Week 15 Official Game Thread - Eagles at Bears, DEC 18th, 12pm, FOX, PHI -9, O/U 49

adam

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, adam said:

I have really soured on this coaching staff. Flus and Getsy very suspect on offense, Flus and Williams on defense. They literally blitzed a Safety leaving no one in the middle of the field for one of the easier TD draws you will ever see. 

I’ll hold off on judging the coaching staff yet.  Most everyone had the Eagles blowing out the Bears.  Aside from the blown blitz call, the defense has certainly held their own. An earlier stat showed Hurts had 3 INTs over the course of 13 games, today he’s got 2. 

If you consider the offense is patchwork (especially on the line) and the defense has three (?) rookie starters who are all contributing to the positive, you’ve got a great base to build on.  

7 minutes ago, adam said:

I have really soured on this coaching staff. Flus and Getsy very suspect on offense, Flus and Williams on defense. They literally blitzed a Safety leaving no one in the middle of the field for one of the easier TD draws you will ever see. 

Ive been thinking about this. How do you lose games to gain a draft pick while simultaneously evaluating your players fairly AND keeping them wanting to play hard and stay in the game?

The answer is you call plays that isolate the players. You put Leatherwood one on one with their best pass rusher without a double team. Ditto Kmet. You blitz through one gap and leave the other one open.

You tell the players "its on your shoulders, youre on an island, go win" and they probably love that. And you find out who your studs are, and you lose games.

I think we will see a very different approach next year.

Also, this has been Field's best game as a pocket passer. Again. He gets better every week.

2 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Ive been thinking about this. How do you lose games to gain a draft pick while simultaneously evaluating your players fairly AND keeping them wanting to play hard and stay in the game?

The answer is you call plays that isolate the players. You put Leatherwood one on one with their best pass rusher without a double team. Ditto Kmet. You blitz through one gap and leave the other one open.

You tell the players "its on your shoulders, youre on an island, go win" and they probably love that. And you find out who your studs are, and you lose games.

I think we will see a very different approach next year.

Also, this has been Field's best game as a pocket passer. Again. He gets better every week.

I dont think its with the thought of losing. Poles may want that but I know Flus and Getsy is not call playing to lose. It is time to evaluate and how you do that is let them not have help. This is the best pass rush team in the league so probably the worst team to do that with but that's football.

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I can’t remember, was Leatherwoods weakness going in  pass blocking? He certainly emphasized that today if so. His run blocking not so bad…. 
Is there hope for him?  

Worst OT in the league last yr in pass protection. I think he plays more but next yr he will be given the chance to compete for the starter job at RT. Also as well as Jenkins has been playing dont discount putting him at RT and let Leatherwood and (Elgton Jenkins ) compete at RG.

1 minute ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

It’s like they read your post.  TD pass was exactly that.  Short quick dump to Montgomery after Fields run attempt to the opposite direction the play before. 

Exactly, it is there all game. I still don't understand it. With the way they run the ball, the quick passing game is lethal.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Velus Jones, what a waste of a draft pick. What was Poles thinking?

he was taking flyers on WRs that have some attributes but didnt make the first two rounds. He knows you cant coach speed, but you might be able to coach a guy to hang on to the ball. But nope. Hands and speed are both attributes you have or you dont.

I dont blame Poles for trying on a speedster, but I think we all see that it just isnt happening.