Fantasy Football TalkBears League Update

adam

The playoffs are upon us. Congrats to all the teams that made it to the 2nd season.

The bracket is set, 1 and 2 are on byes, 4 plays 5, 3 plays 6. 

1 - Fields of Dreams
4 - PapaBear ---------------------
5 - The Mad Lithuanians----------

3 - Nips&Tips---------------------
6 - SAVAGEw/LOOSEMORALS!---
2 - Nopper

In other news, I need to know how we want to address absent managers. We had a manager not update their lineup basically all season, including thru byes and IR, which gave some other teams some free wins and impacted the playoff positions. Since this is a pay league, I want to ensure everything is as fair as possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In the Conference finals, it looks like it is going to be decided tonight on MNF to see who goes to the Championship game. Right now the projection for both teams is within .11 of each other. 

2 - Nopper 138.14 vs 6 - Savage 138.03 (Projected) - Keenan Allen (16.95 Proj)

Basically if Keenan Allen scores 17.07 or more, Savage is in the championship as the reigning champion. If he scores less than that, Nopper is in. Allen has scored more than 17 twice in the last 5 weeks, so 40% of the time. Jefferson hit that number last week, Lamb did the week before that, and Adams did in Week 10 against Indy. So WR1's hit the number 60% of the time in the last 5 weeks. So this is about as 50/50 as it gets. 

Good luck!

23 minutes ago, adam said:

In the Conference finals, it looks like it is going to be decided tonight on MNF to see who goes to the Championship game. Right now the projection for both teams is within .11 of each other. 

2 - Nopper 138.14 vs 6 - Savage 138.03 (Projected) - Keenan Allen (16.95 Proj)

Basically if Keenan Allen scores 17.07 or more, Savage is in the championship as the reigning champion. If he scores less than that, Nopper is in. Allen has scored more than 17 twice in the last 5 weeks, so 40% of the time. Jefferson hit that number last week, Lamb did the week before that, and Adams did in Week 10 against Indy. So WR1's hit the number 60% of the time in the last 5 weeks. So this is about as 50/50 as it gets. 

Good luck!

I always hated that, losing by a small margin when one player difference played would have mattered. 

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I always hated that, losing by a small margin when one player difference played would have mattered. 

I think I have lost every way imaginable. I have lost by a scoring correction, hail mary interception for opponent's defense, highest scoring week by opponent, changed lineup but didn't apply, benched players that scored enough points to win, garbage time points, bad weather kills passing game, dropped wrong player with same name due to COVID (Michael Carter, CB had COVID vs Michael Carter, RB who I dropped). I have seen it all lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the great season.

Payouts were sent, Leaguesafe requires 5 members to approve the listed payouts:

1st - adam@pcXXXXXX - $440 +$35 from Andrew for next season
2nd - bradjock@yaXXXXX - $200
3rd - nopper2020@yaXXXXX - $75
4th - madlith@yaXXXXX - $35

If votes are not received, then the payouts go out on the 11th automatically.

For anyone interested, we might have one free slot available for a new GM to take over an existing team. Let me know if anyone is interested. The league is going into its 14th year.

9 hours ago, adam said:

Congrats on the great season.

Payouts were sent, Leaguesafe requires 5 members to approve the listed payouts:

1st - adam@pcXXXXXX - $440 +$35 from Andrew for next season
2nd - bradjock@yaXXXXX - $200
3rd - nopper2020@yaXXXXX - $75
4th - madlith@yaXXXXX - $35

If votes are not received, then the payouts go out on the 11th automatically.

For anyone interested, we might have one free slot available for a new GM to take over an existing team. Let me know if anyone is interested. The league is going into its 14th year.

If you think you're smart, buyer beware, lots of smart people in this league, I'm not one of them. Of course if you like a challenge, you will get it here.