Week 16 Official (ICE BOWL) Game Thread - BUF @ CHI, 12PM, SAT, 12/24, CBS, BUF -8.5, O/U 40.5

adam

It is going to be COLD on Saturday.  Wind Chill temps between -10 and -15 at game time. Brutal conditions. The ground is going to be like concrete. Huge injury risk. I feel like this is going to be a ground and pound game with very little passing. Probably lower scoring than the line is at. I am thinking 16-14 or something ugly like that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I wonder if Herbert is still feeling good about returning?  

I don't think he has practiced yet, so I would assume he practices this week and comes back against the Lions. With it being a short week and so cold, it might be a better idea to hold him out more game. 

Perhaps every NFL team does this but I like the way we run the injured players through physical tests and match that to their preseason performance.  Eberflus is always saying how his runs/jumps/lifts/etc. are back to baseline.  So players are not just healthy they've had time to regain their strength and agility.  

15 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Perhaps every NFL team does this but I like the way we run the injured players through physical tests and match that to their preseason performance.  Eberflus is always saying how his runs/jumps/lifts/etc. are back to baseline.  So players are not just healthy they've had time to regain their strength and agility.  

we have a professional organization now. its something I am totally not used to. great to see.

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Nagy didn't even know which players were injured or what injuries they had.

1 minute ago, adam said:

Wow Bears with an insanely impressive drive to open the game. Buffalo had no answer for the Bears defense, Fields to Pettis for 6. 

After going to Monty for a walk in TD a few plays earlier.  Until Borom decided to hold. Bottom line, offense looks a WHOLE lot different with Justin running it with confidence.

Now…how will the defense fare?  ?

Just now, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Bass misses the XP.  And I’m good with keeping Gordon on the outside going forward. Might be ok to keep Johnson opposite him but guess we’ll see. 

I would rather they play man instead of zone against Allen. He picks apart zone coverage.

Kmet with a drop, -1. Velus now with 2 good run backs on kickoffs and a nice quick slant reception. Bears can't convert on 4th Down, Bills take over.

Now the Bears defense cannot stop the run. LBs look terrible.

Bears win the 1st quarter 7-6. They hung with the AFC #1 seed, now they can tank.