Week 16 Official (ICE BOWL) Game Thread - BUF @ CHI, 12PM, SAT, 12/24, CBS, BUF -8.5, O/U 40.5

adam

1 hour ago, adam said:

and as part of the Tankathon sweepstakes, HOU is tied with TEN in the 2nd quarter. Bears still in play for the #1 pick if HOU wins 2.

is that true? does a 3 win team go to a tie breaker with a 2 win and 1 tie team? Or does Hou have to win another? Either way a Houston win today is good for us for sure.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

is that true? does a 3 win team go to a tie breaker with a 2 win and 1 tie team? Or does Hou have to win another? Either way a Houston win today is good for us for sure.

Houston needs to win one more. We will get the tiebreaker because of there tie if they have 3 wins and we have 3 wins. 

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Wow!  Gordon has been nothing short of incredible since coming back from injury.  

Yeah he was impressive and was one of the few shining stars. The D-Line and LBs are brutal. Outside of Sanborn, we really need 2x LBs, 2 DTs, and 2 DEs in the front 7 as new starters. I don't know if we will get there all this offseason, but it would be nice to get at least a stud DT, DE, and LB to add to the core.

3 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Houston needs to win one more. We will get the tiebreaker because of there tie if they have 3 wins and we have 3 wins. 

ty, yes thats what I thought. They need to win one more to make todays win mean anything.

6 minutes ago, adam said:

Velus Jones Jr. led all receivers from either team with 52 receiving yards and all returners with 113 return yards.  This was sort of the game I expected him for most of the season. 1 or 2 chunk plays and some nice returns.

Yes that is the role I expected from him as well.  Hopefully that big reception gives him more confidence and then with a full offseason he can improve his timing with Fields.   

As we watch backups to the backups play, we were in the game with 10:03 left 21-13. The Oline actually got a decent grade from PFF (just something to measure with). The only 2023 starter playing was B. Jones. 

Our DBs continue to show promise with no pass rush. Jaylon Jones, and Josh Blackwell will be on this team next yr. 

V Jones will get chances to show his worth, someone with his speed will not be discarded like an old pair of socks. 

Because were losing, we have a negative look on all that's going on here but I think we have something building here with the young guys. 

Rookies that are  going to be on team next yr. 

Brisker/ S

Gordon /CB

Jaylon Jones/CB

Josh Blackwell/CB

Elijah Hicks/S

Jack Sanborn/LB

Sterling Weatherford/LB       waiting to see him get some playing time. 

Dom Robinson/DE

J Carter/LG    lost in the depth chart , gaining strength will put him in for more playing time.

B. Jones/LT bright spot

Tent Gill/ Punter bright spot

V Jones/ WR  bad first yr but still has speed

Tris Ebner/RB bad first yr

Erik Kramer/OC  been on IR all yr. I suspect he projects out as a Sam Mustifer. 

I think if a GM has 13 rookies making the roster in the first yr, that is a good sign.

5 of them has made an impact. Brisker-Gordon-Sanborn-Gill-B Jones

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Erik Kramer/OC  been on IR all yr. I suspect he projects out as a Sam Mustifer. 

I think if a GM has 13 rookies making the roster in the first yr, that is a good sign.

5 of them has made an impact. Brisker-Gordon-Sanborn-Gill-B Jones

I'm certain you meant Doug Kramer as the OC and that you aren't trying to drag Eric Kramer out of retirement. 

It's common for us to talk about rookies as gaining strength but I really believe J. Carter is more focused on technique and adapting to NFL offense.    It might be splitting hairs but for next year's forecast I'd say strength is typically the easier thing to gain whereas the leap learning the technical side of blocking in this offense is a bit trickier to project.  The team thinks enough of him to protect him on the 53 but even with all of our recent injuries he's still riding the bench while Borom started and then Eiselen got 44% of the LG snaps in the last game.  That's concerning if we're thinking he's someone we can pencil in as a backup in 2023.  

Overall I agree this rookie class is promising as the majority of them look like they belong on an NFL field.