Holy Cow Zach Wilson/Tua/Russell Wilson are bad

adam

On 12/25/2022 at 11:26 PM, AZ54 said:

Sure seems like they got the wrong HC/OC guy out of GB.  Earlier in the year he really screwed up the clock management at the end of a game.  I don't remember details but I do remember thinking at the time that you can't possibly be in offensive football that many years and not know those things.  By itself that doesn't mean much but it does point to a lack of organization and preparedness.  If you can't get the simple things right with your offensive staff how well are you coordinating the practices and other details needed to get an offense on the same page?   That combined with the Wilson deal might make you sick to your stomach as a fan.   If I'm the owner I'm taking a serious look at my coaching investment because if there's a chance this deal for Wilson could work it has to start happening next season.    

Replying to myself but the Broncos felt the same way and fired Hackett.  https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-gm-george-paton-we-do-believe-russell-wilson-is-fixable

BTW, Zach Wilson has the worst ELO rating thru 22 starts EVER, and basically is a Ryan Leaf clone at this point in his career. 

Notice Fields on there, but he already has a positive rating after his first 22. His rookie year with Nagy did him no favors as ELO carries over from year to year. 

Here is a cool site with ELO ratings, Fields is currently 15th, which is very similar to his QBR.

https://www.nfeloapp.com/qb-rankings/

13 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

So glad Russ isn’t a Bear. I don’t think I could take hearing Bear down or whatever foolishness he’d trademark every game.

LET'S RIDE!

Can you imagine this same team with $50M less cap space and without Justin Fields AND no 1st rounders for a few more years. That is basically Denver, except they have $100M in cap space, no Justin Fields, and no first rounders.

I'm liking a lot of what Poles has done, but I think this was a mistake. Luckily, we didn't win the bidding.

I like to hope he was learning info, or trying to jack up the price for someone else. Doing due diligence etc. But if he really meant to sign Wilson, it was a mistake.

We didnt get him, so i cant blame Poles for it. Like I said, I dont know what his intentions were, how serious he was, etc. But this would have been a disaster.

We will know more after Free Agency and the draft. :)

21 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I'm liking a lot of what Poles has done, but I think this was a mistake. Luckily, we didn't win the bidding.

I like to hope he was learning info, or trying to jack up the price for someone else. Doing due diligence etc. But if he really meant to sign Wilson, it was a mistake.

We didnt get him, so i cant blame Poles for it. Like I said, I dont know what his intentions were, how serious he was, etc. But this would have been a disaster.

We will know more after Free Agency and the draft. :)

I've never seen where Poles was in on Wilson.  Wasn't that a Pace thing?

39 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I've never seen where Poles was in on Wilson.  Wasn't that a Pace thing?

I think that was Pace and then after his failed attempt at securing a vet QB he was able to trade up and draft Fields.  In the 2022 offseason Wilson was never an option for us although they may have called Poles to ask him if he was interested....back when Seattle was saying publicly they were never going to trade him.