Getsy a Senior Bowl HC

adam

I love talented Seniors, LOL. Far too often we draft players who only have limited experience, leave college early to get the big paycheck, and are selected solely because of "potential" or "measurables." I prefer players who had success against top level opponents. Players who have the experience and maturity players leaving college early quite often lack.

5 hours ago, Pixote said:

I love talented Seniors, LOL. Far too often we draft players who only have limited experience, leave college early to get the big paycheck, and are selected solely because of "potential" or "measurables." I prefer players who had success against top level opponents. Players who have the experience and maturity players leaving college early quite often lack.

Hopefully NIL deals will slow down some of the guys leaving early. The biggest reason was money. Scholarships are great, but even those don't cover all expenses for students or athletes. 

It would a great question to know how many All Pro players from the last few years came out as Juniors or Seniors. I think elite guys will be elite regardless, but with the lower end guys the experience is what gets them over the top.

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Hopefully NIL deals will slow down some of the guys leaving early. The biggest reason was money. Scholarships are great, but even those don't cover all expenses for students or athletes. 

It would a great question to know how many All Pro players from the last few years came out as Juniors or Seniors. I think elite guys will be elite regardless, but with the lower end guys the experience is what gets them over the top.

If I were in position to be a day 1/2 draft pick I'd probably still come out early.  Football careers can be short so striking while the iron is hot makes sense.  Plus if you are young like Kmet, you could get two good contracts (2nd and 3rd contracts).   Velus won't be seeing that.  

27 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

36 players were drafted in the first three rounds out of the Senior Bowl. (6 in the first round)

Lots of day 2 and day 3 types there.   Which is great because those are also the players you need more exposure to, especially talented players who played against lower competition.   

36 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Lots of day 2 and day 3 types there.   Which is great because those are also the players you need more exposure to, especially talented players who played against lower competition.   

Like Brock Purdy?  Although he played in the E/W Shrine game and not the Senior Bowl. 

13 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Like Brock Purdy?  Although he played in the E/W Shrine game and not the Senior Bowl. 

You know I'm a former Cyclone and Purdy is from my town in AZ.  I've been watching him for years.  I'm not surprised at the way he's playing simply because there is so much talent on that offense and they are protecting him well.  He does have limitations and those will show up sooner or later.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Yes.  Guys like Quinn Meinierz, who nobody heard of, gets drafted in the third round and is a starter.  Then there's guys that went in the first round that may have went later.  This is big for a couple of gems...