Plant this here

Stinger226

image.png

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I'll try to find it on YouTube, I think you have to have a Twitter account to open.

image.png This what it tells me, must be my phone 

Webpage not available

The webpage at https://twitter.com/hashtag/DaBears?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_RESPONSE

50 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

image.png

image.png This what it tells me, must be my phone 

Webpage not available

The webpage at https://twitter.com/hashtag/DaBears?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw could not be loaded because:

net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_RESPONSE

Maybe because on my phone I only see the link, and it doesn’t open anything but on my computer it was an embedded video.  

Stinger, loved this preview from Swift Sports. I hope you post the remainder of the series where he goes over FAs available at other positions, especially OL and WR. Thanks for posting this one on the DL FA prospects. A good number of interesting options for the Bears.

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

Do you guys think Washington tags him?

They have to try to get a QB, their paying Jonathan Allen 21 mil in 2023, and only have 7.3 mil in cap space.

I think he will be available.

All I can go off of is Washington stating they are signing him. Could all be for show but maybe they find a way. 

53 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

All I can go off of is Washington stating they are signing him. Could all be for show but maybe they find a way. 

I think he will be tagged. Ron is well liked as the HC. They have, from what I hear, a good locker room. I think other players will restructure as needed to keep this guy on their team. I pray I'm wrong. But far too often we think a player will be cut for cap reasons and he winds up being signed.

3 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I think he will be tagged. Ron is well liked as the HC. They have, from what I hear, a good locker room. I think other players will restructure as needed to keep this guy on their team. I pray I'm wrong. But far too often we think a player will be cut for cap reasons and he winds up being signed.

Their problem is not just this year it is next year too.   They don't have a lot of room to maneuver, just $7mil at the moment.  Technically that isn't even enough to tag him but cut Carson Wentz and that number goes up to $33mil.  The first question they have to answer is what are they going to do at QB?   They aren't in the running in the draft, they don't even have Heinicke signed.  If they want to sign him he won't be expensive but he'll want some midling "starter" money which is likely at least $10mil and, in the age of good QBs making $50mil/yr, maybe $15mil/yr.  That would also likely be a very short term deal, 1 or possibly 2 years, which makes it hard to shift cap hit to future years.  As a FA Heinicke could easily be seen as the bridge QB on any number of teams looking for a short term solution.    There goes half their cap space and they have to fit in a draft class ~$7mil?  

In 2022 they spent a 2nd Rd pick on Phidarian Mathis so they prepared to jettison Payne.  Long term they also have to consider the two DEs who need new deals in 2024.   How much money/cap space can they commit to the Dline?   They have $100mil available in 2024 so plenty of room overall.  A bad QB situation helps that but if they want to aim middle of the pack QB in Derek Carr?  JimmyG?   Add in the two DEs (if they want both long term) and then the other 29 FA players they have to sign and it gets tight quickly.   

QB - $20mil,  Payne $20mil, figure DEs have combined cap hit of $20-30mil.   That's $60mil of the 100 available.  Leaving $40mil to sign 29 players.  

If they are thinking tag and trade....I don't think Payne is the type of player a team would give up a high pick for and then the big contract.  I can't see Poles doing that.   Nor is he enough to sweeten a deal for #1 overall.  Him and McLauren could be part of a package along with lots of picks.  I might even shuffle off Claypool in exchange just to keep some roster cap balance.  Use their 16th pick to draft JSN.  I'm not saying I want to do this just exploring the What If scenario.  

39 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Their problem is not just this year it is next year too.   They don't have a lot of room to maneuver, just $7mil at the moment.  Technically that isn't even enough to tag him but cut Carson Wentz and that number goes up to $33mil.  The first question they have to answer is what are they going to do at QB?   They aren't in the running in the draft, they don't even have Heinicke signed.  If they want to sign him he won't be expensive but he'll want some midling "starter" money which is likely at least $10mil and, in the age of good QBs making $50mil/yr, maybe $15mil/yr.  That would also likely be a very short term deal, 1 or possibly 2 years, which makes it hard to shift cap hit to future years.  As a FA Heinicke could easily be seen as the bridge QB on any number of teams looking for a short term solution.    There goes half their cap space and they have to fit in a draft class ~$7mil?  

In 2022 they spent a 2nd Rd pick on Phidarian Mathis so they prepared to jettison Payne.  Long term they also have to consider the two DEs who need new deals in 2024.   How much money/cap space can they commit to the Dline?   They have $100mil available in 2024 so plenty of room overall.  A bad QB situation helps that but if they want to aim middle of the pack QB in Derek Carr?  JimmyG?   Add in the two DEs (if they want both long term) and then the other 29 FA players they have to sign and it gets tight quickly.   

QB - $20mil,  Payne $20mil, figure DEs have combined cap hit of $20-30mil.   That's $60mil of the 100 available.  Leaving $40mil to sign 29 players.  

If they are thinking tag and trade....I don't think Payne is the type of player a team would give up a high pick for and then the big contract.  I can't see Poles doing that.   Nor is he enough to sweeten a deal for #1 overall.  Him and McLauren could be part of a package along with lots of picks.  I might even shuffle off Claypool in exchange just to keep some roster cap balance.  Use their 16th pick to draft JSN.  I'm not saying I want to do this just exploring the What If scenario.  

Of course they want to keep him but their problem are having to resign 2 DEs next yr. They will be paying Allen 21 mil , Payne 20, then find a QB, then both quality ends. As AZ said, something has to give. I think they let Payne walk and then next year pick one DE . Their not going to be paying 90 mil for the  D line.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, ChileBear said:

Great! A few years back when I lived in Chile, saw a hat for sale by a street vendor that said "Chicago Dears"

I've been to 27  countries but never been to Chile. Peru, Venuzalua, Colombia are the only South American countries I've been to. I would like to hit 50 before I die but every year gets more expensive to travel, probably won't make that. Chile always intrigued me.

19 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I've been to 27  countries but never been to Chile. Peru, Venuzalua, Colombia are the only South American countries I've been to. I would like to hit 50 before I die but every year gets more expensive to travel, probably won't make that. Chile always intrigued me.

Beautiful place, people are friendly and the political situation is not as bad as most other countries in SA. Though they are in the process of writing a new constitution. We lived there at the right time and left just before the sh*t hit the fan politically. Our in-laws are there now and enjoying it.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:52 PM, Stinger226 said:

Seen this sign in Phuket Thailand. Can't get away from the rivalry.

IMG_20230202_184600507_HDR.jpg

That's pretty funny. I always found it interesting how many signs were in English in foreign countries where English wasn't the first (or even second) language.