Welcome DJ Moore, WR1

adam

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

It's official... and he seems happy to be here.  He's already met up with Fields and Mooney for dinner.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/dj-moore-on-joining-bears-justin-fields-it-going-to-be-real-special-trade

He's all in , this is why he wanted a vet instead of drafting a rookie.

4 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

All the top Free agent WRs are getting 11 mil a year. We have Claypool at 3 and a true number one at 17.5 apt, I think that's outstanding.

And we don't have to live through all the rookie learning curve issues.  

I don't know if people realize how good DJ Moore is. Since his rookie year (2018), there have been 11 WRs with a total of 300 receptions and 5000 yds, with Moore being one of them. However, if you sort those 11 by Yards Per Reception, Moore is 2nd only to Mike Evans. Tyreek Hill is 3rd. 

Here is the list sorted by Y/R, now think about the other WRs and the QBs they had over that span and what Moore had to deal with in Carolina. He is also the youngest of this group.

1. Evans
2. Moore
3. Hill
4. Cooper
5. Lockett
6. Adams
7. Diggs
8. Godwin
9. Hopkins
10. Kupp
11. Allen

13 minutes ago, adam said:

I don't know if people realize how good DJ Moore is. Since his rookie year (2018), there have been 11 WRs with a total of 300 receptions and 5000 yds, with Moore being one of them. However, if you sort those 11 by Yards Per Reception, Moore is 2nd only to Mike Evans. Tyreek Hill is 3rd. 

Here is the list sorted by Y/R, now think about the other WRs and the QBs they had over that span and what Moore had to deal with in Carolina. He is also the youngest of this group.

1. Evans
2. Moore
3. Hill
4. Cooper
5. Lockett
6. Adams
7. Diggs
8. Godwin
9. Hopkins
10. Kupp
11. Allen

The fact he had as many QBs as he's had, can you imagine what he'll be like with the same QB for more than one season?  

1 hour ago, BearFan2000 said:

Liked his sit down with Jeff Joniak. Comes across as a down to earth chill dude who’s a hard worker.  I love his toughness and desire to do all the little things. Whatever it takes attitude.  Definitely the type of vet you want around the locker room and WR group. 

Yeah, seems like a lunch pail type.  Just show up and work, and do it the right way.  He should fit in with Fields, Mooney, and Kmet very quickly.   If Claypool had issues with route running or maybe not focusing on football as much as we'd like, I think this group is going to pull him up to their standard.   A rising tide lifts all ships.  

15 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Liked his sit down with Jeff Joniak. Comes across as a down to earth chill dude who’s a hard worker.  I love his toughness and desire to do all the little things. Whatever it takes attitude.  Definitely the type of vet you want around the locker room and WR group. 

Yep.  With how they’re re-building this team, a lot of young players and others from other teams, having a guy like this is key to success.  I’m blown away with how mature and low key (personality wise) he is.  Great character kid.  Will really be a stabilizing force.  In another interview he was asked about how he feels coming to Chicago with a consistent figure at QB rather than the “mess” he experienced in Carolina. He snickered and said he ‘wouldn’t call it a mess’ and said he’s looking forward to what will happen in Chicago.  Perfect answer.  

He’s not necessarily the big bodied WR I prefer but “more better”.  (Phrase a friend of mine always uses).  

• 3 months later...