My Free Agent Guesses

adam

In the first 72 hours of FA, King Poles will sign Dre'Mont Jones, McGlinchey, and Okereke (to satisfy Flus).  Those are my guesses.

How about you? Who do you think Poles will sign? Gimme your top 3.

#BTFD

image.gif

Note - those are not who I want, but who I think the Bears will target.

I would rather see McGary than McGlinchey (price and performance).

After watching some games of Taylor earlier today I don't like him in either pass pro or run blocking.  He stays too high.  Reportedly the Jags ran a quick pass offense so time to protect was usually on the order of 2s.   I don't know if that's true but anytime someone got low on Taylor they got around him quickly.    

Available space:  $75mil per OTC w/ DJ Moore 

OC:  Keep Patrick and draft rookie to compete

Tier 1:  

RT... McGlinchey.    He has health issues and sometimes pass pro issues which will keep his cost lower but he's much more of a known commodity in this offense than Taylor.  That reduces the risk.  If they can get his health and strength back to good we win.  Plus having a vet next to Jenkins also helps him IMO.   There are good OT options for us in the draft at 9 but I think Poles wants the sure thing with the Oline going into the draft.      $15mil/yr

DT... Dre'Mont Jones.    Top target.  Crushing need means we have to overpay the man.  $17mil/yr.  

I think DE gets left to a deep draft.  

Total spend $32mil.   Available Cap:  $43mil

Tier 2:  

LB...Okereke.   Spotrac Market Value shows $2.3mil, OTC at $7mil.   I'll guess he signs for $6mil/yr

CB/NB...  who?  $5mil.... then  cut Vasher to save half that so net cap hit is just $2.5mil.  ( I forgot we have Michael Ojemudia, he might be good enough for them to skip signing a FA and see how the training camp battle goes with the young guys from last year).

Total spend $44mil...   Available Cap:  $31mil

Remaining money goes toward extensions for Kmet, Johnson, and Mooney (figure 2 of 3 get done) plus the draft pool which will be $10mil.  Of course how they structure things could gives us more space this year.  In the future we will lose Whitehair's and Eddie Jackson's contracts.   

5 hours ago, adam said:

In the first 72 hours of FA, King Poles will sign Dre'Mont Jones, McGlinchey, and Okereke (to satisfy Flus).  Those are my guesses.

How about you? Who do you think Poles will sign? Gimme your top 3.

#BTFD

image.gif

I think your first two are in line with my guesses. But I want brown and convince him to play rt while Jones is lt. If Jones isn’t good enough you can always move brown back to LT but man if both work you are in business. 

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

After watching some games of Taylor earlier today I don't like him in either pass pro or run blocking.  He stays too high.  Reportedly the Jags ran a quick pass offense so time to protect was usually on the order of 2s.   I don't know if that's true but anytime someone got low on Taylor they got around him quickly.    

Available space:  $75mil per OTC w/ DJ Moore 

OC:  Keep Patrick and draft rookie to compete

Tier 1:  

RT... McGlinchey.    He has health issues and sometimes pass pro issues which will keep his cost lower but he's much more of a known commodity in this offense than Taylor.  That reduces the risk.  If they can get his health and strength back to good we win.  Plus having a vet next to Jenkins also helps him IMO.   There are good OT options for us in the draft at 9 but I think Poles wants the sure thing with the Oline going into the draft.      $15mil/yr

DT... Dre'Mont Jones.    Top target.  Crushing need means we have to overpay the man.  $17mil/yr.  

I think DE gets left to a deep draft.  

Total spend $32mil.   Available Cap:  $43mil

Tier 2:  

LB...Okereke.   Spotrac Market Value shows $2.3mil, OTC at $7mil.   I'll guess he signs for $6mil/yr

CB/NB...  who?  $5mil.... then  cut Vasher to save half that so net cap hit is just $2.5mil.  ( I forgot we have Michael Ojemudia, he might be good enough for them to skip signing a FA and see how the training camp battle goes with the young guys from last year).

Total spend $44mil...   Available Cap:  $31mil

Remaining money goes toward extensions for Kmet, Johnson, and Mooney (figure 2 of 3 get done) plus the draft pool which will be $10mil.  Of course how they structure things could gives us more space this year.  In the future we will lose Whitehair's and Eddie Jackson's contracts.   

If not Taylor then who? He has upside and will come cheaper than McGary and  McGlinchy. All of them have flaws.

I found this new Twitter account NFL Notifications , is says Dremont Jones is going to Cleveland also re-signing Pocic.

Also Booby Okereke is coming here.

I will have to see how accurate they are.

McGary is still out there for RT, Isaac Seumalo, OG, and even Orlando Brown for OT.  If they want to go C, then Brendel and Bradbury are still available.

Arden Key for Edge/DE, Ngakoue is still there at DE. Edge feels like a huge need, but fairly weak.

Another name we know, Larry Ogunjobi, is still out there for DT. Would Poles go back there? For other IDL, Poona Ford, Sheldon Rankins, Greg Gaines, and Ioannidis are all still there and under 30.

If there are still looking at RB or TE. David Montgomery and Miles Sanders are available for RB, Dalton Schultz, Austin Hooper at TE.

I still think they go for at least one more OL, and 2 more DL in the pre-draft FA period.

20 minutes ago, adam said:

I still think they go for at least one more OL, and 2 more DL in the pre-draft FA period.

We still may be in play for Orlando Brown.  He's going to command an unaffordable deal for most teams.  Also, Brown has gone to 4 consecutive pro bowls at both tackle positions by the age of 26.  If the Chiefs signed the other guy for 20 mil a year, Brown is probably looking for 25 mil.

2 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

We still may be in play for Orlando Brown.  He's going to command an unaffordable deal for most teams.  Also, Brown has gone to 4 consecutive pro bowls at both tackle positions by the age of 26.  If the Chiefs signed the other guy for 20 mil a year, Brown is probably looking for 25 mil.

I still think we are have at least 2 of the top 50 FAs left to sign and probably a 3rd one that is mid-tier, all in the trenches.

7 hours ago, adam said:

McGary is still out there for RT, Isaac Seumalo, OG

These are the two I had flagged (in addition to Deron Payne and Nate Davis) in my spreadsheet when I first started looking at our offseason a few months ago. Let the price fall, and then grab em.

4 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

These are the two I had flagged (in addition to Deron Payne and Nate Davis) in my spreadsheet when I first started looking at our offseason a few months ago. Let the price fall, and then grab em.

McGary gone, but Seumalo still available.

15 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

My FA forecast was all wrong.  

me too. I guess players that look like good players for the right salary get resigned by their teams, and others get overpaid in bidding wars. I cant say Im surprised by this, but i was right there with you expecting Daron Payne etc. i blame the sportswriters. lol

Everything I predicted was wrong, I would have bet my house, Monty was coming back , good thing I'm stuck in Thailand and they don't allow gambling.

My next prediction: Greg Gaines/ DT

Dennis Kelly /RT.    

Frank Clark/Edge 1 year 10 mil deal

Rock Ya-Sin/DB   1 year 5 mil deal

If I right on any of these it's because I'm lucky.

8 hours ago, AZ54 said:

My FA forecast was all wrong.  

Me too lol, I am like 0 for 20.

I was not expecting Denver to be so busy in free agency, but I guess they need to get all they can out of Wilson and those WRs.