adam

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I just seen this today. Sure seems like lots of content for the bears this yr over pervious years. I think lots of people think something special is going to happen. I know I do.

Yeah, a lot of interest for sure. We are debating Air Yards in the first preseason game, lmao.

One other note, I can't wait until we get some TE targets and see Claypool out there with Moore and Mooney. Someone is getting CB3 on every play. 

1 minute ago, adam said:

Yeah, a lot of interest for sure. We are debating Air Yards in the first preseason game, lmao.

One other note, I can't wait until we get some TE targets and see Claypool out there with Moore and Mooney. Someone is getting CB3 on every play. 

Teams are going to have a hard time keeping up with our offense. So many ways to go, and I think Getsy knows how to use everyone. DCs have to worry about DJ then Justin, then  having the ball run down their throats. Play action will kill this yr , as you said, DJ, Mooney, Cl;aypool and Kmet. someone will be wide open.

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Teams are going to have a hard time keeping up with our offense. So many ways to go, and I think Getsy knows how to use everyone. DCs have to worry about DJ then Justin, then  having the ball run down their throats. Play action will kill this yr , as you said, DJ, Mooney, Cl;aypool and Kmet. someone will be wide open.

yup - every player is a multiplier. at some point, you just cant defend everything - then it comes down to playcalling and rhythm. get that right and you go far.

I hope we dont lose Getsy a year early.

Swift did a short breakdown on Dexter but it's nice because you get to see Gipson, Pickens, and DRob on various plays.  Aside from looking for the individual splash play the one thing that stood out was the consistent push up the middle to compress the pocket.  We didn't have that last year.  This has to hold up against starting level players but this is a good start for the two rookies in their first NFL game action.   

Swifty saw the same thing I did, after review.  He did a good job showing the angle of his back.  One thing he failed to objectively observe was that Dexter was, indeed, slow off the snap.  He looks to be reading, as he was taught in college.  IMO, that's not a bad thing, as long he adjusts. I'm also not overly concerned about the pad level yet, as he only needs to drop a couple of inches.  Are 6'6 he is always going to be a little higher and that is ok of his leverage and strength is hard to deal with.  He has been compared to Jalen Carter on this site.  Carter is different on the next level.

45 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Swifty saw the same thing I did, after review.  He did a good job showing the angle of his back.  One thing he failed to objectively observe was that Dexter was, indeed, slow off the snap.  He looks to be reading, as he was taught in college.  IMO, that's not a bad thing, as long he adjusts. I'm also not overly concerned about the pad level yet, as he only needs to drop a couple of inches.  Are 6'6 he is always going to be a little higher and that is ok of his leverage and strength is hard to deal with.  He has been compared to Jalen Carter on this site.  Carter is different on the next level.

on about half the snaps he looked slow off the ball, but MUCH faster than last years 2 gap film. Hopefully he continues to improve. i know there are brain training machines that can improve this.

As for pad level, he's really gonna have to take that coaching. hes so strong, and he will be even stronger when he learns his leverage.

On 8/12/2023 at 2:43 PM, BearFan PHX said:

One thing you can really see from DJ Moore on that screen is he is a genius when it comes to spacing. i saw it on the film from Carolina too - he finds the perfect spacing against zone defenses. Think of all the WR screens we've seen fail over the years (looking at you Gary Crowton) Getsy get it when it comes to screens. And screens will compliment our zone running scheme, and Fields' running. Great to see.

Agree, and to me that is why Moore is the best #1 WR fit for this offense. He can beat a defense in so many ways. Not just a one trick pony who’s mainly a deep threat.  He adds so much versatility to this offense. When your top WR can take a screen pass 50+ yards to the house and make it look so effortless will give DCs fits. They will have to keep track of where Moore is, spy on Fields, and the run game, and someone should always be open. What a great get by Poles to insist on him being part of the trade.  

6 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Agree, and to me that is why Moore is the best #1 WR fit for this offense. He can beat a defense in so many ways. Not just a one trick pony who’s mainly a deep threat.  He adds so much versatility to this offense. When your top WR can take a screen pass 50+ yards to the house and make it look so effortless will give DCs fits. They will have to keep track of where Moore is, spy on Fields, and the run game, and someone should always be open. What a great get by Poles to insist on him being part of the trade.  

Moore gets open, and he STAYS open. I watched a bunch of Carolina film, and Moore would be just sitting there waiting for the QB to notice him. IF Fields has a problem making late reads, that particular skill by Moore will cover for a lot of it. And if not, then watch out. Like you said, someone is going to be open.

5 hours ago, AZ54 said:

That's a pretty good first effort by Carter.  Like they always say it's best when nobody notices them and he was quiet.  

There is a couple of statements made when these draft picks  produce. Poles can identify talent and the coaches are developing players. As much  as fans have been here before ( optimism) , this regime seems different. In another year, we will start to see Kramer looking like he belongs. Boron played well also.( shock)

From one year to the next, look at the upgrade of the roster. RB room, WR room, LB room, DB room, OL room, and I believe we will see it in the DL also. I can't say enough how things feel different. Was excited when 2018 hit but didn't have the same optimism with Trubisky and company. The majority are young guys.

This is a really good breakdown of the two rookie DTs.  Dexter gets added to the very small list of men I've seen lift a 300lb offensive lineman up in the air with just one arm.  There are a lot of positives about Dexter in this game for run defense.  He's got a lot of room to grow as a pass rusher but he'll learn.  Pickens had a few good plays too and he can play strong too.   

Football Scout squeezed in a couple clips of Travis Bell and you can see just how quick he is.  

The more I see Dexter, the more I see a 2 tech.  He has the natural instincts of a run stopper.  I know a lot of college training taught him read and react, but an NFL 3 tech does not have the luxury of time.  I'll be looking for more of him in the backfield this weekend.  On the other hand, Pickens has all the aggressiveness of a 3T.  I like both of these guys, but so far I'm wrong about the former.

11 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

The more I see Dexter, the more I see a 2 tech.  He has the natural instincts of a run stopper.  I know a lot of college training taught him read and react, but an NFL 3 tech does not have the luxury of time.  I'll be looking for more of him in the backfield this weekend.  On the other hand, Pickens has all the aggressiveness of a 3T.  I like both of these guys, but so far I'm wrong about the former.

Yeah I see that as well. The get off needs to be instinctual.