Week 2 Official Game Thread - CHI @ TB, 9/17, 12pm CDT, CHI +3, O/U 41.5

adam

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

In theory we have the right LBs to make him pay for doing that.  

One of the best calls the Packers made last week was on a formation where the running back was the outside receiver, and that pulled Edmunds over to cover him, and left the middle open for someone else.

We cant always play zone, but when we do, I hope to see Edmunds prowling the middle.

Of course there are other ways to challenge nickels without playing the middle of the field, but that does take away a big part of that game for sure.

11 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Mayfield isnt a good QB. He will make some plays but have to take away the slants and middle of the field . He will turn the ball over. If 4 aint getting there blitz.

They need to rattle him early. His career stats are wild. He had his most yards per game his rookie year (266), then that fell every year since (239 > 222 > 215 > 180 > 173).

I don't think people realize that the Bucs only had 173 yards passing last week, yet threw it 34 times, while also having no running game (White had 39 yards on 17 carries). What makes that look worse is MIN just got shredded by PHI on the ground, so if TB couldn't do anything, that speaks more about their inept rushing offense. 

The more I look at the matchups, the more favorable this matchup becomes for the Bears. 

Mayfield rarely goes back to back games without a pick. In 10 of his last 15 starts, he was sacked 3 or more times. He also has some really bad games where the wheels just come off, multi-INT, under 50% comp, or 5+ sacks, or a combination of any of those 3. He has had 8 of those games in his last 15. He is 1-7 in those games with his only win coming against NO 24-14 where he had 12-25, 170 yds, 48%, 1 TD, 0 INT, and 3 sacks. The Panthers had a defensive TD that game. 

51 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

DC Williams not making the trip to Tampa due to personal reasons.  Flus to make defensive play calls .

I just watched his press conference and Flus looks mad and focused.  With regard to Alan Williams.... if a player or coach has a family issue to deal with you almost always hear them say we wish him the best, or we look forward to him returning soon.  There was not even a hint of that from Flus and that made me start wondering if we just fired our DC. 

To pile on that sentiment:  A reporter asked Flus if the defense would look the same with him calling plays and he just said "we'll see" with a hint of a wry smile.  Then further along he spoke of each of the defensive coaches and that they know what his expectations are and what needs to be done and how it needs to be done.   Still through all that chatter there was not another mention of Alan Williams (i.e. when he returns...).   If the defense is going to look different with Flus running it then by default it means Williams wasn't running it the way Flus wanted it run.  

When Flus got the HC job it took him a bit of searching for a DC before he settled on Alan Williams.  They had worked together for years so you'd think if Williams was his top guy then he would have been in the conversation for the DC job from the get go.  OTOH, and IIRC, Getsy's name popped up fairly quickly among the OC search.     

All I know is this weekend's game just got a lot more interesting!  

No Carlton Davis, and no Kancey for the Bucs: 

Jamel Dean, Dee Delaney, and Zyon McCollum are the top 3 remaining CBs for the Bucs.  Moore is a mismatch for all of them, and Mooney and Claypool are mismatches for at least CB2 and CB3.  No reason the passing game shouldn't get going.

I think they try to establish the run and a few designated runs by Fields to set up play action. Open the passing game more. I think they have outside runs to try get fatigue on Bucs defense. Listen to Olin on the SCORE and he said they should run the ball over the Davis-Wright side and make Vela  chase them.

17 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

They should run the ball over the Davis Wright side all season cuz theyre good :)

Davis will miss the game for personal reasons, you can't make this stuff up. He has a lot going on, I would put him on IR now, and sign Risner (even if you have to overpay).  Then figure it out in 4 weeks. 

3 hours ago, adam said:

Davis will miss the game for personal reasons, you can't make this stuff up. He has a lot going on, I would put him on IR now, and sign Risner (even if you have to overpay).  Then figure it out in 4 weeks. 

It just came out today that he had a death in his family and the preseason issues was someone in his family had been sick. That person just died today. Kinda hard to criticize him when a close family member had issues. 

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It just came out today that he had a death in his family and the preseason issues was someone in his family had been sick. That person just died today. Kinda hard to criticize him when a close family member had issues. 

Family will always take care of family, in that I mean the team.    

To have gone through what it sounds like he was (Davis) and still try to practice and play is truly commendable on his part.  Makes a lot of sense he was distracted by his personal life.   Take the time you need Nate, football will still be there.  Maybe time to see what Feeney can do?  And I see Collins will be brought up to help 

In the meantime Blackwell is also listed as a ‘no go’ for tomorrow.  We’ll be digging deep into the CB depth chart for players. 

IMG_5593.jpeg

39 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

These are people and I wish Davis all the best. 

I hope it's not his wife or children, and all; the people giving  him crap because of his practice time. I have to look back and see if i said anything stupid. I USUALLY WAIT TO FIND OUT DETAILS BEFORE i SAY SOMETHING STUPID.  

12 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I hope it's not his wife or children, and all; the people giving  him crap because of his practice time. I have to look back and see if i said anything stupid. I USUALLY WAIT TO FIND OUT DETAILS BEFORE i SAY SOMETHING STUPID.  

I know I did. I assumed he just didn’t want to play after he got paid. If it is really a family thing - than I step back and apologize for anything I had said. If it was, I also don’t get why Bears wouldn’t say more - I get respecting privacy but there a good and bad ways to manage stuff.