Fields-O-Meter

adam

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Then "who" replaces Fields?  And what circumstance makes that pick the next (first?) generational QB the Bears have needed all this time?  So far history shows the Bears can't and won't get it right... 

It doesn't matter who replaces Fields.  The are 10 elite QB's in the world and he isn't one of them.  He fits in the average category, which won't get you anywhere beyond PR fluff from Halas Hall.  We need to get a guy that has the "it" factor.  No stopping untill that's achieved...

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

It doesn't matter who replaces Fields.  The are 10 elite QB's in the world and he isn't one of them.  He fits in the average category, which won't get you anywhere beyond PR fluff from Halas Hall.  We need to get a guy that has the "it" factor.  No stopping untill that's achieved...

100%

What i think confuses the issue is that Fields has some pretty spectacular "it factor" secondary QB skills. he's one of the best running QBs ever. But it isnt putting up points, it isnt winning games without the core competency of the QB position.

So if you just watch the game on TV and see all these heroics, it might really feel like Fields has the "it" factor. But when you start taking plays apart, and seeing who was open and what decisions he made, then you start to understand why all these highlight plays arent translating into points and wins.

So as a highlight reel, he has "it factor" for days, but in terms of playing QB in a consistent, reliable and productive (points and wins) way, then yeah, he isn't even close to it.

So you keep hitting the "next" button until you have a real QB.

First pick overall QBs are 81% likely to become elite. Now who that first pick should be - thats a raging debate that's just getting started and I havent done enough work to have an opinion on that yet. I promise I will before the draft :)

29 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

so youre saying that hypothetically, you think a QB can be successful with hero-ball and not becoming a passer in tempo?

I think youre saying that the QB has to ALSO be able to throw in tempo and make reads. And I totally agree.

But what evidence do we have that Fields will grow to do that? And without that evidence, to support him, you have to believe the statement above or just think Fields will get better and do it in the future?

So to answer your three part multiple choice above:

I dont think you can keep Fields and draft a top 10 rookie and get what you want from Fields. So that option is out for me.

If the balling out we see in the next few weeks is of the throwing in tempo kind, then I suppose it would be possible to persuade me to stay with Fields, but its such a small sample, and I havent seen it yet from him, so itd be really hard to do - but if he was suddenly pocket superman, then yes.

But if the balling out is more hero ball, then no.

That's my POV anyway

Its okay not to like Fields and point out his faults, he has some but you seemed obsessed  with trying to make him look bad. If he does something good, you try to twist it into looking bad. He hits a pass down field, and your comment is,  he missed   his first read. ( or something like that). I dont think Fields has a long future with us but everything you say is in absolutes, he will never get better, he held the ball to long on that throw, he doesnt throw in rhythm .Everything you complain about he has shown he can do, the problem is his consistency.  

18 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

First pick overall QBs are 81% likely to become elite.

Source? 

According to the link below, all these guys were the “first overall pick at QB” since 1967.  Of the 20 listed not even 50% are what I would consider “elite”.  

https://www.nfl.com/photos/qbs-drafted-no-1-overall-in-modern-era-power-rankings-0ap3000000501596#e2fc2dd6-66fc-4f6a-859e-9a3f15edd565

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

you seemed obsessed  with trying to make him look bad. If he does something good, you try to twist it into looking bad. He hits a pass down field, and your comment is,  he missed   his first read. ( or something like that

you need to return your psychology degree. youre being personal AGAIN.

My problems with Fields are not related to a character flaw.

You need to stop taking my criticisms of Fields so personally. Im telling you this over and over. Youve been throwing these little asides at me for quite awhile now. If someone else on the board did that, Id take in stride, because it wasnt a pattern. Im not so thin skinned. In fact about the first 50 times you did I didnt say a word. But the thing about bullies is they get more and more empowered, and I can tell you right now, you picked the wrong one. You dont know me, but you really did.

So then i warned you, but you kept it up, so then I made a big deal out of it so others would notice. Then you played victim, and even had that whole fake thing about "if you guys need me to leave" etc. and then now were back here.

So again i tell you, cut it the f*ck out - if you need to ignore me then ignore me, but Im not your bitch, and i will shove it back up your ass. I dont know what your mental image of me in your head is, but its wrong. You would NEVER EVER say this to my face. And Im not gonna let politeness here empower you to keep trying to pee on me.

If I get removed because I refused to take your little insults, then that'll be the price I pay, but my self respect is not on the table here, and you are a total assh*le.

9 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Source? 

According to the link below, all these guys were the “first overall pick at QB” since 1967.  Of the 20 listed not even 50% are what I would consider “elite”.  

https://www.nfl.com/photos/qbs-drafted-no-1-overall-in-modern-era-power-rankings-0ap3000000501596#e2fc2dd6-66fc-4f6a-859e-9a3f15edd565

it was in a Harvard research article I cited here a couple weeks back. it was an older study, so the numbers may have changed. And it only tracked QBs taken #1.

All I can say is, if we make a smart decision, we should end up with a better QB than Fields.

EDIT - found it - here it is. doesnt make it true, just means a #1 pick aint a bad place to find a QB. Ditto top 10 picks.

https://harvardsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/drafting-an-nfl-qb/

1 minute ago, BearFan PHX said:

you need to return your psychology degree. youre being personal AGAIN.

My problems with Fields are not related to a character flaw.

You need to stop taking my criticisms of Fields so personally. Im telling you this over and over. Youve been throwing these little asides at me for quite awhile now. If someone else on the board did that, Id take in stride, because it wasnt a pattern. Im not so thin skinned. In fact about the first 50 times you did I didnt say a word. But the thing about bullies is they get more and more empowered, and I can tell you right now, you picked the wrong one. You dont know me, but you really did.

So then i warned you, but you kept it up, so then I made a big deal out of it so others would notice. Then you played victim, and even had that whole fake thing about "if you guys need me to leave" etc. and then now were back here.

So again i tell you, cut it the f*ck out - if you need to ignore me then ignore me, but Im not your bitch, and i will shove it back up your ass. I dont know what your mental image of me in your head is, but its wrong. You would NEVER EVER say this to my face. And Im not gonna let politeness here empower you to keep trying to pee on me.

If I get removed because I refused to take your little insults, then that'll be the price I pay, but my self respect is not on the table here, and you are a total assh*le.

That is not a personal attack, just look at anything you comment on, you go out of your way to try to make him look bad. 

22 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

That is not a personal attack, just look at anything you comment on, you go out of your way to try to make him look bad. 

just shut up. Im done trying to say what I need to say without personally attacking you, since you cant hold back, I wont either.

Youre a moron. You dont understand statistics, you whine like a baby when people criticize your girlfriend Fields. Your arguments are always full of logical holes.

There are good arguments that can be made about Fields, you are just incapable of making them. Read others on this board who actually do a much better job of it.

Youre a fan boy with a Fields #1 nightshirt. And you are that impotent little combination of bully wanna be and victim bitch. I couldnt respect you less. If you came at me, lets say at a bar, the hundreds of times youve come at me here with these same personal attacks and snide little asides, I'd pound you into hamburger. And youd know it by the look in my eye the first time you tried it little girl.

Eat a bag of dicks and leave my name and words out of your little Fields sucking mouth. It's over.

You either shut up, or Ill escalate this until either you or i (or both) get thrown off of this board. Capiche?

All you gotta do is shut your f*cking little girl mouth.

19 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Because I’m curious, of the current NFL rosters who do you consider “elite”?  And are all “10” still playing?  

Yes, current.  Fields is barely better than Trubisky, who you roundly bounced.  Eye test, stats and wins say, they are one in the same.  You can argue eye test all you want.  The rest is etched...

Adam had a list of the best QBs in the league here a couple weeks back, and three quarters of them were top 10 picks.

Every draft pick is a gamble, but you stand a much better chance of finding greatness in the top part of the first round of course. It's self evident. There are misses and hidden gems, but statistically, talent does stack up round by round.

39 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

again with the personal nasty and fighty BS. please grow up and stop taking this all so personally. I warned you before and Im warning you again, Im not gonna just sit here for this, so stop now before it blows up again. Got it? Dont speak to me that way.

Im not lying, Im not deceiiving, Im not "trying" to do anything but talk about sports on this board. I dont like Justin and want to trade him, thats not an attack on you.

You try to make a case on something that isnt true  and that's being personal? you have no problem pointing things out  and making worse comments . If NICE TRY is threating  and personal to you , i am at a loss for words. 

You try to make a case on something that isnt true  and that's being personal? you have no problem pointing things out  and making worse comments . If NICE TRY is threating  and personal to you , i am at a loss for words. 

SHUT YOUR LITTLE GIRL MOUTH and stop speaking to me. NOW. I dont give a sh*t anymore what you think. You know what you say and how you try to sneak it in like a little bitch.

Im the WRONG guy pussy.

Go take it up with someone else. Dont speak to me.

I am not emotional or angry. I am telling you get the f*ck out of my boundaries. You're too close, and I can smell the cum on your breath and it's disgusting.

Like I said, shut up, or this escalates until one or both of us is banned, and its just gonna make it suck for everyone else. No one wants to hear it from either of us. So SHUT THE F*CK UP.

21 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

just shut up. Im done trying to say what I need to say without personally attacking you, since you cant hold back, I wont either.

Youre a moron. You dont understand statistics, you whine like a baby when people criticize your girlfriend Fields. Your arguments are always full of logical holes.

There are good arguments that can be made about Fields, you are just incapable of making them. Read others on this board who actually do a much better job of it.

Youre a fan boy with a Fields #1 nightshirt. And you are that impotent little combination of bully wanna be and victim bitch. I couldnt respect you less. If you came at me, lets say at a bar, the hundreds of times youve come at me here with these same personal attacks and snide little asides, I'd pound you into hamburger. And youd know it by the look in my eye the first time you tried it little girl.

Eat a bag of dicks and leave my name and words out of your little Fields sucking mouth. It's over.

You either shut up, or Ill escalate this until either you or i (or both) get thrown off of this board. Capiche?

All you gotta do is shut your f*cking little girl mouth.

Nice try is not a personal comment, but this is, you are psycho . 

SHUT YOUR LITTLE GIRL MOUTH and stop speaking to me. NOW. I dont give a sh*t anymore what you think. You know what you say and how you try to sneak it in like a little bitch.

Im the WRONG guy pussy.

Your the big scary boogie man  that flips out or stupid shit. The more you press that your mr innocent the more I am going to rattle your cage. So actually do something you say once and just stop .

Nice try is not a personal comment, but this is, you are psycho . 

Oh its personal as hell.

Youre too dumb to even know. I said I wasnt gonna hold back anymore.

You wanna continue this you little Thai sex vacation assh*le? Cant get laid without going to another country to pay for it?

best you shut up.

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

the more I am going to rattle your cage.

do it. f*cking do it. I know EXACTLY who you are you little thai hooker molester.

I was looking at my messages the other day, and saw one from 2020 talking to someone about what an asshole youve been making personal comments. Three years? More?

You got the wrong guy. You really do. Im not gonna back off one inch from you. Luckily your dick is so short I wont be anywhere near it.

All this because you wanna keep saying your stupid little shit? You cant just stop? You need it? Do you love me? Do I remind you of your daddy?

Im just getting started - this can get REALLY unpleasant for everyone here. OR you could shut up. Your choice. Anything that happens from here is on you - all you gotta do is shut up and quit speaking to me and about me.

7 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

That is exactly the point Im making, mentioning spending winters in Thailand has nothing to do with this conversation but your  brain is spinning out of control . The fact you actually think your bullshit bothers me is funny.

were they underage too you little creep?

See? you keep it going. You like this. Youve been a passive agressive little bully wanna be for years, and now everyone can see it. All you need to do is stop - but you dont, you like this.

Its over little girl. Im not taking it anymore. shut up, or explain to everyone here why you need to create this drama you f*cking little impotent molester.

No man here would take this from you. They just didnt notice it for years - you snuck it in, and people read over it. But now it's out in the open. And I am no ones bitch.

You can hijack this whole board with your childish nonsense, or you can stop. They can see youre not stopping. This is gonna turn around on you real quick in a minute, cuz theyre gonna be sick of reading me talk back.

Thai child molester. Disgusting piece of shit.

were they underage too you little creep?

See? you keep it going. You like this. Youve been a passive agressive little bully wanna be for years, and now everyone can see it. All you need to do is stop - but you dont you like this.

Its over little girl. Im not taking it anymore. shut up, or expaexplainlinj to everyone here why you need to create this drama you f*cking little impotent molester.

I have a girlfriend in Thailand that just turned 43. Nice try

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I have a girlfriend in Thailand that just turned 43. Nice try

does she know about the little boys?

so lets see, youre in your 70s and you travel to thailand to f*ck a girl who is thirty years younger than you, and lives in a poor country. Im SURE shed be TOTALLY into you if she lived here and had a good job. No doubt. I mean youre so manly and stuff.

Imagine how she must feel when youre with her. You probably repulse her. Poor thing.

14 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Adam had a list of the best QBs in the league here a couple weeks back, and three quarters of them were top 10 picks.

Every draft pick is a gamble, but you stand a much better chance of finding greatness in the top part of the first round of course. It's self evident. There are misses and hidden gems, but statistically, talent does stack up round by round.

Out of all the QBs that make it, it would be nice to see what the team structure is. From GM, HC, how well the oline and weapons.

Here is a look at Houston, who we can hope to see their results w a new HC. 8-6 record.

Stroud has been an outlier, the GM, Caserio, was hired in 2021, is a Patriot product. First time HC Demarco Ryan's is a product of SF learned from Shanahan.  The oline  LT Tunsil 1st, LG Scruggs 2nd, C Dieter 3rd, RG  Mason 4th, and RT Fant udfa.  WR Collins 3rd (1000 yds)  WR Brown 7th (500yds) WR Woods 2nd (300 yds) Metchie, Dell and Hutchinson are young guys with nice potential.  Schultz TE 4th (500 yds).  Singletary  and Pierce RB. 

This would be our hope with drafting a rookie QB.  We need a better C and hate to say it but a LT that doesn't get lose ground on bull rushes.  A bigger WR 2 too.