Cole Kmet

adam

It's funny how much crap this guy takes because he is not Kelce or Kittle in their prime. Sure he is probably not a true top 5 TE, but he is constantly in the top 10 in most categories, yet it seems like people treat him like a dud.

Here is where Kmet is at after 4 weeks for TEs:

• 5th in receptions
  • 5th in yards
  • T-2nd TDs
  • T-2nd 1st Downs 

Since the start of 2021, Kmet is 11th in receptions, 10th in yards, T-9th in TDs, and 12th in 1st Downs.  

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

He's a good player as an inline TE.  Seem and sit routes are his breast and bitter.  I'd love to get Brock Bowers as the guy with the wiggle.  I believe he's going to be the next Kelce, but more athletic.

Agree with that. How would this offense look wit 12 set of Kmet, Bowers , DJ and Mooney . I'll live with that.

3 hours ago, adam said:

It's funny how much crap this guy takes because he is not Kelce or Kittle in their prime. Sure he is probably not a true top 5 TE, but he is constantly in the top 10 in most categories, yet it seems like people treat him like a dud.

Here is where Kmet is at after 4 weeks for TEs:

• 5th in receptions
  • 5th in yards
  • T-2nd TDs
  • T-2nd 1st Downs 

Since the start of 2021, Kmet is 11th in receptions, 10th in yards, T-9th in TDs, and 12th in 1st Downs.  

Thoughts?

And with lousy QB play. I don't think he is top 3, probably not top 5, but he is top 7 and he is a quality TE.  What would be great is to pair him with another really good TE plus some good weapons on outside and quality line. If you do that - than I think this is a pretty good spot for any QB to develop.  

The problem with TEs is they arent WRs. You see the rare guy like Gronk or Kelce, and it makes you think that's what a TE should look like, and it's true, I'd take a TE room full of those guys. But mostly they don't exist. Top 5 but non-hall-of-fame TEs look like Kmet. They can block, and they can run seams and sits like MONGO says.

To KILLAs point, they look tight, and not too fluid, because they are carrying so much meat around. That's a TE!

So yeah, when you compare Kmet to Gronk and Kelce, he looks terrible. But comparing QBs to Brady and Manning is also an exercise in futility. Here in the real world, Kmet is actually a pretty good guy to have on the roster at TE. And yeah, he runs like a weight lifter!

That said, I dont like him on QB sneaks. lol