Week 16 Official Game Thread - Cards at Bears (Tankathon Bowl), DEC 24th, 3:25pm, FOX, CHI -4.5, O/U 44.5

adam

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Its 21-7, why am I not excited about this?

We have seen this movie before. The Bears have done this almost all year, and lost 3 games that shouldn't have. One TD and Arizona is back in this. They get the ball first. Defense needs a stop and offense needs to immediately respond with pts. 

3 minutes ago, adam said:

It is crazy how this defense can go from dominant to swiss cheese. How can RB screens always gash the Bears?

It’s a good question.  With non-mobile QBs it’s key to keep the rush on and slowly chip away at their confidence of pocket protection. Like we saw with Goff and Flacco (and all their sacks and TOs).  But with a player like Murray it’s more of keeping him hemmed in and forcing him to focus on the middle of the field.

And they have a semi-effective offensive coordinator who knows how to make adjustments.??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, adam said:

OK offense, defense allows a FG, up by two scores, last two offensive drives were terrible, and that was the first points allowed in the 3rd quarter in several games. Offense needs to step up. 

Right, and we are past the scripted plays where you can drill the reads all week too. So now we see who we are. Not that the Cardinals are so good on defense anyway...

2 minutes ago, adam said:

3 straight terrible drives by the offense. The team is so inconsistent from drive to drive. Penalties are killing the offense, calling not getting called on Cardinals at all. 

mostly inconsistent because they are good on the first drive or two in every game - the scripted plays. other than that, it's generally awful, .interspersed with amazing highlight hero ball plays and no read plays like rollouts and screens with pre-programmed reads.

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

mostly inconsistent because they are good on the first drive or two in every game - the scripted plays. other than that, it's generally awful, .interspersed with amazing highlight hero ball plays.

Unfortunately, the only thing consistent about the offense is inconsistency. It has been this way for awhile now. Getsy has to go, regardless what they do with Fields. 

5 minutes ago, adam said:

Unfortunately, the only thing consistent about the offense is inconsistency.

I dunno, i think Fields usually does well freelancing, and poorly in rhythm. Getsy calls screens that don't work. Good performance in the first drive and a half, bad after that.

That is all incredibly consistent week to week. I think it's really easy to measure honestly. It is always the same.

I understood your use of the word inconsistent meant making first downs, so Im not disagreeing, I just thought it should be said that in fact, they are incredibly consistent.

you see on that 3rd down an unsound trick defense that predicted Fields perfectly. Ill wait for the all 22 to be sure, but there had to be someone open on that play, because it wasnt a sound defense, but they knew exactly what Fields would do, and not be able to do.

The league has a book on Fields now. It's over.