First half impressions

azbearsfan

Its nice that we are winning, here are my thoughts.

1. Defense has shown up big time tonight. Good coaching and good blitz calls so far. Take away Peterson and make that moron quarterback try to beat us. Good to see Vasher. When our d-coordinator sets them up with good pressure our big cornerbacks are awesome. They come downhill and make big hits and are great at bad balls. Problem comes when the cood leaves them on an island cause they are not the small, fast types.

Also stupid penalties on Tillman and Briggs give up the 6 points.

2. Its a broken record but the line still is bad. Penalties again. I've watched Kruetz especially and my complaints remain the same. The Garza penalty was on Kruetz for snapping the ball late (he gave a "my bad" in the next huddle) and his snaps have been low (one off Orton's ankle). Plus on the screen he whiffed the tackler and on the pitch didn't hit a soul. I again state he is average at best. The right side of the line is bad (Garza and Miller). The left side has been average. The run game has been bad again. We can't drive anybody out.

3. Hester broke a cardinal rule by fielding the ball inside the 10 and it nearly cost us. But that little 6 yard gain was exciting. Bradley's catch and run was nice too. I dont think we need to give Beriian big dollars as those two can probably make it up.

4. Orton hasn't been good or bad. He steps up in the pocket nicely, but some passes are not very accurate. He ran tough on those sneaks, so hopefully he keeps it up. Needs to use Olsen and Clark more.

5. Coverage teams have been on point. Nice job to them.

6. How is Kennedy doing? Anybody have a feel for it?