Bill Parcells to Return?

AtHomeBoy_2000

He does have a decent eye for football type personnel, so I guess it would make sense to put him in the Marv Levy role with the Falcons. The thing you'd have to worry about is that it could make whatever coach they hire spend half his time looking over his shoulder in case Parcells would try to be Riley to that coach's Van Gundy. That might hurt their coaching search.

He does have a decent eye for football type personnel, so I guess it would make sense to put him in the Marv Levy role with the Falcons. The thing you'd have to worry about is that it could make whatever coach they hire spend half his time looking over his shoulder in case Parcells would try to be Riley to that coach's Van Gundy. That might hurt their coaching search.

Parcells will bring in his guy and somebody that he has worked with for a while.

he just turned down the Falcons offer and is now considering a revised offer by the Dolphins

I never liked him...screwed the Falcons over hard with this one. The poor Falcons are screwed...first Vick, then Petrino, and now Parcells...I wouldn't be surprised if the other owners voted them into the CFL!

I never liked him...screwed the Falcons over hard with this one. The poor Falcons are screwed...first Vick, then Petrino, and now Parcells...I wouldn't be surprised if the other owners voted them into the CFL!

IMO, missing out on Parcells is better than getting him. He's not Jesus. If the Falcons picked him up for any position, they might be tempted to try to "Win now" again while Parcells is around, and that'll just destroy them. They need to commit to rebuild from the ground up on that team, and it starts with bringing in a fresh, new system and new set of faces and letting them all grow together for a couple years.

There's always that legend of the super-coach who's just going to fix everything, and for the most part in the NFL it just doesn't happen. You fix everything by getting a decent coach who's actually going to stick with it through a rebuildling process, and sticking with him for a while unless he turns out to be a complete dope.

IMO, missing out on Parcells is better than getting him. He's not Jesus. If the Falcons picked him up for any position, they might be tempted to try to "Win now" again while Parcells is around, and that'll just destroy them. They need to commit to rebuild from the ground up on that team, and it starts with bringing in a fresh, new system and new set of faces and letting them all grow together for a couple years.

There's always that legend of the super-coach who's just going to fix everything, and for the most part in the NFL it just doesn't happen. You fix everything by getting a decent coach who's actually going to stick with it through a rebuildling process, and sticking with him for a while unless he turns out to be a complete dope.

Parcells was going to be brought in as VP, not coach. He was, presumably, going to be evaluting talent. To me it seems like that would have helped rebuilding, not hindered it.

Coachs seem to have zero responsibility to honoring their agreements/ contracts these days, but with teams firing guys at the drop of a hat some times, I can't say I blame them.

He didnt screw the Falcons. He never accepted the job, it was just reported that they were close to a deal. I wouldnt want to deal with that disaster in Atlanta when you can go to Miami either. With his eye for defensive talent he will more than likely have that defense back to where it was in the late 90s early 00s after a couple of drafts. Knowing Parcells he is more than likely going to be content with Trent Green going into next season as the starter.

I think this is a good hire by the Dolphins. Their entire organization (not just the team) is disorganized & a generally sloppy mess. Parcells has been known for his discipline & organization skills through-out his career, and this is just what the proverbial dotor ordered for Miami.

He is a good evaluator of talent, and much like his protege Bill Belicheck, he has a knack for both finding, and developing, players & assistants with sharp minds & strong work ethics.

I think he will hire his own GM/player personnel boss, consult with that guy to hire their coach, and draft players that fit the profile I mentioned above. 2-3 years of that, and Miami can be a legitimate playoff contender again.