Bears on Hard Knocks

BearFan PHX

Well it's official! The Bears will be featured on Hard Knocks this year. I'm excited to see it - it's the perfect year for it.

I hate to tell you this too, but Phil at TTNL said their internal Halas Hall source told them this and they reported it two days ago, before it was officially announced, so they do seem to have some source or sources inside Halas Hall that are privvy to inside info.

But whatever the case, this is gonna be really fun to watch.

31 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Well it's official! The Bears will be featured on Hard Knocks this year. I'm excited to see it - it's the perfect year for it.

I hate to tell you this too, but Phil at TTNL said their internal Halas Hall source told them this and they reported it two days ago, before it was officially announced, so they do seem to have some source or sources inside Halas Hall that are privvy to inside info.

I've only watched one show and that one was a couple of days ago, I didnt hear it that day. (keeping it 100) Which episode is it? The Phil guy was to annoying  for me to sub. to the show, so if it was on there, I wont have seen it. If he announced it a few days ago, he may have an inside connection but I have yet to see it and I have been trying to find it.

30 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Very cool, more Bears content is always good. The team already video tapes a bunch of stuff so I don't know how much different it will be for the players. 

On Phil, that is cool.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I've only watched one show and that one was a couple of days ago, I didnt hear it that day. (keeping it 100) Which episode is it? The Phil guy was to annoying  for me to sub. to the show, so if it was on there, I wont have seen it. If he announced it a few days ago, he may have an inside connection but I have yet to see it and I have been trying to find it.

Yeah he really is annoying, I totally agree. It's the tape breakdowns that make it worth it, the Keepin it 100 show is more for like online fighting and stuff like that.

For example, he just posted film analysis on the OT we picked up from the Canadian league - I havent seen it yet, but I love that Poles is looking everywhere for talent, and Im sure Phil did a great job breaking down the film - I think hes best on linemen (both sides) and QBs.

3 hours ago, adam said:

Very cool, more Bears content is always good. The team already video tapes a bunch of stuff so I don't know how much different it will be for the players.

I cant wait to see it!

Ill bet it will cause debates here on the board as we over-disect body language and stuff like that.

11 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

I’ll watch it but the Bears were dead set against this for a reason.  It will not help this team’s development.  I just hope it doesn’t hinder it.  

it's definitely a risk, the Bears will want to control information, and Hard Knocks shows a lot, but it will be really great for us fans to get a bead on whats going on with our team too.

The Bears do not need this distraction. Sure, I want to see everything I can about the Bears. But I don't want to do so at the expense of their development. This was expected, so it didn't need inside sources to predict. The Bears have been targeted for several years and the league finally said enough, you're time is now.

I also can't see subscribing to HBO. The NFL is raping the fans. Netflix, Peacock, Prime, NFL+, and it never ends.

8 minutes ago, Pixote said:

This was expected, so it didn't need inside sources to predict.

This idea that its all a big scam would make sense if they made it a headline and advertised it - but it's hard to have clickbait when you dont BAIT.

He has been right on other insider info before too. Could it be that he actually has sources? Is that possible?

There are already soooo many cameras on these guys nowadays. This is totally different than a decade ago. The Bears already do their own form of this with 1920 Football Drive. So I don't think this will be a big deal. 

Also, I have to imagine guys are going to want to give it their all, all the time knowing if they are loafing, that is going to be plastered all over national tv weekly. So I have to imagine guys are going to go extra hard knowing they are on tape.

Can you imagine Eddie Jackson's comments about not worrying about tackling in a Hard Knocks episode? That would be it's own storyline for the entire season. 

I think they are going to focus on the following storylines:

1. Caleb
2. The WR Room race to 1K
3. The Secondary and their vibe
4. The Crocodile Punter
5. Flus' new flow
6. Where is Nate Davis today?
7. Bagent's Dad arm wrestling staff members
8. Velus Jones HoF resurgence as a KR

1 hour ago, adam said:

There are already soooo many cameras on these guys nowadays. This is totally different than a decade ago. The Bears already do their own form of this with 1920 Football Drive. So I don't think this will be a big deal. 

Also, I have to imagine guys are going to want to give it their all, all the time knowing if they are loafing, that is going to be plastered all over national tv weekly. So I have to imagine guys are going to go extra hard knowing they are on tape.

Can you imagine Eddie Jackson's comments about not worrying about tackling in a Hard Knocks episode? That would be it's own storyline for the entire season. 

I think they are going to focus on the following storylines:

1. Caleb
2. The WR Room race to 1K
3. The Secondary and their vibe
4. The Crocodile Punter
5. Flus' new flow
6. Where is Nate Davis today?
7. Bagent's Dad arm wrestling staff members
8. Velus Jones HoF resurgence as a KR

Okay, I can see your point. It isn't that much different from the Bears' version, except for the cost.

If it were free to view, cool, but to subscribe to a service just for this short serial, I'm not sure I can afford such a luxury.

It's a bitch when you live on a small SS check with no other support.

But alas, the price one pays for being self-employed in order to raise 5 kids as a single parent.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

CW looks a lot better when none of the starting DBs are playing. At least he wont face them in the regular season.

He did throw a nice ball to Odunze, who beat Stevenson (a starter).  I don't think anyone expected him to walk in and carve up a starting D day one, he has to experience the higher level to learn and adjust.  They should be full squad this week with mandatory ota'a starting.

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

He did throw a nice ball to Odunze, who beat Stevenson (a starter).  I don't think anyone expected him to walk in and carve up a starting D day one, he has to experience the higher level to learn and adjust.  They should be full squad this week with mandatory ota'a starting.

I would prefer that Caleb make a ton of 'tight window' mistakes early in camp.  He must learn, very early, what two foot window is and is not open.  Every college QB to ever come out has struggled in camp with the speed, instincts and professional spacing of NFL defenders.

54 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I would prefer that Caleb make a ton of 'tight window' mistakes early in camp.  He must learn, very early, what two foot window is and is not open.  Every college QB to ever come out has struggled in camp with the speed, instincts and professional spacing of NFL defenders.

All we read or watch now is the offense learning/Installing a new system with a rookie QB. They will be slow and behind a defense that has been under the same system for a couple years now. Like you said, if Caleb can show he can make the right calls, be quick with his reads and place the ball in his windows, he will be fine. The nice thing about having a good veteran defense is they will help make him better and they have told us that is what they are doing. 

4 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

exactly! I think this is what Caleb is gonna have to learn too. He's gonna learn just how small the NFL window is, and then how small is too small. It's great that we have defensive backs that can give him those looks in practice too. But I think you're 100% on exactly what the transition to the NFL is most about - speed and windows.

23 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

At the end of the day when the real competition starts this will all be good for Caleb.  When he had is first rough day throwing lots of picks in 7 on 7.  It was all over social media about how he got benched for Tyson, and the comments full of so called fans calling him a bust and patting themselves on the back for calling it.  Sorry but if you're a fan you want your team to succeed, not rooting for opportunities to say "I told you so".  People love to feed into the narrative of the Bears past issues with finding a franchise QB.  I find it sad that so many out there are just hoping he fails, whether it be they wanted to keep Fields, are just haters of the Bears, or Caleb, or whatever.  This was in May, it's now the first week of June.  We're not even at training camp yet let alone week 1.  He's going to have his ups and downs and a learning curve.   I'd rather him take his lumps now and learn from them in prep for the upcoming season.   Part of what makes this situation so ideal for a 1st overall QB selection beyond the weapons around him on offense, but he also gets to practice against one of the better D's in the league and a very talented secondary.  I'd rather he go up against some the best in the league week in and week out in practice if it makes game day that much easier and makes him that much more prepared.  

As for Hard Knocks I'd rather it not be a potential distraction, but, in reality Hard Knocks isn't what it used to be, and neither are players in today's league.  They all used to cameras, being filmed, etc.  Caleb is no stranger to media attention as it was clear most of his college career that he'd likely be a high 1st round pick whenever he came out, if not the top QB prospect in the draft he'd be in.    With or without Hard Knocks it'd be naive to think the Bears wouldn't be in the media coverage more heavily this season because of this past offseason and draft including Williams, Odunze, etc.  The added spotlight this Bears team will have surrounding it this season is something they'll have to learn to deal with it and handle it.  Hard Knocks is only part of that added spotlight.  The other aspect about it is the Bears have editorial control over what makes it on air.  

5 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

At the end of the day when the real competition starts this will all be good for Caleb.  When he had is first rough day throwing lots of picks in 7 on 7.  It was all over social media about how he got benched for Tyson, and the comments full of so called fans calling him a bust and patting themselves on the back for calling it.  Sorry but if you're a fan you want your team to succeed, not rooting for opportunities to say "I told you so".  People love to feed into the narrative of the Bears past issues with finding a franchise QB.  I find it sad that so many out there are just hoping he fails, whether it be they wanted to keep Fields, are just haters of the Bears, or Caleb, or whatever.  This was in May, it's now the first week of June.  We're not even at training camp yet let alone week 1.  He's going to have his ups and downs and a learning curve.   I'd rather him take his lumps now and learn from them in prep for the upcoming season.   Part of what makes this situation so ideal for a 1st overall QB selection beyond the weapons around him on offense, but he also gets to practice against one of the better D's in the league and a very talented secondary.  I'd rather he go up against some the best in the league week in and week out in practice if it makes game day that much easier and makes him that much more prepared.  

As for Hard Knocks I'd rather it not be a potential distraction, but, in reality Hard Knocks isn't what it used to be, and neither are players in today's league.  They all used to cameras, being filmed, etc.  Caleb is no stranger to media attention as it was clear most of his college career that he'd likely be a high 1st round pick whenever he came out, if not the top QB prospect in the draft he'd be in.    With or without Hard Knocks it'd be naive to think the Bears wouldn't be in the media coverage more heavily this season because of this past offseason and draft including Williams, Odunze, etc.  The added spotlight this Bears team will have surrounding it this season is something they'll have to learn to deal with it and handle it.  Hard Knocks is only part of that added spotlight.  The other aspect about it is the Bears have editorial control over what makes it on air.  

so true. no rookie QB is ready to win a superbowl on day one. They all have to learn. So seeing Caleb struggle is right on time. The alternative is having a crap defense, and Caleb cant really learn until hes in games. This is much better.

And youre right, the superstition that other Bears teams with other GMs and coaches failures with other quarterbacks predicts anything about this situation immediately disqualifies anyone who is saying that.