Rookie Passing Leaders

adam

There have only been 5 rookie QBs to throw for more than 4K yards, 3 are active, 2 starters. For TDs, surprisingly, only Herbert has thrown for more than 28. For QB Rating, there have only been 4 QBs to end the season over 100. So to have a top 5 rookie season ever, Williams would have to throw for 4,043 yards, 25 TDs, with a QB Rating of 98.4 and a Comp% of 66.5%, for each category. I feel like he has the potential to achieve all of those, especially with 17 games.

I was surprised to see Mac Jones on there for yards and Comp%. 

Top Passing Yards (over 3800)
1. Luck - 4374
2. Herbert - 4336
3. Stroud - 4108
4. Newton - 4051
5. Winston - 4042
6. M. Jones - 3801

Top 5 TDs (over 24)
1. Herbert - 31
2. Mayfield - 27
3. Manning - 26
4. Wilson - 26
5. D. Jones - 24

Comp % (over 65)
1. Prescott - 67.8
2. M. Jones - 67.6
3. Mills - 66.8
4. Herbert - 66.6
5. Roethlisberger - 66.4
6. Griffin III - 65.6
7. Burrow - 65.3

QB Rating
1. Prescott - 104.9
2. Griffin III - 102.4
3. Stroud - 100.8
4. Wilson - 100.0

- Italics for players in more than one category

great info!

I dunno if Caleb will hit the ground running or have some setbacks, which could affect his ranking here, but the fact that it even seems reasonable that he could have a top 5 rookie season ever is a great sign as to how we feel about him, and the roster around him.

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

great info!

I dunno if Caleb will hit the ground running or have some setbacks, which could affect his ranking here, but the fact that it even seems reasonable that he could have a top 5 rookie season ever is a great sign as to how we feel about him, and the roster around him.

The extra game is huge. For Caleb to hit 4,043, he would only have to average 238 yards per game. In a 16 game season, that would only be 3,804 yards. So he could technically break the franchise mark for yards, but still have a per game average lower than Kramer's mark for a full season since Kramer averaged 240. I feel like there are too many weapons for him not to hit 250 per game. 

3 hours ago, adam said:

The extra game is huge. For Caleb to hit 4,043, he would only have to average 238 yards per game. In a 16 game season, that would only be 3,804 yards. So he could technically break the franchise mark for yards, but still have a per game average lower than Kramer's mark for a full season since Kramer averaged 240. I feel like there are too many weapons for him not to hit 250 per game. 

good point re: the extra game

On 6/18/2024 at 7:16 AM, adam said:

If he doesn’t hit 250 a game, it’s a huge problem.

3 hours ago, jason said:

If he doesn’t hit 250 a game, it’s a huge problem.

For us to hit high marks on offense we need to have 65 offensive plays a game. If we have a good D that will give us those oppurtunities. Last year we had 534 rushing atts and 513 in pass atts with an inconsistant offense. We only need 4 more pass atts a game to reach 600 and more efficency will get us 4200 pass yards at least.