Rookie Receiving Records

adam

Odunze looks even better than advertised. If not for Caleb, Rome would be the talk of the town. Recently, he talked about breaking Puca's rookie receiving records and talked about how they played together at Washington.  That is a great personal goal, but with Moore, Allen, Kmet, Everett, and Swift also looking to eat, I don't think Odunze will break the records, but I still think he will have a better season than most are projecting.

There are 28 rookies who broke 1K yards, I think Odunze will do that.

There are only 3 players to break 100 catches, Nacua, Waddle, and Boldin. What is interesting to me is there are no other players over 92 receptions, as Michael Thomas comes in 4th at 92.  Rashee Rice had 79 for 14th and Zay Flowers had 77 for 15th. I think Rome is better than both of them. So I could see him getting 85-1050, or something like that. 

Other recent rookies:

Olave - 72-1042
Wilson - 83-1103
Waddle - 104-1015

To hit 85 catches, all he would have to do is catch 5 balls a game. I don't think that is unrealistic. Moore and Allen are going to draw a lot of attention leaving Odunze on either CB2 or CB3 every game. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2024 at 7:25 AM, adam said:

Odunze looks even better than advertised. If not for Caleb, Rome would be the talk of the town. Recently, he talked about breaking Puca's rookie receiving records and talked about how they played together at Washington.  That is a great personal goal, but with Moore, Allen, Kmet, Everett, and Swift also looking to eat, I don't think Odunze will break the records, but I still think he will have a better season than most are projecting.

There are 28 rookies who broke 1K yards, I think Odunze will do that.

There are only 3 players to break 100 catches, Nacua, Waddle, and Boldin. What is interesting to me is there are no other players over 92 receptions, as Michael Thomas comes in 4th at 92.  Rashee Rice had 79 for 14th and Zay Flowers had 77 for 15th. I think Rome is better than both of them. So I could see him getting 85-1050, or something like that. 

Other recent rookies:

Olave - 72-1042
Wilson - 83-1103
Waddle - 104-1015

To hit 85 catches, all he would have to do is catch 5 balls a game. I don't think that is unrealistic. Moore and Allen are going to draw a lot of attention leaving Odunze on either CB2 or CB3 every game. 

With a 2 TE set being a staple of Waldron's offense Odunze will be hard pressed to hit those marks especially with Moore and Allen also seeking targets.

7 hours ago, lemonej said:

With a 2 TE set being a staple of Waldron's offense Odunze will be hard pressed to hit those marks especially with Moore and Allen also seeking targets.

I agree. I think Caleb hits high marks, and with so much talent around him, the ball gets spread around, so we might not be able to judge the dominance of our receivers and tight ends on stats alone, but also how they get each other open.