I'll start the madness.......

sulster

I also thought the shot about being a sox fan was unwarranted(and uninformed) in this conversation.

Yeah, without a doubt. Especially given the origins of this website, bashing people for being Sox fans isn't the smartest move (hell, there are probably a lot more Sox fans than Cub fans here anyway...)

they have an option on him after 08... at least according to rotoworld.

You have a link for that?

All I could find on Rotoworld about McNabb's future was this:

An unnamed team reportedly inquired about Donovan McNabb before the trade deadline and was told it would take three first-round picks to acquire him.

We're just speculating, but Chicago and Minnesota seem like two of the most likely suitors. While the pricetag was predictably sky-high during the season, it's quite possible the Eagles will lower their demands in the offseason. The likelihood of McNabb moving on are increasing.

BTW - It's common courtesy to provide a link when quoting something is linkable and in dispute.

BTW - It's common courtesy to provide a link when quoting something is linkable and in dispute.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpag...=NFL&id=704

9/13/2002: Signed a 14-year, $115 million contract extension through 2013. 2007: $5.5 million, 2008: $6.3 million, 2009: $9.2 million (club option), 2010: $10 million, 2011: $12.07 million, 2012: $14.14 million, 2013: $16.21 million, 2014: Free Agent

You have a link for that?

All I could find on Rotoworld about McNabb's future was this:

I didn't feal it was neccessary to post a link, but Felix did it for me... thank you.

Yeah, without a doubt. Especially given the origins of this website, bashing people for being Sox fans isn't the smartest move (hell, there are probably a lot more Sox fans than Cub fans here anyway...)

I think everyone should remember that the origins of this site derives from TWO sites and one of them was almost exclusively Bears oriented.

Personally, I could care less about what baseball team a person roots for. Although, I DO think that folks that are Baseball fans first and Bears fans second have a tendency to come up with more unlikely trade scenarios primarily because they don't immediately understand the financial differences between the sports. Trades are extremely uncommon in the NFL when compared to the other major sports primarily due to salary cap implications. A blockbuster trade for a top name QB is highly uncommon. The last two I can think of are Culpepper and Bledsoe and that covers the past 6ish years. So while McNabb might get traded, the question of what it will cost in draft picks is questionable. Bledsoe went for 2 #1s and Culpepper for a single 2nd round pick. What will McNabb net if he's traded? No one can say for sure. It'll probably depend most on how many teams are interested. For context, here's a list of teams with over $10 million in cap space in 2008 that could be interested in McNabb: Minn, Chi, KC, Miami, NYJ, SF, Buf, and Jax.

Not meaning to insult anyone, but it will take some time for everyone to get used to posting together. AND I must add that if I post in a baseball section without suffucient knowledge of how the sport works, feel free to skewer me appropriately because I would deserve it.

Thanks. The only thing I can think it means is that the Eagles have placed an option bonus into his 2009 contract. If that is indeed the case, then after the 2008 season, the Eagles would have the simple choice of either paying the bonus or releasing him with ZERO compensation. The only other POSSIBLE option at that point would be to get McNabb to delay the payment until he can be traded. Of course then, they have almost no leverage in trade talks and would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him. Otherwise teams would just sit back and wait for his release.

So, if the Eagles are planning to trade him and get much in return, then this is the year to do it - while he's also a year younger.

I think everyone should remember that the origins of this site derives from TWO sites and one of them was almost exclusively Bears oriented.

Sorry, yeah, that's very true. I mainly said the one site because of the URL, but you're definitely right, my mistake. It's nice having the new blood around here too, and new posts every day.

Personally, I could care less about what baseball team a person roots for. Although, I DO think that folks that are Baseball fans first and Bears fans second have a tendency to come up with more unlikely trade scenarios primarily because they don't immediately understand the financial differences between the sports. Trades are extremely uncommon in the NFL when compared to the other major sports primarily due to salary cap implications. A blockbuster trade for a top name QB is highly uncommon. The last two I can think of are Culpepper and Bledsoe and that covers the past 6ish years. So while McNabb might get traded, the question of what it will cost in draft picks is questionable. Bledsoe went for 2 #1s and Culpepper for a single 2nd round pick. What will McNabb net if he's traded? No one can say for sure. It'll probably depend most on how many teams are interested. For context, here's a list of teams with over $10 million in cap space in 2008 that could be interested in McNabb: Minn, Chi, KC, Miami, NYJ, SF, Buf, and Jax.

Not meaning to insult anyone, but it will take some time for everyone to get used to posting together. AND I must add that if I post in a baseball section without suffucient knowledge of how the sport works, feel free to skewer me appropriately because I would deserve it.

Bledsoe was traded for 1 #1 pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore makes a play for McNabb, if he becomes available. They may be losing some contracts. And Miami, SF, Buffalo, and Jacksonville seem VERY unlikely, for different reasons.

Bledsoe was traded for 1 #1 pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore makes a play for McNabb, if he becomes available. They may be losing some contracts. And Miami, SF, Buffalo, and Jacksonville seem VERY unlikely, for different reasons.

You are absolutely correct. I misremembered that one. Nice catch and thanks. In looking at it further, it happened prior to the 2002 draft for the Bills 2003 1st rounder. When you look at it that draft picks traded a year into the future are generally considered 1 round lower in value than the current year, Bledsoe was worth a 2nd rounder too.

I think McNabb is currently worth more than Bledsoe and Culpepper were when they were traded.