Nickel DB

AZ54

On 7/10/2024 at 10:18 AM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Poles was ahead of the curve building the Bears DB room.  

our back 7 are stacked, and we have Sweat and hopefully Dexter as impact players. We still need one more pass rusher, but this defensive roster is pretty damn solid.

Good article, you always seem to find stuff not in the normal media. I remember you posted some stuff from ( Football Digest or Bears Digest) cudos to you. Who is our backup at NB? I see Josh Blackwell there but think maybe Johnathan Owens could be filling that role, he's an above average signing we got.

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Good article, you always seem to find stuff not in the normal media. I remember you posted some stuff from ( Football Digest or Bears Digest) cudos to you. Who is our backup at NB? I see Josh Blackwell there but think maybe Johnathan Owens could be filling that role, he's an above average signing we got.

I doubt they change a safety this far into his career, especially one new to the team and scheme.  Add in that our safety depth is a big problem, at least IMO.   Gordon's backup might be sliding Tyrique Stevenson inside and then put Smith outside.  As a physical CB Stevenson is built well for that role.  He might not have the elite quickness of Gordon but as discussed in the article I think he has the other attributes needed plus we play more zone coverage.  This is definitely a backstory to watch in training camp.     

5 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Gordon's backup might be sliding Tyrique Stevenson inside and then put Smith outside.  As a physical CB Stevenson is built well for that role.  He might not have the elite quickness of Gordon but as discussed in the article I think he has the other attributes needed plus we play more zone coverage.  This is definitely a backstory to watch in training camp.     

I think that's right.