Preseason Week 1 Game Thread - Bears at Bills, NFLN, Sat, 8-12, 12pm Central

adam

1 minute ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Wannstedt on the score said he heard 30-35 min in the next two games is the plan.  We will see next Saturday 

I missed most of the interview but heard someone mention 48 snaps. I thought it was Wanny but probably Spegs.

19 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I missed most of the interview but heard someone mention 48 snaps. I thought it was Wanny but probably Spegs.

Wow 48 is quite a bit. It actually makes more sense for a snap count or passing plays than using time or quarters.

60 seems like the league wide average for a QB, so a game's worth for the entire preseason makes sense. If that is a little less like 45-55 or 48, that makes sense. 48 in the next game seems like a lot though.

8 minutes ago, adam said:

60 seems like the league wide average for a QB, so a game's worth for the entire preseason makes sense. If that is a little less like 45-55 or 48, that makes sense. 48 in the next game seems like a lot though.

for sure.

nice to see Caleb look calm and in control on the first drive. The blitz beating improvisation to Swift is typical Caleb, and the deep curl bullet to DJ was right on time and location with good velocity, the kind of precision we are not used to seeing - amazing.

Great first drive for Caleb.

6 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Caleb with a nice scramble! And then a great rhythm throw to DJ who dropped it.

Caleb look in control out there. So nice to see a Chicago QB look like this.

I am glad I checked this page because I figured it was an evening game.  Glad for dvr, starting the game from the beginning lol.

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Caleb with a nice scramble! And then a great rhythm throw to DJ who dropped it.

Caleb look in control out there. So nice to see a Chicago QB look like this.

I'd be more impressed if he had hit the open receiver in the end zone instead of the Bears having to kick another FG.

Good start for Caleb. I'm just happy he made it through his first experience without getting injured. We need to get this OL fixed.

On another note, I see our new DC calling plays on the sideline. Interesting, and unexpected. 

Just got back from Sturgis just in time to see the game.

Caleb looked in control and nice throws. (two were dropped)

They seem to want to get V Jones indocternaded in the offence. 

Are able to pressure the QB

Can run the ball

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Pix, can you say more about which play he missed the WR open in the end zone? When the game is done Im gonna rewind and try to find the play.

There was 2:24 remaining in the second quarter. The third down was the last play he would make before being taken out of the game.

He was pressured. Overthrew Rome in the end zone. Would have been a tough throw, but one a top QB should make, even under pressure. That is why we drafted him. His ability to make tough throws under pressure. Hey, it is his first game. I'm disappointed he didn't hit Rome for the touchdown. That would have been the icing on the cake. He had a good game to build on going forward.

20 minutes ago, Pixote said:

There was 2:24 remaining in the second quarter. (Made a mistake, it was 2:24 left in the 1st quarter).The third down was the last play he would make before being taken out of the game.

He was pressured. Overthrew Rome in the end zone. Would have been a tough throw, but one a top QB should make, even under pressure. That is why we drafted him. His ability to make tough throws under pressure. Hey, it is his first game. I'm disappointed he didn't hit Rome for the touchdown. That would have been the icing on the cake. He had a good game to build on going forward.

thank you, Ill look again