Austin Booker

Mongo3451

30 minutes ago, Pixote said:

I still get pi**ed every time I think of Floyd. He only averaged around 4.5 sacks a year for us, then goes via FA. So what does he do, averages 10 sacks a year for LAR & BUF. 

If Booker continues to impress, I want him to get a chance to start opposite Sweat. I know the last game, he didn't start against the 1s, but there were two plays (I read) where he pushed a three-time all-pro tackle backward, opening up lanes to sack the QB. I think he can hold his own against a team's 1s. Let's see what he does this week.

this coaching staff has never been afraid to start rookies even when they arent quite ready, so its definitely possible.

9 hours ago, Pixote said:

I still get pi**ed every time I think of Floyd. He only averaged around 4.5 sacks a year for us, then goes via FA. So what does he do, averages 10 sacks a year for LAR & BUF. 

If Booker continues to impress, I want him to get a chance to start opposite Sweat. I know the last game, he didn't start against the 1s, but there were two plays (I read) where he pushed a three-time all-pro tackle backward, opening up lanes to sack the QB. I think he can hold his own against a team's 1s. Let's see what he does this week.

He doesnt need to start to make a big impact on the DL. D Walker can rush from the inside, imagine Booker, Dexter,Walker and Sweat om the field at the same time? That could be deadly.

On 8/13/2024 at 4:51 AM, Stinger226 said:

He doesnt need to start to make a big impact on the DL. D Walker can rush from the inside, imagine Booker, Dexter,Walker and Sweat om the field at the same time? That could be deadly.

Without Billings, that would probably be a huge liability against the run. With the Bears secondary, I actually worry more about run defense than the pass rush with the DLine.

5 hours ago, adam said:

Without Billings, that would probably be a huge liability against the run. With the Bears secondary, I actually worry more about run defense than the pass rush with the DLine.

Only refering to passing downs.

On a side note, Hardy has really impressed as well. He also has a crazy motor like Booker, but is also violent. He is a good change of pace rusher that offers something different for the O-Line to worry about. Sweat, Booker, Walker, and Hardy is at least a league average group with one star and a lot of upside for the young guys. Robinson may be a surprise cut.

As we guess at the 53 keep mind Poles’ comment from the other day.  The new kickoff rules may require different players in coverage or blocking skills.   He said they might need to keep less big guys and have more smaller faster players.  That leans towards 4 DT and 5 DE.  Same might go for TEs - keep 4 instead of 3.   If it’s a question of last TE vs FB then who is the better fit?   There is no baseline in the league so it’ll be interesting.