Site upgrade

DABEARSDABOMB

FYI - Upgrade ran into issues (no site outages - just some stuff on back end before we could get launched). It will likely be this weekend.  We will also be migrating to a new, faster and more efficient server at the same time.  For the record - I could take an approach and shut down and do some conversions to minimize lost posts (but with a bit more outage) - but will probably opt to just migrate over and instead of shutting this site down for a period post migration to make sure I basically reback up the database - will instead just live with 1-2 days of lost posts in order to maximize up time for the site (this should mean, *knock on wood*, minimal site downtime, but at some point when we switch over we'll lose about 1-2 days worth of posts in between the server migration.  

Note: The data base is large so I could restore it all - but that would require site down 4-12 hours for migration + than another 4-8 hours for the upgrade. I'll drop a note just as a heads up around the ballpark time that we'll get it rolling.  My guess is it will be over the weekend - ideally after the game or on Sunday.    

1 to 2 days off lost posts refers to most recent activity?    If there is a choice I’d prefer before the game.  Else the day after the game.  This game largely defines the 53 man roster so there will lots of chatter afterward.  

42 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

1 to 2 days off lost posts refers to most recent activity?    If there is a choice I’d prefer before the game.  Else the day after the game.  This game largely defines the 53 man roster so there will lots of chatter afterward.  

Yeah - it will be like within the window that the migration happens. Ideally I would get done before the game but I don't know that the server will be migrated by than.  And it would be the recent commentary.  

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

I didn’t mention it earlier but I really appreciate all you do to keep this site up and running.  

totally agree. DABEARS, and I think Pix originally started it - and I like this place so much - thank you all.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

totally agree. DABEARS, and I think Pix originally started it - and I like this place so much - thank you all.

Actually, Jeff, aka DaWebmaster, started the original Bearstalk site, not me. He decided to move on, I am guessing to spend more time with his family. Great guy. I miss many of the original members that have moved on. Since his departure, if it weren't for Adam and DBDB, this site would vanish. We all owe the two of them so much for managing and maintaining this site.

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

Actually, Jeff, aka DaWebmaster, started the original Bearstalk site, not me. He decided to move on, I am guessing to spend more time with his family. Great guy. I miss many of the original members that have moved on. Since his departure, if it weren't for Adam and DBDB, this site would vanish. We all owe the two of them so much for managing and maintaining this site.

Cheers brothers! ? You are appreciated...

There are very few places left on the internet that you can "Talk" "Bears" intelligently with sane people. Reddit, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, are all brutal and seem to get worse every day with some insufferable people. So I have no prob moderating here to keep this place alive.

43 minutes ago, adam said:

There are very few places left on the internet that you can "Talk" "Bears" intelligently with sane people. Reddit, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, are all brutal and seem to get worse every day with some insufferable people. So I have no prob moderating here to keep this place alive.

I appreciate all the people running this site.  This has been one site I've been coming to daily for probably 20 plus years. Thank you all!

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I appreciate all the people running this site.  This has been one site I've been coming to daily for probably 20 plus years. Thank you all!

I really appreciate all who keep the site running and those who contribute.  It’s great reading and very informative.