Preseason Week 2 Game Thread - Bengals at Bears, NFLN, Sat, 8-17, 12pm Central

adam

With Preseason Game 3 being the last preseason game, this will more than likely be the last game we see Caleb and most of the starters in until Week 1 against TEN.

Btw, the early line for Week 1, Bears are 4 point favorites as of today.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, adam said:

With Preseason Game 3 being the last preseason game, this will more than likely be the last game we see Caleb and most of the starters in until Week 1 against TEN.

You may very well be correct. However, I wonder. For us, the week 3 preseason game is August 22. Week 1 vs TEN is September 8. That is 17 days. Now we add to that 5 days from the 17th (2nd preseason game vs CIN) and the 22nd. Do we play them tomorrow, on the 17th, them keep them from action with other teams for 22 days? We were concerned they were unprepared last year for the lack of preseason work. Do we skip week 3 for starters and have them do work at Halas Field for 22 days?

Brutal day for Caleb, and against the Bengals 2nd stringers too.

He looked like he was trying to do too much too fast. I felt like he needed to slow down his rhythm a little bit. Instead he was pressing.

Ill call it rookie growing pains, but it sure wasn't great to see. Yuck!

The defense on the other hand looked like they were 1sts playing against 2nds as they should.

Just now, BearFan PHX said:

Brutal day for Caleb, and against the Bengals 2nd stringers too.

He looked like he was trying to do too much too fast. I felt like he needed to slow down his rhythm a little bit. Instead he was pressing.

Ill call it rookie growing pains, but it sure wasn't great to see. Yuck!

Tight coverage on the last play to DJ, but he is getting reps and seeing game speed.  Hopefully he gets one more set to adjust 

Caleb had the one good deep ball, but his grade today is an F.

He is a rookie. He has tons of talent and ability. He is going to get his ass kicked sometimes too. Better now than week 18!

sheesh hell of a pass to Odunze. Good on the Bears for leaving him in. Still a lot to work on from today, but glad Eberflus didnt pull his chips back. That bodes well too.

13 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Take it back!  ??

He did have one really bad throw when he had to scramble and didn't set his feet.  He should get through the jitters.  Almost need to see him next week for 1 or 2 series so he can get the feel down. 

16 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Take it back!  ??

hahaha, Ok well he made some A+ throws, but gets a D for consistency?

I feel like he was just trying too hard early - pressing, ahead of the tempo. And he was kind of overly emotional later too. It's good that he cares, he is a great competitor, but he will need to be a little more relaxed and let the game come to him. It's not a bad problem to have, and Im sure he will get it dialed in in time. He wants it SO bad.

And I agree with poles when he gave the coahing staff credit for adjusting and leaving Caleb in there. It was not the fear based run to prevent defense too early kind of thinking we've seen before.

Lots to build on in this game, and lots to yell at the players in practice about too. Good.

29 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Got his first TD, Fielderman style

lol yes, except he waited and looked for a throw for a while there, he didnt just tuck and run. I really like how Williams runs around but stays a passer!

5 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

He did have one really bad throw when he had to scramble and didn't set his feet.  He should get through the jitters.  Almost need to see him next week for 1 or 2 series so he can get the feel down. 

I agree. Williams needs reps.

2 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Tyson Bagent for QB!  Glad to see him playing in rythem and hitting wrs in step.  Two TDs, he's gonna be the preseason leading QB when it's all wrapped up

when CW can add some of what TB can do, he will be unstoppable. TB cant add what CW does, but CW will mature.

TB sure does play well in rhythm - it looks like "football"

Takes:  Stuck with the offense until they found a rythum. Good for Flus.

Lack of penalties is a good sign.

Defense has a lot of energy snd keep getting TOs

Daniel Hardy probably makes the roster.

play calling looks so much better.

Pettis keeps pushing for WR job.

CW is going to have some hiccups but his talent will always show through. A lot of games will look like this but we can still win those games.

Roster is very strong, lots of cuts will be picked up. Kudos to Poles.

Cudos to Flus too, he called out Davis and not he's back, keeps pushing the defense , like the DBs rushing the passer. He let CW stay on the field for the first half.

21 hours ago, adam said:

Adam  did you get the information I sent you.