Week 1 Official Game Thread - TEN @ CHI, 9/8, 12PM CDT, CHI -4.5 O/U 43.5, FOX

adam

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the Titans play a 3-4 defense, with a DE, a DT and an NT.

The NT is T'Vondre Sweat from Texas who is a tough player against the run.

The DT is $100 Million Jeffrey Simmons, also a really good player against the run.

The bad news is that our questionable OL interior is going to go against those guys.

The good news is that they only have two other DEs on the roster! That's it! Only 4 DL total! wtf

So I expect us to run wide, throw screens, reverses, QB rollouts - etc - anything to challenge the edges and get those big guys running. If they dont put another DL on the roster, those dogs are gonna get tired, and then you can give Velus Jones a couple carries in the 4th quarter and break a long run to seal the deal.

I would also expect to see some blitzing from Tennessee, because Caleb is a rookie, and because they might be getting tired on the DL. And the recipe for that is of course more screens, rollouts etc. So the game plan seems pretty clear.

Could 2024 be the year the Bears bring back the slant?!

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

So the Titans play a 3-4 defense, with a DE, a DT and an NT.

The NT is T'Vondre Sweat from Texas who is a tough player against the run.

The DT is $100 Million Jeffrey Simmons, also a really good player against the run.

The bad news is that our questionable OL interior is going to go against those guys.

The good news is that they only have two other DEs on the roster! That's it! Only 4 DL total! wtf

So I expect us to run wide, throw screens, reverses, QB rollouts - etc - anything to challenge the edges and get those big guys running. If they dont put another DL on the roster, those dogs are gonna get tired, and then you can give Velus Jones a couple carries in the 4th quarter and break a long run to seal the deal.

I would also expect to see some blitzing from Tennessee, because Caleb is a rookie, and because they might be getting tired on the DL. And the recipe for that is of course more screens, rollouts etc. So the game plan seems pretty clear.

Could 2024 be the year the Bears bring back the slant?!

T'Vondre Sweat will look really good in the first quarter.  Then he fades in the 2nd quarter.  Early in the 3rd quarter he shows some burst again and by the 4th quarter he's just standing around.  I agree with running on the edges, get him tired early.  For passing downs Simmons is the game wrecker and we should double team him and leave Sweat with a single block.  He may get some pressure early in the game but he's not a problem for someone like Williams to move around or away from.  Simmons is a much different problem if he gets free.    Plus we need to keep a blocker free because I agree on the expected blitzes.  

17 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

T'Vondre Sweat will look really good in the first quarter.  Then he fades in the 2nd quarter.  Early in the 3rd quarter he shows some burst again and by the 4th quarter he's just standing around.  I agree with running on the edges, get him tired early.  For passing downs Simmons is the game wrecker and we should double team him and leave Sweat with a single block.  He may get some pressure early in the game but he's not a problem for someone like Williams to move around or away from.  Simmons is a much different problem if he gets free.    Plus we need to keep a blocker free because I agree on the expected blitzes.  

yeah this game plan all seems pretty clear. The edges.

Of course we are gonna probe the middle early too, and if Davis goes off on his former teammate, then so much the better.

I also think the stage is set (but is it too early?) for Booker to show up, given Walker's injuries. Maybe Walker plays, but even so, Booker will get his snaps.

I think the stage is set for Booker and Dexter to show up, and for the OL too, if they can fight for it and take it. This level of "want to" is where Eberflus will really earn his money. Cant wait to see where we are.

9 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

It's disappointing, but I guess it's understandable given the depth of our WR room. I was also disappointed to see Roschon as inactive. If Roschon were given meaningful reps, I believe he would prove he is a #1 RB in the NFL.