New Server - post any glitches here

DABEARSDABOMB

2 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

One caveat - we will have a minor outage later this week; Fingers crossed this should be a pretty minimal one (1-2 hours max). The big lift is behind us and Az - we held it up a few days for you and were able to ensure no posts being lost :)

Nice job, the site feels a lot quicker tbh.

yeah the new site is great.

When you first did the migration, I had a small glitch. For the first 12 hours, i wanted to trade Caleb for Mitch Trubisky, but then I rebooted, and everything's ok now.

I'm getting logged out automatically.  Also, if I post the system stops for me and becomes unavailable.  This morning, it said to try again in two hours.  I rebooted my phone and here I am.  Rebooting has worked a couple of times.  I have a S23 phone, so my tech should be ok.

Mongo - try clearing your cookies/cache on your phone. It looks like your dns hasn’t yet fully kicked over to new server (for some internet providers it can take a bit longer)…but it should get better in next couple days and clearing cookies may take instantaneous. 

9 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

That shows up if you try password and fail a couple times. What browser do you use? Is this only on mobile? Or you running into any issue on computer? 

Mobile only.  Google is the browser.  It wouldn't let me in this morning.  Said site was down.  Tried a few minutes later, then it let me log in.  It logs me out every time.

Hang in there, Mongo. Your input on this forum is needed. You're tops in my book. I'm sure DBDB will figure out a way to get you fixed up.

I never even noticed the transition during the process, but now I find things incredibly smooth and fast. I use Google Chrome.

Thanks, DBDB.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Mobile only.  Google is the browser.  It wouldn't let me in this morning.  Said site was down.  Tried a few minutes later, then it let me log in.  It logs me out every time.

I know what your issue is - I had it briefly on my phone (but no the relogin) but where you get the site is down message. When you are getting that message - your phone is still looking to its old history - which is pointing you to the old server (meaning it is just going off of memory of where talkbears was located in the past (underneath the name there is an address the basically points the domain name to the specific IP the server is at). Right now it just keeps thinking your home is that old server (which is still up and will be shut down in another day or two)....it just needs to work itself out of that funk - for 99% of the cases that happens within first 24 hours. For others it can be as long as 72 hours.  

In your case it seems to be persisting longer - which is really frustrating. If you haven't already, try the below instructions from your google phone:

image.png

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

This time, I got in by turning off wifi and using data.  I still have to log in each time.  Keep the faith!

Does your WIFI use a VPN by chance? I know VPN can take a bit longer to fully cycle through the "new address" changes that happened.  

1 minute ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Does your WIFI use a VPN by chance? I know VPN can take a bit longer to fully cycle through the "new address" changes that happened.  

I don't know what that is.  I have T mobile Internet and it distributes through the house with a Deco mesh unit.