Bears trade for Edge Rusher

adam

Darrell Taylor. Has 21.5 sacks in the last 3 years, and 15 over the last 2. Feels like a poor man's Ngakoue. $3.1M cap hit. Low risk. 6th rounders rarely make an NFL roster, so I really don't care too much about 6th and 7th rounders if you can get guys who make the 53-man roster for them. Taylor looks like one of them.

yeah, and it's a one year deal, so he's not currently in our long term plans. But hes young, and if he plays well for us, who knows?

My guess is he is insurance until Booker is ready to shine.

Since he's listed here as a LB/Pass rusher I'm going to assume they were using him in a 3-4 front.  He might be a better fit in our scheme.  

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/23/seahawks-lb-darrell-taylor-to-bears-for-6th-round-pick/

That hurts:  

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/23/with-darrell-taylor-traded-the-entire-seahawks-2020-draft-class-is-gone/

We just went full circle with the Claypool trade:

2nd Round Pick for Claypool > Claypool for a 2025 6th Rounder > A 2025 6th Rounder for Darrell Taylor (who was a 2nd Round Pick)

11 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Since he's listed here as a LB/Pass rusher I'm going to assume they were using him in a 3-4 front.  He might be a better fit in our scheme.  

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/23/seahawks-lb-darrell-taylor-to-bears-for-6th-round-pick/

That hurts:  

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/23/with-darrell-taylor-traded-the-entire-seahawks-2020-draft-class-is-gone/

Almost typical for a new regime once you get past the rookie deals. Looking back on the Bears roster, the Bears have 3 players that should be on the team next year from 2017-2021 with Jenkins as the only real player to have a shot at returning from the 2021 class.

2021 - Jenkins, Borom, and Herbert
2020 - Kmet and Johnson
2019 - NONE
2018 - NONE
2017 - NONE

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Almost typical for a new regime once you get past the rookie deals. Looking back on the Bears roster, the Bears have 3 players that should be on the team next year from 2017-2021 with Jenkins as the only real player to have a shot at returning from the 2021 class.

2021 - Jenkins, Borom, and Herbert
2020 - Kmet and Johnson
2019 - NONE
2018 - NONE
2017 - NONE

And I wouldn't be surprised if Borom and/or Herbert are cut/traded.

Putting another DE in the picture that leaves Walker to play more inside as the third DT. That adds depth to the only two positions that has questions. There is still questions on the OL because of injuries but Poles upgrades the depth this year. Bates, Matt Pryor, Bill Murray, and Kiwan starting to play. The OL isnt great but it wont be bad.

5 hours ago, Pixote said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if Borom and/or Herbert are cut/traded.

Exactly, and Jenkins needs to stay healthy if he wants an extension. So it looks like it will be 2-3 players left on the Bears roster for draft picks from 21 and older. 

One thing i am entertained by, but will hope he keeps under control on our team, is what a meathead Taylor is.

There was a play where he was on the sidelines, and the Seahawks intercepted the ball, and he got so excited he ran out on the field and started blocking on the return LOL

He will be fun to watch for sure.

10 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

One thing i am entertained by, but will hope he keeps under control on our team, is what a meathead Taylor is.

There was a play where he was on the sidelines, and the Seahawks intercepted the ball, and he got so excited he ran out on the field and started blocking on the return LOL

He will be fun to watch for sure.

I saw the replay of the play and to me, it seems like he was running out to celebrate the INT because it looked like the defender who caught it was down. So he thinks they are running to the end zone to celebrate, and then he realizes it's a live play. If you look at it again, he runs straight to the ball carrier, not ahead to block. 

14 minutes ago, adam said:

I saw the replay of the play and to me, it seems like he was running out to celebrate the INT because it looked like the defender who caught it was down. So he thinks they are running to the end zone to celebrate, and then he realizes it's a live play. If you look at it again, he runs straight to the ball carrier, not ahead to block. 

I thought he turned around and made a block, Ill try to find the film again :)

Ok here it is - he definitely looks like he is coming off the sideline to celebrate, but he also turns around and blocks #10 too lol

to watch it, click the "watch on YouTube" link.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Ok here it is - he definitely looks like he is coming off the sideline to celebrate, but he also turns around and blocks #10 too lol

to watch it, click the "watch on YouTube" link.

Yeah he definitely goes to celebrate, then realizes it's a live play, then goes to block. Super funny.

17 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah he definitely goes to celebrate, then realizes it's a live play, then goes to block. Super funny.

every team needs at least one meathead :)

25 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

I like a little meathead in my head coach.  Like Detroit’s HC Dan Campbell.  He’s got just the right amount.  Not sure Flus has any…

Flus is a Chicken Parm :)