Ja'Tyre Carter Cut/Waived

adam

Ive been reading a lot of praise for Murray. I hadnt really seen him, or maybe better said, I hadnt focused on him, but ive read several pundits say he had the best camp of any backup OL.

I guess I need to go back and look at some film. But if Carter is gone, they must be feeling better about some of their other options. Good!

Some good explanation here from Adam Mason.  Simply put Murray has the best preseason of all backup Oline. We can argue about PFF grades
but for the same team on the same plays with the same evaluator there should relative value to the grades      At about 12 min

other cuts today:

OL Jerome Carvin
DL Michael Dwumfour
WR Peter LeBlanc
DL Jaylon Hutchings
WR John Jackson
DB Quindell Johnson
LB Javin White

no real surprises.

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

other cuts today:

OL Jerome Carvin
DL Michael Dwumfour
WR Peter LeBlanc
DL Jaylon Hutchings
WR John Jackson
DB Quindell Johnson
LB Javin White

no real surprises.

25 more early tomorrow.  There’s going to be a surprise or two I suspect.  The positive is that’s a sign that the team is getting better.  

27 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

25 more early tomorrow.  There’s going to be a surprise or two I suspect.  The positive is that’s a sign that the team is getting better.  

I'm wondering if we'll find a way to get a pick in exchange. 

the bottom 2 or 3 names will be nervous over the next few days as we look to maybe pick up discards.

Having a good roster means fewer possibilities of that, but there are still a lot of players that will be suddenly available.

Of course we got a jump on that too with Taylor and Williams acquisitions too.

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

the bottom 2 or 3 names will be nervous over the next few days as we look to maybe pick up discards.

Having a good roster means fewer possibilities of that, but there are still a lot of players that will be suddenly available.

Of course we got a jump on that too with Taylor and Williams acquisitions too.

We need to improve our depth on the OL. I suspect that will be the next target. I was looking at the early cuts on NFL.com and there was already a good number of OLmen listed. I doubt any of the early cuts are our answer, but the final cuts might offer some interesting options.

Carter ended up on the Carolina PS, so the Bears actually could sign him back as long as it is to the 53-man. The same thing goes for Bates in NY. Those teams would have to elevate them to retain them. 

27 minutes ago, adam said:

Carter ended up on the Carolina PS, so the Bears actually could sign him back as long as it is to the 53-man. The same thing goes for Bates in NY. Those teams would have to elevate them to retain them. 

.... and there are few players on our practice squad we were happy to see the Bears bring back after being cut who might be picked up by other teams to be on their 53-man roster. We have some excellent prospects stashed on our PS.

13 hours ago, Pixote said:

.... and there are few players on our practice squad we were happy to see the Bears bring back after being cut who might be picked up by other teams to be on their 53-man roster. We have some excellent prospects stashed on our PS.

Yeah, it is definitely an odd situation to be in, and a place we have not been in, in a long time. 

On 8/26/2024 at 12:47 PM, adam said:

This one surprises me because I thought he was a lock. I guess with the Borom injury they need someone who can play OT as well, that seems to be Bill Murray. 

Isn't Bill Murray a bit old to be playing football 🤪