adam

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

He almost was taken out by Anderson.  Time to put Stroud on alert.

Here I thought you were not allowed to land with your body weight on top of a QB.  Nor hit QB out of bounds.  Nor throw punches.  

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

Seriously they have Kmet go one on one with 

If the Bears D cannot respond to that series, this game will be over.  The momentum shifted and their D is taking over. Need a big takeaway ....ugh...and eberflus blew it calling this challenge. 

5 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Here I thought you were not allowed to land with your body weight on top of a QB.  Nor hit QB out of bounds.  Nor throw punches.  

Only if the QB is names Mahome or Rodgers.  A few others.  It’s nonsense. 

Unrelated point, Flus sux at challenging.  

33 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

Only if the QB is names Mahome or Rodgers.  A few others.  It’s nonsense. 

Unrelated point, Flus sux at challenging.  

Whoever is upstairs telling Flus to challenge plays is bad.  If Flus does not have somebody up there doing that he’s really bad.  

O-Line is hot garbage, it's gonna be a long year if this doesn't get fixed. I don't know how it got worse compared to last year, but here we are. Even the Tackles are playing like crap. 

I don't know what type of game Waldron is calling, but he is giving Getsy a run for his money. Where are the quick slants? Hot routes over the middle to beat the blitz? They brought the blitz more than in any other game in the last few years and Waldron did nothing to counter it.

The defense is playing like a top 3 unit. They have been borderline dominating. If not for the lack of calls on the Texans O-Line, the Bears defense might have kept the Texans under 10. 

The Bears got one call their way, while the Texans got 5-6 their way, not even at all. Pitre head to head tackle on Swift, no call, next play, INT. 

Flus or whoever is challenging the plays needs to be fired. They lost two timeouts on boneheaded challenges. Especially the 2nd one where it was clear that Gordon did not catch it. That timeout would've came in handy on that last drive.

Caleb's INTs came on scrambles and under a lot pressure, I would be more worried about those if they were missed reads. He is still a rookie and has a lot to learn, but I still feel a lot better about him than I did Fields and Trubisky their rookie years. Go watch how much time Daniels has to throw. Rarely pressured, and if he was, nothing like Williams was under.

This was expected to be a loss before the season started and the Bears lost by only 6 on the road in prime time. One or two plays were the difference. No penalty on kickoff, might have been only down 3 on this last drive. One or two calls go the other way and the Bears could've stolen one.

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The offense struggled and can't run the ball. The defense got us down to a one score game, probably the best we could get.

1 minute ago, Mongo3451 said:

The down field game sucked and that was the difference...

Yes to both and the oline is still a work in progress. But Caleb looks like a real QB. So I bet we win many of these games in the future. 

9 minutes ago, adam said:

O-Line is hot garbage, it's gonna be a long year if this doesn't get fixed. I don't know how it got worse compared to last year, but here we are. Even the Tackles are playing like crap. 

I don't know what type of game Waldron is calling, but he is giving Getsy a run for his money. Where are the quick slants? Hot routes over the middle to beat the blitz? They brought the blitz more than in any other game in the last few years and Waldron did nothing to counter it.

The defense is playing like a top 3 unit. They have been borderline dominating. If not for the lack of calls on the Texans O-Line, the Bears defense might have kept the Texans under 10. 

The Bears got one call their way, while the Texans got 5-6 their way, not even at all. Pitre head to head tackle on Swift, no call, next play, INT. 

Flus or whoever is challenging the plays needs to be fired. They lost two timeouts on boneheaded challenges. Especially the 2nd one where it was clear that Gordon did not catch it. That timeout would've came in handy on that last drive.

Caleb's INTs came on scrambles and under a lot pressure, I would be more worried about those if they were missed reads. He is still a rookie and has a lot to learn, but I still feel a lot better about him than I did Fields and Trubisky their rookie years. Go watch how much time Daniels has to throw. Rarely pressured, and if he was, nothing like Williams was under.

This was expected to be a loss before the season started and the Bears lost by only 6 on the road in prime time. One or two plays were the difference. No penalty on kickoff, might have been only down 3 on this last drive. One or two calls go the other way and the Bears could've stolen one.

The Bears one savior is playing away next weekend.  If they play at home and Caleb doesn't play well, the boo birds will be out.   They should win against the colts and save the boos.

23 minutes ago, adam said:

We're closer as a team overall but the IOL issue is a killer flaw.  

All game I kept wondering why Caleb doesn't look Odunze's way.   The last play made it clear why.  It also explains why he was leaning on Keenan Allen so much in week 1.   This game was primarily DJ Moore.  Still I think Caleb showed far more positives than negatives.  Give him 3 seconds and he'll be ok.    

This loss goes directly on Ryan Poles. His decision to keep Matt Eberflus and ignore the OL this off-season is setting this franchise up for another draft bust at quarterback. This coordinator has no idea what he's doing. The personnel groupings make no sense. Too much Travis Homer and Gerald Everett and not enough Kmet and Khalil Herbert. 

I just watched Malik freaking Willis look like a competent quarterback today with Matt Lafleur calling plays. The way they were able to scheme up some creative run calls early in that game for Josh Jacobs really took the pressure off Willis, and it paid off. Caleb has no chance if Waldron is just going to continue allowing DeAndre Swift to get the ball 14 times for 18 yards (!). 

The Bears have CAR in week 5. If Caleb and this offense doesn't start to turn the corner by then, I'm going to start pushing the panic button, because it cannot looks this bad. I figured they'd have their bumps and bruises, but I did not expect the OL to give up 7 sacks in a game and for the quarterback to not be able to throw the ball accurately more than 10 yards down field when his receivers are open. This is way worse of a start than even my most conservative predictions thought it would be. Awful sign.

7 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

This loss goes directly on Ryan Poles. His decision to keep Matt Eberflus and ignore the OL this off-season is setting this franchise up for another draft bust at quarterback. This coordinator has no idea what he's doing. The personnel groupings make no sense. Too much Travis Homer and Gerald Everett and not enough Kmet and Khalil Herbert. 

I just watched Malik freaking Willis look like a competent quarterback today with Matt Lafleur calling plays. The way they were able to scheme up some creative run calls early in that game for Josh Jacobs really took the pressure off Willis, and it paid off. Caleb has no chance if Waldron is just going to continue allowing DeAndre Swift to get the ball 14 times for 18 yards (!). 

The Bears have CAR in week 5. If Caleb and this offense doesn't start to turn the corner by then, I'm going to start pushing the panic button, because it cannot looks this bad. I figured they'd have their bumps and bruises, but I did not expect the OL to give up 7 sacks in a game and for the quarterback to not be able to throw the ball accurately more than 10 yards down field when his receivers are open. This is way worse of a start than even my most conservative predictions thought it would be. Awful sign.

Yup - we shouldnt have kept Eberflus. I've been saying that all along. The 4th and 1 call was another total mistake. Unforced error. and a delay of game penalty after a timeout with commercials? Illegal formation? Even false starts - thats coaching.

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Eberflus needs to evaluate the RB position.  Swift is and has not been effective.  Make him a 3rd down player until he can show up. 

It might help him if he had an OL that could open a few holes.

He kicked ass in PHI but had one of the top OLs to do so.

18 minutes ago, Pixote said:

It might help him if he had an OL that could open a few holes.

He kicked ass in PHI but had one of the top OLs to do so.

I agree, swift isnt the issue, the OL is, and the blocking scheme is.

We just got to see the weakness of this team. OL has a lot of issues and the play calling didnt help the line. CW has responsibility in this loss also. I only watched the highlights but almost every sack was on blitizes. It seems like some better  choices on play calls would have helped the line. We should have had more max pass protects. 

Almost no one thought we were going into Houston and win except dreamers like me. They have held 2 teams to 3 points in the second half. Holding teams to under 20 points is always a good showing. I listen to Olin after the game and line calls also goes on CW. All of this is just a lot for a rookie. 

We are 1-1 and just played one of the top teams in the league on the road. Fire the coach, the OC and condemn Poles for not draftingv OL. We drafted Wright last year in the first round. (he didnt play well today) This year maybe we should have drafted the OL instead of CW, and Rome? To complete a team, Poles said he needed 4-5 yrs to do it. This is year 3. 

You can't add anyone to the OL in season that is going to make a difference. Our 2 strongest OLineman are Jenkins and Wright and neither of them played well today either. We have to scheme plays to help the OL. I think we need to go out and pound the ball and more play action. Bates and Kiran were part of the plan but both have injury issues. Connor Williams was the only player we could have added that might have helped and Poles didnt sigh him.