51% of snaps

adam

6.5 games left or approximately 390 snaps for a 4th round pick. I really hope they keep running Fields out there and let Wilson rest until at least Week 8 or 9.

I am glad Fields is winning, but because the Steelers defense is playing so good (16 pts allowed in 2 games), no one really knows how Fields is actually playing.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

23 Offensive Drives
1 TD
8 FGs
11 Punts
1 ToD
2 EoH

This is Fields 2nd half today: 

Punt
Punt
FG
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

I am happy for Fields, but the Steelers have to see this right? 

15 minutes ago, adam said:

6.5 games left or approximately 390 snaps for a 4th round pick. I really hope they keep running Fields out there and let Wilson rest until at least Week 8 or 9.

I am glad Fields is winning, but because the Steelers defense is playing so good (16 pts allowed in 2 games), no one really knows how Fields is actually playing.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

23 Offensive Drives
1 TD
8 FGs
11 Punts
1 ToD
2 EoH

This is Fields 2nd half today: 

Punt
Punt
FG
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

I am happy for Fields, but the Steelers have to see this right? 

Sure they do but winning is winning and they just might stay with what is working until it's not.  

3 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Sure they do but winning is winning and they just might stay with what is working until it's not.  

That is the hope. I read somewhere they said it was going to only be 3 games. I hope he continues to do enough to keep the job.

If wins are the judge then Justin is doing great but everything wrong with us applies to Pitt also. They have OL issues, a new OC. The difference is they are rushing for 140 yards a game. Pitt drafted OL on 1-2-4 in the draft. In time their issues should improve, hopefully ours do too. If we dont learn how to run the ball winning wont come easy. Houston last year exceeded expections but they had 3 first round picks starting on the OL with a second and and a fourth, they had a head start over us.

I wish Justin the best and hope he improves in Pittsburgh, but everything that plagued him in CHI is there in PIT.

In his first two starts he has 273 yards passing, in Year 4.  Williams has 267. I just thought that was kind of funny that we go from Fields to Williams and it is a 6 yard difference after two games.

• 3 weeks later...

Fields needs basically 3 1/2 more starts to get the Bears a 4th rounder. 

It seems like Steelers fans are quickly getting accustomed to what we have experienced over the last few years. Their defense allowed 20 pts and lost. In the last two weeks they had the ball last with a chance to win or tie and lost. 

Fields has been super efficient, but 131 yards passing against a ravaged Dallas defense is almost impossible to do. Previously his rushing saved him, but he only added 27 yards on the ground.

They have some easy games coming up, so I hope they go with Fields for the next 3 until the bye, that would be LVR, NYJ, and NYG.

1 hour ago, adam said:

It seems like Steelers fans are quickly getting accustomed to what we have experienced over the last few years. Their defense allowed 20 pts and lost. In the last two weeks they had the ball last with a chance to win or tie and lost. 

Fields has been super efficient, but 131 yards passing against a ravaged Dallas defense is almost impossible to do. Previously his rushing saved him, but he only added 27 yards on the ground.

They have some easy games coming up, so I hope they go with Fields for the next 3 until the bye, that would be LVR, NYJ, and NYG.

I hope they stick with Justin - not just for the Bears sake but for Justin's sake.  Give him the season with that team and see if he can be good enough.  Wilson isn't it and there is no long-term in Wilson if you are Steelers.  With those 3 teams coming up - if Justin stays in, I see them going 2-1.  

2 hours ago, adam said:

All of Pitts offense woes are not on Justin, bad OL, inconsisent running game and questionable play caller. He only has two quality recievers in Pickens and the TE.  The good thing is we will get that 4th rounder for him. They have the same record as we have so if we want to compare QB play, end of the year gives a better picture.

Watching the Pittsburgh game is giving me anxiety lol.

They are winning (15-7 lol), but it is soooo painful. Fields currently is 10-17 for 83 yards, was sacked once, threw an INT but it was called back for roughing the passer, he threw the ball backwards over the RB's head that almost led to a fumble. His scoring drives have been comical, the best one is 5 plays, 3 yards, FG. He also leads the game in rushing with 44 yards and a TD. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

They are winning (15-7 lol), but it is soooo painful. Fields currently is 10-17 for 83 yards, was sacked once, threw an INT but it was called back for roughing the passer, he threw the ball backwards over the RB's head that almost led to a fumble. His scoring drives have been comical, the best one is 5 plays, 3 yards, FG. He also leads the game in rushing with 44 yards and a TD. 

Im glad they won - I like Justin and I also want that higher draft pick :). 

4 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I think we got the pick in the bag. JF1 scored 2 rushing TDs and has 5 passing TDs with only 1 interception on the year. 231 yds rushing with another 5 TDs and only 1 lost fumble. Plus they're 4-2, they arent changing anytime soon.

I dunno, Wilson tweeted out a victory tweet and Fields did not. 

26 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I dont think Tomlin is changing the QB at 4-2. Justin is popular with his teammates and lots of people say Wilson is kind of a jerk.

I don't think so either, but in Fields last two games he passed for 145 yds and 131 yds. 4 of his 6 starts he has less than 160 passing yards. That is not sustainable. The defense is going to be so burnt out by the end of the year. They have a top 10 drive time but bottom 10 pts off a drive, super inefficient. If not for Fields scrambling and rushing TDs, they would be the worst offense in the league. On paper, they look like a lot like the Giants offense. 

I think they will give him to the bye with 2 winnable games against the Jets and Giants before the bye. If they lose either of those games, they may consider a change because their schedule gets much harder after the bye. After the bye they have WAS, BALx2, CINx2, KC, and PHI. 

23 minutes ago, adam said:

I don't think so either, but in Fields last two games he passed for 145 yds and 131 yds. 4 of his 6 starts he has less than 160 passing yards. That is not sustainable. The defense is going to be so burnt out by the end of the year. They have a top 10 drive time but bottom 10 pts off a drive, super inefficient. If not for Fields scrambling and rushing TDs, they would be the worst offense in the league. On paper, they look like a lot like the Giants offense. 

I think they will give him to the bye with 2 winnable games against the Jets and Giants before the bye. If they lose either of those games, they may consider a change because their schedule gets much harder after the bye. After the bye they have WAS, BALx2, CINx2, KC, and PHI. 

That is the key though - win the next 2 and he probably gets another 2 tough ones for benefit of the doubt. 

How many more starts does he need to get the 4th round pick? 

14 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

That is the key though - win the next 2 and he probably gets another 2 tough ones for benefit of the doubt. 

How many more starts does he need to get the 4th round pick? 

probably three? four would pretty much guarantee it.

13 hours ago, Pixote said:

Wilson has had his share of injury issues lately. I suspect that even if given the starting gig, he will miss more time before the season is over.

But if late in the season they for some reason aren't in playoff contention - I could see them not playing Field(s) to make sure they don't give up a 4th rounder.  

18 hours ago, adam said:

And just think how some here wanted to keep him and pass on CW….yikes!

2 hours ago, Daventry said:

And just think how some here wanted to keep him and pass on CW….yikes!

LOL JF has always been a great athlete and a terrible QB. You know I was leading the charge early to get rid of him, and like you said there was a lot of pushback on that to say the least.

But the good news is that everyone on this board is now completely on the Caleb train, and why wouldnt they be? The guy is awesome!

Let's go Bears!

5 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

But if late in the season they for some reason aren't in playoff contention - I could see them not playing Field(s) to make sure they don't give up a 4th rounder.  

I would not put it past the Steelers to give Fields the last 2 games before the bye, a total of 8 games, then come out of the bye and give Wilson the next 9 so Fields would just miss playing over 51% of the snaps. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

I would not put it past the Steelers to give Fields the last 2 games before the bye, a total of 8 games, then come out of the bye and give Wilson the next 9 so Fields would just miss playing over 51% of the snaps. 

unless Wilson gets injured or falters! So we want Justin to keep winning, so he seems like a good option for them.