Waldron might suck

CrackerDog

59 minutes ago, CrackerDog said:

We drive down the field with no effective running game and Caleb doing great.  Get to the red zone and run twice and then try a slow developing pass for a sack.  

Not ok.  

Seattle media and fans said they were glad he was gone.  He won't be getting hired from us anytime soon after 6 quarters

12 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Seattle media and fans said they were glad he was gone.  He won't be getting hired from us anytime soon after 6 quarters

Literally played for the field goal.  Was biting his nails when making the calls.  Can’t play in fear.  Man up, bitch!

This reminds me of previous years, is it the Offensive Coordinator, the O-Line, or QB? Caleb is at least a rookie and he doesn't look like he has much time to do anything because of the O-Line, but at the same time, where are the quick slants, dump off options, hot routes?

The run blocking "rules" are broken. I will wait for the film, but did you see guys pulling and arriving too late to make the block? We are trying to do things that arent normal football. Too cute.

Chris Morgan is a problem. Shane Waldron is allowing it, he's a problem too.

And going for it in the middle of the 2nd quarter down 6 backed up in your own territory? WHAT? AGAIN? Using challenges on things that definitely wont work, losing a timeout in the second half?

The coaching is a real problem. Same problems as last year.

Caleb grew again this game. More rhythm throws from the pocket than Justin had all year.

But they blitzed him all over the place. We did nothing to counter it - no screens, no slants, no draws.

We got waaaay outcoached.

39 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

The run blocking "rules" are broken. I will wait for the film, but did you see guys pulling and arriving too late to make the block? We are trying to do things that arent normal football. Too cute.

Chris Morgan is a problem. Shane Waldron is allowing it, he's a problem too.

And going for it in the middle of the 2nd quarter down 6 backed up in your own territory? WHAT? AGAIN? Using challenges on things that definitely wont work, losing a timeout in the second half?

The coaching is a real problem. Same problems as last year.

Caleb grew again this game. More rhythm throws from the pocket than Justin had all year.

But they blitzed him all over the place. We did nothing to counter it - no screens, no slants, no draws.

We got waaaay outcoached.

Morgan did pretty good under Getsy from a run blocking perspective. I think Waldron hasn’t figured his unit out yet. He may just suck - I don’t know but he leaves a lot to be desired thus far. 

Oline was awful..Caleb wasn’t good but he was better than the previous week and damn did he take some shots. You can see he still needs to build chemistry with his wideouts etc. 

At least we saw Kmet a bit..every time he was targeted something good happened. 

11 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Morgan did pretty good under Getsy from a run blocking perspective. I think Waldron hasn’t figured his unit out yet. He may just suck - I don’t know but he leaves a lot to be desired thus far. 

Oline was awful..Caleb wasn’t good but he was better than the previous week and damn did he take some shots. You can see he still needs to build chemistry with his wideouts etc. 

At least we saw Kmet a bit..every time he was targeted something good happened. 

Did you see the look on Moores face in the 4th after a miss throw/route.  It was a look of disgust and maybe regret for signing.  They are not on the same page and it will take a lot of work to get there. 

22 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

The reason our running stats were good last year was the extra yards Justin added.

I think Morgan is asking the line to do things that arent realistic. Just block the guy in front of you, or pull a guard and stop pulling tackles and tight ends its not real football, and it takes too long to get there.

2 games is a small sample size to judge a full season. The offense is a problem because of many factors and play calling is one of them. If we judge everything by 2 games then CW is a failure too but tha'ts not how you do that. Baltimore and Cinn  are 0-2, SF, Detroit. Miami, and Dallas are 1-1. We need to gage this in one month from today. 

How does this get fixed? Waldron has to do better, the players we have on the OL has to play better because there is no calvery coming unless Bates and Kiran can get healthy soon.

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

The reason our running stats were good last year was the extra yards Justin added.

I think Morgan is asking the line to do things that arent realistic. Just block the guy in front of you, or pull a guard and stop pulling tackles and tight ends its not real football, and it takes too long to get there.

Also, it depends on the opponent. This week was not the week to try and have Kmet come across the line to block one of the best Edge players in the game. You are right though, everything needs to be dumbed down. 

The crowd noise caused a lot of issues too with timing. 

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

2 games is a small sample size to judge a full season. The offense is a problem because of many factors and play calling is one of them. If we judge everything by 2 games then CW is a failure too but tha'ts not how you do that. Baltimore and Cinn  are 0-2, SF, Detroit. Miami, and Dallas are 1-1. We need to gage this in one month from today. 

How does this get fixed? Waldron has to do better, the players we have on the OL has to play better because there is no calvery coming unless Bates and Kiran can get healthy soon.

On a macro level, losing by 6 to HOU with a chance to win the game on the last drive is probably a little ahead of schedule considering how bad the offense has looked.

On a micro level, it all starts up front. Very hard to gauge Waldron and Williams when there is not even league average protection. From some of the numbers, Williams was pressured at one of the highest rates in the last few years. 

The only positive I can say about this is - they are still 1-1, that is where I expected them to be at this point in the season.  They also just went up against 2 of the better defensive fronts they will face.  They got owned - but now lets see how they can pick themselves up and adjust. Lets see how Caleb can use these first 2 challenges to grow.  He was significantly better from Week 1 to Week 2.  Good...no...but he got the ball out in a hurry and while he still left big plays on the field...I'm confident he is going to start converting those (and sooner vs. later).  

They have a lot to clean-up, but he was getting ball out in a hurry in the non-blitz...huge improvement from week before.  Now he's got to work on the blitz and the hot reads, but he is changing plays at the line and still making largely pretty good reads and progressing through his reads.  Now we do need to keep him upright cause that is WAY too many hits for a QB to take and we are lucky he isn't getting put on IR after the beating he took yesterday.  

The offense needs to clean things up, especially in the run game...Herbert and Swift have shown they can run the ball - so I tend to think this is either scheme or execution...most likely both.  Maybe they have gotten overly complex....but probably need to simplify the block schemes a bit. 

4 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

The only positive I can say about this is - they are still 1-1, that is where I expected them to be at this point in the season.  They also just went up against 2 of the better defensive fronts they will face.  They got owned - but now lets see how they can pick themselves up and adjust. Lets see how Caleb can use these first 2 challenges to grow.  He was significantly better from Week 1 to Week 2.  Good...no...but he got the ball out in a hurry and while he still left big plays on the field...I'm confident he is going to start converting those (and sooner vs. later).  

They have a lot to clean-up, but he was getting ball out in a hurry in the non-blitz...huge improvement from week before.  Now he's got to work on the blitz and the hot reads, but he is changing plays at the line and still making largely pretty good reads and progressing through his reads.  Now we do need to keep him upright cause that is WAY too many hits for a QB to take and we are lucky he isn't getting put on IR after the beating he took yesterday.  

The offense needs to clean things up, especially in the run game...Herbert and Swift have shown they can run the ball - so I tend to think this is either scheme or execution...most likely both.  Maybe they have gotten overly complex....but probably need to simplify the block schemes a bit. 

Agree , they just have to continue adjusting with scheme and players inproving. We have backups Murrauy and Pryor to go too if this week looks as bad. Kiwan is a month away from probably  helping us. WE DONT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS