Caleb Williams QBR Tracker

adam

I think CW showed flashes but when things were breaking down, was holding the ball to long. On several plays, a player was open quickly and held the ball to long that let the pressure get to him. It is just a growth process and he is way to talented to judge in two games. 

We dealt with the same thing last yr with Justin. He showed flashes but held the ball to long on to many plays. You either look at the positive or the negative side. As a player going threw a growing period, he is going to do both.

This was huge progress. Mistakes sure but 363 yards…most by a Bears qb in 16 years. Oh and until Dak surpassed him it was the most yards in the NFL in any one start. 

Caleb has work and he will make mistakes but he is learning and I’m excited. I said in this first quarter of the season I wanted a 300 yard game…box checked…next up a 3TD game. 

27 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

This was huge progress. Mistakes sure but 363 yards…most by a Bears qb in 16 years. Oh and until Dak surpassed him it was the most yards in the NFL in any one start. 

Caleb has work and he will make mistakes but he is learning and I’m excited. I said in this first quarter of the season I wanted a 300 yard game…box checked…next up a 3TD game. 

I like the way youre thinking.

55 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

He needed a stat day, check.  He now needs to put it together earlier.  I know growing pains are expected but watching these games, we want to see wins or even domination.  It will be a long year

I also think that when Caleb gets a little more cred (which could be very soon) he will start telling Waldron which plays he likes and which ones he doesnt.

That may be the "outside voice" we need

And if you doubt that Caleb would have that kind of power, consider that although it should never come to this, if Caleb and Waldron cant get along, it will be Waldron who gets fired.

QBR still hates Williams, mainly due to the INTs. He had a 35.8 QBR against the Colts. Richardson had a 17.6 and won. 

Williams now has a 26.5 QBR for the season, which is only higher than Bryce Young and DeMassage Watson.

An interesting find while looking at QBR, Goff is off this year, he is at a 34.1. His last two seasons, he was above 60.

18 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Jayden Daniel's looked like Stroud tonight. Night and day difference how a QB can look without seeing pressure nonstop. Flus might need to hand the d coordinator job to Washington so he can get a handle on the offense. 

I dont think Flus would know hwat to do if he was OC. I really dont. And that is not Ok for a HC.

7 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Jayden Daniel's looked like Stroud tonight. Night and day difference how a QB can look without seeing pressure nonstop. Flus might need to hand the d coordinator job to Washington so he can get a handle on the offense. 

Amazing what it looks like when you are only pressured 4 times. Funny enough that 2 of those plays ended up in sacks, yet Cincy decided that they would just rush 4 the rest of the game. 

Honestly, that makes Caleb's 363 yard game look even better. He was pressured at a ridiculous rate and still threw for more than 65 yards more than Daniels, which if you watched the game, it sounded like he threw for 1000 yards and 22 TDs. Watching the game he has 2 amazing throws to McLaurin. One difference was McLaurin caught the balls. 

I never doubted Daniels experience or skill, it was his frame and willingness to run. He will get hurt. He is like Johnny Knox at QB. It is just a matter of time in the NFL with that type of build. 

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I dont think Flus would know hwat to do if he was OC. I really dont. And that is not Ok for a HC.

I think we would be running the ball much better right now and have a strong defense. We are  doing one of those.

11 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Kingsbury has him playing smart, efficient football. I disagree that he looks like Stroud. If you watch Daniels play, he's still very much a 1 read/take off and run QB. The good news is that his 1st read is almost always open because most of his throws are not going beyond 15 yards of the LOS. They sprinkle in a few deep shots here and there, but WAS has done a good job of giving him a heavy dose of screens, quick hitches, and slants to get him into a rhythm. If the 1st option isn't there, he either dumps it off to a RB or he just takes off and runs for positive yardage nearly everytime. 

I'll be very curious to see how he adjusts when defenses begin to sit on the short stuff and do a better job of containing him in the pocket. Right now, it's working tremendously, but he's going to have to improve as a full field reader, like Stroud did, if he wants to sustain a long career in the NFL.

I see a lot of RGIII in his game with a little weaker arm. He looks too skinny to withstand the punishment he's taking on some of those hits. I don't think his body holds up long term, but for right now, things appear to be clicking.