Caleb Williams QBR Tracker

adam

15 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think Daniels is smoke and mirrors. His successes definitely say something good about the coaching in Washington, but i think that Daniels will be a bust in the NFL. Ive been saying that since i watched his pre-draft film, and what i saw continues to be the knock on him today - one read guy, doesnt really play the QB position.

When you say bust that makes me think, (out of the NFL) but he still could end up being a NFL starter and not be a top 10 QB. If a coach can get him to play well as a rookie I only see him getting better. If the season ended today, he would be rookie of the year.

Now I think Caleb will be a better QB in the long run if that was your meaning.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think Daniels is smoke and mirrors. His successes definitely say something good about the coaching in Washington, but i think that Daniels will be a bust in the NFL. Ive been saying that since i watched his pre-draft film, and what i saw continues to be the knock on him today - one read guy, doesnt really play the QB position.

The weird piece is he has won 4 out of 5 Pepsi Rookie of the Week awards and has yet to throw for 300 yards. That is wild to me, especially with what Caleb did, and what Brian Thomas and Nabers have been doing. 

Once defenses adjust, you will see a pretty steep decline.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

When you say bust that makes me think, (out of the NFL) but he still could end up being a NFL starter and not be a top 10 QB. If a coach can get him to play well as a rookie I only see him getting better. If the season ended today, he would be rookie of the year.

Daniels has thrown the 2nd most passes behind the LOS and looks to be a single read QB where they have just cut the field in half for him (like Trubisky). That can work for a few weeks but eventually defenses adjust. Looking at his passing chart, if teams shade or overload to his right, he is going to struggle as a passer. 

7 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I mean that he wont win a superbowl, and that he wont be a top ten QB after defenses adjust to him.

I call that a bust for a 2nd overall pick?

But youre right, he will be in the league, but he wont have a top 5 contract ever.

11 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I mean that he wont win a superbowl, and that he wont be a top ten QB after defenses adjust to him.

I call that a bust for a 2nd overall pick?

But youre right, he will be in the league, but he wont have a top 5 contract ever.

I think he's gonna be pretty good.

9 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I think he's gonna be pretty good.

well thats what makes horse races. I know his stats have been good, but he is still a one read QB that mostly passes to the right. I dont see him looking off safeties, or going through progressions. To me, he looks like a lighter Justin Fields.

On 10/11/2024 at 2:12 PM, BearFan PHX said:

It's very possible Daniels may be the next RG3, but without the injuries. Dynamite rookie year, then drops off dramatically. 

Last 5 weeks: 

21.3 > 35.1 > 38.6 > 84.0 > 88.2 

This week, Caleb had a raw QBR of 93.7, which currently leads the NFL.He had the highest QBR last week too.

They haven't computed his season QBR, but he had a 45.0 last week and with an 88.2, that should bump him over 50.0 for the first time this season, which would make him a top 20 QB based on QBR. - looks like it only bumped him up to 45.8. I have no clue how that game only boosted his season QBR up by 0.8. 

4 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Yeah, and if you only look at the last 4 games, he is top 5 in pretty much every category. 

In his last 4, the Bears are 3-1, he is 93-133, 70.0%, 1,050 yds, 7.9 Y/A, 9 TD, 3 INT, 110 rushing yds, 290 Total Yards per game.

1 hour ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

On this I totally agree but I measure it based on my "nervous feelings" a lifetime Bears fan has had every time we get into the redzone.  Oddly those bad vibes seem to have just gone away in the last couple games.   

On 10/12/2024 at 4:41 AM, adam said:

The weird piece is he has won 4 out of 5 Pepsi Rookie of the Week awards and has yet to throw for 300 yards. That is wild to me, especially with what Caleb did, and what Brian Thomas and Nabers have been doing. 

Once defenses adjust, you will see a pretty steep decline.

Two things can be true. Caleb can be a really good rookie and end up being a stud as can Daniels. 

I don’t care who is better at this point - just that Caleb becomes great and I love what I have seen 6 weeks in. 

Daniels is a bad ass too and easy to root for. That Washington game after the bye is going to be nuts. Two stud rookie qbs. 

27 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Two things can be true. Caleb can be a really good rookie and end up being a stud as can Daniels. 

I don’t care who is better at this point - just that Caleb becomes great and I love what I have seen 6 weeks in. 

Daniels is a bad ass too and easy to root for. That Washington game after the bye is going to be nuts. Two stud rookie qbs. 

Both rooks should be hyper dialed to beat each other.  Daniels hasn't seen a secondary like ours yet.  Got my popcorn cooking...

42 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Both rooks should be hyper dialed to beat each other.  Daniels hasn't seen a secondary like ours yet.  Got my popcorn cooking...

Hopefully we are fully heathy but its his running Im worried about. Sweat is a good run defender but worry about the left side when Walker moves inside.

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

It would honestly be super fun if all of the QBs were good and we had 15-20 years of QB rivalries, like the Rodgers-Manning-Brady-Rivers-BigBen, and you could probably throw Ryan in there. 

Maye didn't look bad for his first start and they keep throwing Nix back out there. 

Even with that terrible first game with low raw stats, Williams is still top 15 in most QB categories and hitting the top 10 in a few:

13th Passing Yards
7th Passing TDs
8th Completions
12th First Downs

11 hours ago, adam said:

Even with that terrible first game with low raw stats, Williams is still top 15 in most QB categories and hitting the top 10 in a few:

13th Passing Yards
7th Passing TDs
8th Completions
12th First Downs

Not to reopen old wounds, but Justin Fields was in the bottom 3rd of the league in each one of these stats all 3 years of his Bears career. It's refreshing to see a Bears quarterback is no longer in the basement of his peers when it comes to passing.

31 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Not to reopen old wounds, but Justin Fields was in the bottom 3rd of the league in each one of these stats all 3 years of his Bears career. It's refreshing to see a Bears quarterback is no longer in the basement of his peers when it comes to passing.

so true, and not just JF, but Trubisky too. Cutler had some good stats but he wasnt a winner his heart wasnt in it.

The last good QB the Bears had was Erik Kramer, and Caleb is looking like his future is much brighter, frankly, than any Bears QB ever.

1 hour ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

But he was top 3 in rushing for a QB? 

One other little cool thing I noticed about Caleb, he actually throws the ball away instead of taking a random sack or running out of bounds behind the LOS like Fields used to do.

Out of all the frustrating things that Fields did, taking the sack or running out of bounds (for a sack) instead of just tossing it out of bounds always puzzled me.

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

so true, and not just JF, but Trubisky too. Cutler had some good stats but he wasnt a winner his heart wasnt in it.

i don't agree that cutler's heart wasn't in it and as far as being a winner, brady or any other HOF qb, would have failed here. It was ridiculous coaching all around, especially with martz getting rid of a pro bowl TE that was cutlers biggest weapon. add to that from the moment he got here the offensive line was one of the worst i have ever seen. he was running for his life at the snap of the ball. the sacks were astronomical.

he got a bad rap from the media because he didn't play ball with them. cutler wasn't as good as the hype when we got him but he certainly could have been a very good qb if we would have had a decent team surrounding him.

he was a tough qb who took a punishing beating here, even worse than carr in texas.

5 hours ago, Lucky Luciano said:

i don't agree that cutler's heart wasn't in it and as far as being a winner, brady or any other HOF qb, would have failed here. It was ridiculous coaching all around, especially with martz getting rid of a pro bowl TE that was cutlers biggest weapon. add to that from the moment he got here the offensive line was one of the worst i have ever seen. he was running for his life at the snap of the ball. the sacks were astronomical.

he got a bad rap from the media because he didn't play ball with them. cutler wasn't as good as the hype when we got him but he certainly could have been a very good qb if we would have had a decent team surrounding him.

he was a tough qb who took a punishing beating here, even worse than carr in texas.

fair enough. I remember him as emotionally distant and checked out, but I agree that his numbers were better than anyone else we had after Kramer.

18 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

fair enough. I remember him as emotionally distant and checked out, but I agree that his numbers were better than anyone else we had after Kramer.

remember martz calling all of those 7 step drops? with the offensive line being so bad the qb had absolutely no time to take the drop and set. in fact he didn't even have 2 or 3 steps before defensive linemen from every direction were chasing him down. orlando pace? that was their big acquisition? he was used up and injured when we got him. martz's greatest show on turf was laughable in chicago. martz was also toast by the time he got here.

the relief valve for cutler getting the ball out in a hurry was olsen who cutler had a great rapport.