adam

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Thought this was interesting. Definitely matches the eye test, too. Caleb has been scanning the field and Daniels has been throwing to his 1st read nearly 80% of the time, though with crazy efficiency.

and the passing chart with 70% of his passes to the right. They have also cut the field in half for him. 

Daniels, who has won multiple rookie and offense player of the week honors, getting MVP consideration and supposedly already a lock for OROY:

1,404 yds passing, 6 passing TDs against the 20th Pressure Rate and the 16th Deep%. 

Williams has 1,317 yds, 9 TD against the 5th highest Pressure Rate and who is 3rd in Deep%. 

On the Prime pregame broadcast of TNF, they said that Caleb Williams is the first quarterback picked #1 in the draft to win four out of his first six games since 1967 (the year I graduated from high school, LOL).

By that I am assuming Caleb is the only #1 QB selected in the modern era after the merger of the AFL & NFL to achieve that distinction.

How cool is that!

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

On the Prime pregame broadcast of TNF, they said that Caleb Williams is the first quarterback picked #1 in the draft to win four out of his first six games since 1967 (the year I graduated from high school, LOL).

By that I am assuming Caleb is the only #1 QB selected in the modern era after the merger of the AFL & NFL to achieve that distinction.

How cool is that!

its amazing to see him growing. He's already a pretty good QB, in the last 3 weeks hes in the top 5, but you can see that he has a long way to go before he reaches a ceiling. how good can he get? This is gonna be fun to watch!

10 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

its amazing to see him growing. He's already a pretty good QB, in the last 3 weeks hes in the top 5, but you can see that he has a long way to go before he reaches a ceiling. how good can he get? This is gonna be fun to watch!

and just think of that with an improved O-Line?

21 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

After watching the film of the last game he's already proving the point that having the right QB makes up for mistakes around him.   Unblocked DE on 3rd and goal....just stand there calmly with the guy in your face and throw a strike on a fade route to Allen right over the DBs head.  

43 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

After watching the film of the last game he's already proving the point that having the right QB makes up for mistakes around him.   Unblocked DE on 3rd and goal....just stand there calmly with the guy in your face and throw a strike on a fade route to Allen right over the DBs head.  

As we are all learning (later than most maybe) the NFL is ALL about the QB. And there are almost none that actually GOOD.

I think we have one :)

11 hours ago, adam said:

and just think of that with an improved O-Line?

The next 10 - 15 years are going to be amazing to watch. And we all watched this story for so many years, when it finally pays off, it's gonna feel So good.

13 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

As we are all learning (later than most maybe) the NFL is ALL about the QB. And there are almost none that actually GOOD.

I think we have one :)

The next 10 - 15 years are going to be amazing to watch. And we all watched this story for so many years, when it finally pays off, it's gonna feel So good.

Did you see that Thursday Night barn burner? That was such a terrible game, and even though the Broncos handily beat the Saints, it was not because of Nix. 

These are the two best plays to depict the TNF game:

and

3 hours ago, adam said:

Did you see that Thursday Night barn burner? That was such a terrible game, and even though the Broncos handily beat the Saints, it was not because of Nix. 

These are the two best plays to depict the TNF game:

and

yikes.

that is scary. I am SO glad that isnt us.

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Drake Maye 16-37, 70.3%, 276 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT against JAX. Wow what an amazing game for the rookie.

However, what they won't tell you is 135 yards and 1 TD came in the 4th quarter down 15 with the Jaguars playing prevent.

yup - without context, stats are lies :)

thats why you gotta watch the game, and really you gotta watch the all 22, preferably each play 3 or 4 times to see the line, and understand the play that was called.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

yup - without context, stats are lies :)

thats why you gotta watch the game, and really you gotta watch the all 22, preferably each play 3 or 4 times to see the line, and understand the play that was called.

Yeah, the narratives are crazy. If you watch it like you said, Caleb looks even better. He has maybe one or two brain farts a game, but then the other 95% is literally top 5 level QBing. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Drake Maye 16-37, 70.3%, 276 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT against JAX. Wow what an amazing game for the rookie.

However, what they won't tell you is 135 yards and 1 TD came in the 4th quarter down 15 with the Jaguars playing prevent.

The way I see it, (without having to watch all-22 tapes multiple times), Maye has thrown 5 TDs in his first two games, some against prevent defenses, with a group of WRs that would have trouble making our starting lineup. What is his future? Hell, no one knows. Too early to tell. He certainly will not be as good as Caleb. But I am not going to discount his success to date. Hell, 5 TDs in his first two games with inferior support. How many TDs did Caleb throw in his first two games with an all-star lineup of WRs?

25 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah, the narratives are crazy. If you watch it like you said, Caleb looks even better. He has maybe one or two brain farts a game, but then the other 95% is literally top 5 level QBing. 

I totally agree!

23 minutes ago, Pixote said:

The way I see it, (without having to watch all-22 tapes multiple times)

yeah there are lots of articles to read, and narratives to follow. But there really is no substitute for watching the game on the all 22, otherwise you never know whats real and whats a narrative. Most people dont do that, so theres lots of people walking around repeating opinions they read, but the film itself is really the only truth.

For example, I have my opinions about Jayden Daniels. I watched some college tape on him, and Ive seen some highlights of him in the NFL. But the truth is I dont really know, because i didnt watch the all 22.

2 hours ago, Pixote said:

The way I see it, (without having to watch all-22 tapes multiple times), Maye has thrown 5 TDs in his first two games, some against prevent defenses, with a group of WRs that would have trouble making our starting lineup. What is his future? Hell, no one knows. Too early to tell. He certainly will not be as good as Caleb. But I am not going to discount his success to date. Hell, 5 TDs in his first two games with inferior support. How many TDs did Caleb throw in his first two games with an all-star lineup of WRs?

I think Maye will be solid, like a better version of Davis Mills with a shorter neck.

If you look at his first start, it was the same thing. Down by 20 pts late in the 3rd, then he gets 100+ yards and 2 TDs in garbage time when the team loses by 20.  So half of his current stats and 3 of his TDs have come in garbage time.

The difference between first games is hard to compare because one was Week 1 and one was Week 6. That's a huge difference to be able to sit for over a month before having to start. 

49 minutes ago, adam said:

Daniels vs CAR, 6 passing yards, 0 TD, 0 INT. 

Williams vs CAR, 304 passing yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.

LOL perfect example. the stats are totally one sided, but then again, if you watch the film (and in this case, it doesnt have to be the all 22! lol) you discover that he went out injured in the first quarter.

A lot of people have said hes too slight to take the hits, and they may be right. I tried to avoid that criticism and just look at his skills as a pocket passer. But the people who worried about injuries are already getting their argument somewhat validated apparently.

5 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

LOL perfect example. the stats are totally one sided, but then again, if you watch the film (and in this case, it doesnt have to be the all 22! lol) you discover that he went out injured in the first quarter.

A lot of people have said hes too slight to take the hits, and they may be right. I tried to avoid that criticism and just look at his skills as a pocket passer. But the people who worried about injuries are already getting their argument somewhat validated apparently.

That was my biggest gripe with him. He is too comfortable running, but in the NFL players are faster and bigger.  When I saw Jalen Carter lift Daniels up with one arm on a sack, that was enough for me.  Very few players as skinny as him are in the NFL running as much as he does. The difference is muscle and fat can absorb hits, but when you are skinny, it is tendon, ligaments, and bones that take all the hits. 

6 hours ago, adam said:

He also had 2 dropped interceptions go right through the defender's hands on back to back series. It wasn't as good of a game as the stats indicate.

I'll give him a little credit, though, because I thought he'd look MUCH worse. I just can't see that slow delivery work, long-term, at the NFL level. 

15 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

He also had 2 dropped interceptions go right through the defender's hands on back to back series. It wasn't as good of a game as the stats indicate.

I'll give him a little credit, though, because I thought he'd look MUCH worse. I just can't see that slow delivery work, long-term, at the NFL level. 

In a weird way, he is a like a mix between Fields and Trubisky.