Week 4 Official Game Thread - LAR @CHI, 9/29, 12pm, CHI -3, FOX

adam

Puka on IR, Kupp going to be limited at best if he doesn't miss the game.  Rams playing in the late slot on Sunday, then having to travel from LA to CHI. So Bears are going to have a rest edge. 

Rams are one of the worst teams in the NFL, especially with the injuries. The Bears lost against the Colts, but the Colts didn't win the game.

At 1-2, this becomes an early must win as falling to 1-3 starts makes a huge hole to dig out of so early in the season. 

I feel like the Bears will rebound and play much better with home cooking. Bears 27-13.

• adam featured and pinned this topic
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, adam said:

Puka on IR, Kupp going to be limited at best if he doesn't miss the game.  Rams playing in the late slot on Sunday, then having to travel from LA to CHI. So Bears are going to have a rest edge. 

Rams are one of the worst teams in the NFL, especially with the injuries. The Bears lost against the Colts, but the Colts didn't win the game.

At 1-2, this becomes an early must win as falling to 1-3 starts makes a huge hole to dig out of so early in the season. 

I feel like the Bears will rebound and play much better with home cooking. Bears 27-13.

Watching another Bears rookie QB really tests my patience at times.  Give me more 4th quarter Caleb taking the short to intermediate stuff and less 3rd quarter Caleb tossing deep passes over the head of a WR who could have had an easy first down.  

It's early in LA, but the Rams are already down 14-0 and SF has the ball. Kyren Williams is their only offensive threat and their defense can't stop 2nd and 3rd string skill position players. SF doesn't have McCaffrey, Deebo, or Kittle and they are still scoring at will. 

Rams might be a tougher game than I originally expected coming into the week. They somehow beat a good 49'ers team, albeit a team missing about as many critical starters as the Rams, and completed a nice comeback.

I still think the Bears should have an advantage playing at home against a severely undermanned team. Bears defense is really going to have to do a better job stopping the run against Williams, because he's their only real threat on offense with Kupp and Nakua out.

You hope that Caleb's progress continues to be as linear as it has, so far. He's gotten more comfortable in every game, going from awful in week 1, to bad in week 2, to maybe just below average this week. An average game with more TD's than turnovers is what I'm hoping for next week. That should be enough to win.

Defensive Rankings:

HOU - 6th, IND - 17th, TEN - 18th

LAR - 31st

So the Bears faced two average defenses and one really good defense. The Rams are the worst defense they will have faced thru 4 weeks. 

The Rams offense is ranked 17th, but that doesn't take into account the injuries to Puka and Kupp, who make up a majority of their offense.

Sean McVay said WR Cooper Kupp (ankle) will not be back on Sunday in Chicago.

McVay probably figures he won't need them to beat the Bears. You know what? He's probably right.

If they can win a game against SF without them, I see no reason to believe they can't beat us with their backup WRs.

Caleb is going to be blitzed early and often. Let's hope he can avoid being injured with our pitiful OL.

If you propagate Williams stats out another game, he should hit 400 yards and 4 TDs against the Rams. If the Bears get a lead early which they have not had, I think they blow the Rams out at home.

The Rams are coming off an emotional win at home. I feel like they will be a little burnt out from that game. This will be remembered as the Coleman Shelton revenge game, Bears 31-13.

38 minutes ago, adam said:

If you propagate Williams stats out another game, he should hit 400 yards and 4 TDs against the Rams. If the Bears get a lead early which they have not had, I think they blow the Rams out at home.

The Rams are coming off an emotional win at home. I feel like they will be a little burnt out from that game. This will be remembered as the Coleman Shelton revenge game, Bears 31-13.

Finally you got my attention, the Coleman Shelton revenge game. Actually they tried to resign him but we offered more money.

With Kupp and Puka out, their leading WRs are Tutu Atwell and DeMarcus Robinson. So they come into the game with the 7th best Passing offense, but a 1/3 of that production was Kupp alone.

On defense, the Rams give up 30.3 pts per game, have the worst defense in terms of yards against, 29th against the pass, and 31st against the rush. This is by far the worst defense the Bears have faced this year. They are tied for 28th in sacks with 4 and are tied for 29th with only 6 passes defended, and only 1 INT thru 3 games. If this is not a get right game for the offense, this is going to be an extremely long year of pain and suffering. 

On 9/23/2024 at 5:57 PM, Stinger226 said:

Finally you got my attention, the Coleman Shelton revenge game. Actually they tried to resign him but we offered more money.

Please don’t extrapolate the interceptions.  

The teams are loading the box  against us to stop the run. They are forcing us to pass to make CW beat us. I looked at the all 22 on last weeks game and they had 8-9 players in the box and the free safety 8 yds from scrimmage most of the day. Not excusing bad player execution but that had a big effect on the game. LA is bad and they are coming off a big game ( beating SF) , traveling and will be playing at 10 AM their time. Their coach and QB are better than ours but with 3 rookies starting on the line, this is not going to go well for the Rams.

4 hours ago, adam said:

With Kupp and Puka out, their leading WRs are Tutu Atwell and DeMarcus Robinson. So they come into the game with the 7th best Passing offense, but a 1/3 of that production was Kupp alone.

On defense, the Rams give up 30.3 pts per game, have the worst defense in terms of yards against, 29th against the pass, and 31st against the rush. This is by far the worst defense the Bears have faced this year. They are tied for 28th in sacks with 4 and are tied for 29th with only 6 passes defended, and only 1 INT thru 3 games. If this is not a get right game for the offense, this is going to be an extremely long year of pain and suffering. 

With the oline regressing which I thought was impossible, I have lost most of my positivity. I feel it is going to be an extremely long year of pain and suffering. 

I have been disappointed with Caleb play and thought he could show at least average play. He’s missed all types of throws and I’m worried that like last year the 2nd QB taken is the better player. 

I think that unless the defense and special teams can win games, our offense will struggle against anyone including the Rams on Sunday. I hope I’m wrong. I was expecting the Bears to be in the playoffs or just outside, and that seems a stretch now. 

Ive been watching the all 22 films, and I can tell you that Williams is getting better every week, and also hes doing all kinds of things right.

Daniels is being spoon fed a "read half of the field" kind of thing. Hes a one read and the run kind of guy.

we have the right QB, its just gonna take a little time. But there is a lot wrong with the offense, so it's harder to see, so I understand where youre coming from.

Caleb is probably the brightest spot on the offense.

AI results:

Conclusion: If you're looking for a prediction based on a synthesis of expert analysis, public sentiment, and odds, it's a close call, but the slight edge might go to the Bears due to their defensive advantage at home and the Rams' injury concerns.

Score Prediction: If we had to put numbers to this, considering the Bears' home advantage, the defense's reputation, and the Rams' injury concerns, a score prediction might look like Bears 24, Rams 17. This leans on the Bears winning but not overwhelmingly, respecting the Rams' capability to stay competitive due to quarterback play and coaching.

Bears win! Book it!

4 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

2-2 doesnt suck if we learn something.

On Yahoo, for the NFL Pick'em Contest, straight up, 73% of the people are picking the Rams.  On CBS, 58% are picking the Rams. On ESPN, it's 73% for Rams as well. That's close to a 70% average. If betting is going the same way, there is a lot of money on the Rams.  30% of the people are going to win a lot of money. 

9 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Ive been watching the all 22 films, and I can tell you that Williams is getting better every week, and also hes doing all kinds of things right.

Daniels is being spoon fed a "read half of the field" kind of thing. Hes a one read and the run kind of guy.

we have the right QB, its just gonna take a little time. But there is a lot wrong with the offense, so it's harder to see, so I understand where youre coming from.

Caleb is probably the brightest spot on the offense.

That's what I saw out of Daniels last week.  Plus he was very slow or uncertain on his reads.  It's still early but what I've seen of Caleb he's way ahead of what Daniels showed in Wk 3.  

21 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

That's what I saw out of Daniels last week.  Plus he was very slow or uncertain on his reads.  It's still early but what I've seen of Caleb he's way ahead of what Daniels showed in Wk 3.  

I totally agree. I still think Daniels will bust out, but you can build a very specific offense for him if youre willing to only do certain things, but i dont see winning a superbowl with him.

Caleb is actually looking better every week and doing the big boy in-pocket things a lot of QBs never do, looking off the safety etc etc

9 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I totally agree. I still think Daniels will bust out, but you can build a very specific offense for him if youre willing to only do certain things, but i dont see winning a superbowl with him.

Caleb is actually looking better every week and doing the big boy in-pocket things a lot of QBs never do, looking off the safety etc etc

Actually both can be successful. You are right they are doing things in Daniels wheelhouse that allows him to suceed now . We have given everything to CW to learn and that's why he has struggled but the ceiling is the target , not his floor. Its a work in progress.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Actually both can be successful. You are right they are doing things in Daniels wheelhouse that allows him to suceed now . We have given everything to CW to learn and that's why he has struggled but the ceiling is the target , not his floor. Its a work in progress.

I agree with all of this except the first sentence. I mean, yes it is possible both can succeed, but I just dont believe in Daniels as a real NFL QB.

12 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I agree with all of this except the first sentence. I mean, yes it is possible both can succeed, but I just dont believe in Daniels as a real NFL QB.

That's fine. I knew you were down on Daniels before the draft. However, I still feel he is the real deal IF HE CAN AVOID INJURY ISSUES.

The only concern I have is that he needs to bulk up with some muscle, or his body will not be able to withstand the beating NFL quarterbacks take.

If physical durability is taken out of the question, I think he can be a top-15 quarterback going forward.

I still hope Caleb can become a top-5 NFL quarterback, but his accuracy and ball security concern me.