Week 4 Official Game Thread - LAR @CHI, 9/29, 12pm, CHI -3, FOX

adam

45 minutes ago, Pixote said:

That's fine. I knew you were down on Daniels before the draft. However, I still feel he is the real deal IF HE CAN AVOID INJURY ISSUES.

The only concern I have is that he needs to bulk up with some muscle, or his body will not be able to withstand the beating NFL quarterbacks take.

If physical durability is taken out of the question, I think he can be a top-15 quarterback going forward.

I still hope Caleb can become a top-5 NFL quarterback, but his accuracy and ball security concern me.

well thats what makes horse races. In time we will have answers of course :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Pixote said:

That's fine. I knew you were down on Daniels before the draft. However, I still feel he is the real deal IF HE CAN AVOID INJURY ISSUES.

The only concern I have is that he needs to bulk up with some muscle, or his body will not be able to withstand the beating NFL quarterbacks take.

If physical durability is taken out of the question, I think he can be a top-15 quarterback going forward.

I still hope Caleb can become a top-5 NFL quarterback, but his accuracy and ball security concern me.

Yeah durability is the concern. Daniels can definitely be a top 10-15 QB annually as long as he stays healthy. 

What we have seen so far from this regime is CW is special, develop him. Our offense has been geared to the CW passing offense that we will see in the near future. It has not worked so far because of poor execution, poor QB play, lack of a running game. CW has some wow plays but also some poor decision plays. 5 TOs in 3 games is a bad stat foe any QB.  This is what a rookie QB being developed looks like. Everyone looks at a game from Daniels and last yr from Stoud but those are not the norm. This team turned the starter role to CW right away, they have given him the full plate of plays to develop him and this is what itv looks like so far. 

The Bears are all in on CW and as he improves every week we will have some ugly wins and losses. When he is up to speed , he will look good for the whole game not a handful of plays. We will discover a running game when they accept CW as a threat and lanes open up for running as the defense worries about our 5 weapons on offense. I think the coaches have to adjust to each game but the end game is to develop CW and they are doing that. 

1 minute ago, ChileBear said:

#rd and 4 and they throw a pass 5 yards behind the LOS. That's being aggressive? What a putz call.

Yeah, that's on Waldron. Stretch them out, all those short plays and they have 9-10 in the box. 

50 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah durability is the concern. Daniels can definitely be a top 10-15 QB annually as long as he stays healthy. 

I agree with you about 99.99% of the time. We disagree about this one. Time will tell :)

about the game - why would you gamble a 3rd down on Odunze's blocking ability?

Also, I think Swift is more of a home run hitter than Roschon Johnson, but I think Roschon's vision in traffic is superior. Swift could have taken different angles, and fallen forward for an extra yard on each of his runs, and thats the difference between 3rd and 3 and 3rd and 5.

Screens never worked unless you use them once per game. Not once per drive.

Max Protect that allows 2 free rushers is a problem. 

Looks like nothing has changed unfortunately.

Can we just have a normal offense that throws a variety of passes beyond the LOS?

1 minute ago, adam said:

Screens never worked unless you use them once per game. Not once per drive.

Max Protect that allows 2 free rushers is a problem. 

Looks like nothing has changed unfortunately.

Can we just have a normal offense that throws a variety of passes beyond the LOS?

A freakin MEN

When we blitz, they throw the slant behind it. Its only worked for 50 years...

This game will come down to the end of the game and will live or die on mistakes. Rams will produce yardage but have a tough time scoring TDs. We will have a tough time looking good on offense but will be in to the game at the end. Hopefully we win.

2 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

No discipline on the OL==penalties==piss poor coaching.

absolutely.

you can hear the crowd is loving Caleb and Roschon, and booing the line and the playcalling.

Wow this team is bad. Anyone wanna reconsider Pole's roster construction with this O-Line? Keeping Flus? Hiring Waldron? This all starts with Poles and ends with Flus and the coaching staff.

Where are all the quick routes? Get the ball out of Williams hands. This is not rocket science. 

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Wow this team is bad. Anyone wanna reconsider Pole's roster construction with this O-Line? Keeping Flus? Hiring Waldron? This all starts with Poles and ends with Flus and the coaching staff.

Where are all the quick routes? Get the ball out of Williams hands. This is not rocket science. 

right. In fact, the Rams are showing us exactly how to do it. They arent good, they have guys injured, but they look like football.