Week 5 Official Game Thread - CAR at CHI, Sun, Oct 6, 12pm CDT, FOX, CHI -4.5, O/U 43.5

adam

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

Murray is doing a lot of good things. Watch him if you can. If he can be a good starter for us, that would add something unexpected to our troubled OL.

Murray over Jenkins
Pryor over Davis
Bates over Shelton
Kiran over Jones?

Maybe there is hope this year.

This game looks great because Caleb has "some" time. Imagine if we could give him a pocket consistently?

The Ol is not going from bad to good in one week, but progress matters, one game at a time

6 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The Ol is not going from bad to good in one week, but progress matters, one game at a time

Im saying Bill Murray is doing great out there, and Bates is coming back. Maybe Kiran will surprise us and displace Jones.

Pryor is already doing better than Davis, even though he still has some issues.

I dont see this as "they will work hard and get a little better" Im talking about better players in there.

Anyway, watch Murray and see how he is. He's new in there. And he WILL get better with experience.

I think Jenkins will not get resigned for any kind of real money.

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Damn Moore, that would've put Williams over 300 yards passing. Way too many drops today.

yeah it's rare to see him drop one like that.

Are you guys watching Murray at LG at the snap? He looks really good.

10 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah it's rare to see him drop one like that.

Are you guys watching Murray at LG at the snap? He looks really good.

Shelton is also not playing terrible. 

5 TDs is nice. The defense needs to shut this thing down and not let any garbage time TDs. I hate those.

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Shelton is also not playing terrible. 

5 TDs is nice. The defense needs to shut this thing down and not let any garbage time TDs. I hate those.

yes, so maybe we need to see Murray against a better DL?

I hate garbage TDs too, but we have our second stringers in right now. I wonder what we will do on offense.

8 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

Strange to see the Bears going for 2 pts. I would have took the extra point and pulled Williams in case he got an injury. 

Williams did strain something in his leg, maybe we will see Bagent.

Either way, it'll be heavy on the run now. 4 min offense and all that.

9 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

Strange to see the Bears going for 2 pts. I would have took the extra point and pulled Williams in case he got an injury. 

They need the practice, low risk if they don't get it. 

BEARS WIN!

Very solid game all around minus a few plays (drops, penalties, and the one play they over pursued on defense).

Another win, not allowing 20 pts. 

Another home win.

Williams now has 2x 300 yard passing games in his last 3 games. 

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic
24 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

That was fun - 5 games in - 2 300 yard games and 3-2. Love it!!! Work to do but every week I see progress!!! 

3 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Good win vs a team we're supposed to beat.  I'm liking the growth. On to next week.

yes and yes. Go Bears!

Caleb will paint his nails with Packer tears :)

Jordan Love throws into triple coverage, and somehow Reed catches it. Then he throws a terrible pick-6 trying to avoid a safety. He is not a good QB, he just gets incredibly lucky. Outside of that ridiculous bomb, he is 4-10 with 19 yards, 1 INT (Pick-6). 

Bears did what they were supposed to do to the Colts a few weeks ago. Beat a bad team. Easily Caleb's best game of the season. Could have had an even better stat line had it not been for drops and penalties. A little frustrating he couldn't get that 3rd TD pass, but nonetheless, he played really well.

Waldron has clearly unlocked something with the no-huddle offense. The run game has been thriving in it; less so when they aren't in no-huddle. Caleb looks very comfortable in the pocket. The OL actually blocked well for him in this game. Swift had a couple of really nice blitz pickups, one that lead to the 1st DJ Moore TD, the other on a bogus hold that wasn't a hold. All in all, outside of the penalties, you have to like what you saw from the offense in the last 6 quarters of football.\

Defensively, the run defense really needs to get cleaned up quickly. They aren't going to get away with this against the better teams.

Bears should be expected to win again next week against another bad team, though London games are always weird. 4-2 going into the bye, with an extra week to prepare against Daniels and the Commanders. How bout' it?

2 hours ago, adam said:

Jordan Love throws into triple coverage, and somehow Reed catches it. Then he throws a terrible pick-6 trying to avoid a safety. He is not a good QB, he just gets incredibly lucky. Outside of that ridiculous bomb, he is 4-10 with 19 yards, 1 INT (Pick-6). 

100%. It's frustrating to watch him pad his stats on so many of these catch and runs or insane catches. He's clearly regressed from where he was at the end of last year. Much more turnover prone, less accurate. Their defense is pretty much all too reliant on turnovers. Maybe it'll continue, maybe it won't. All I know is that I see a very vulnerable team if the quarterback can't protect the football.

This wasnt a good team but good teams blows out bad teams and we did that. We have a defense that has 21 or less in the last 10 games we played. points against average. 16.1 

12-10

28-13

17-20

27-16

9-17

24-17

13-19

16-21

24-18

36-10

11 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

This wasnt a good team but good teams blows out bad teams and we did that. We have a defense that has 21 or less in the last 10 games we played. points against average. 16.1 

12-10

28-13

17-20

27-16

9-17

24-17

13-19

16-21

24-18

36-10

yeah 10 games is not a Fluske

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

This is worth watching, thru 4 games Panthers OL only gave up 1 sack and 7 pressures all year. 

Dexter and Billings have been elite. Dexter is a top 5 Pass Rushing DT and Billings is top 12 for pass rush and top 15 overall. That is rare to have 2x in the top 30, let alone top 15. 

Then you have DeMarcus Walker and Darrell Taylor have overperformed while Sweat has been slightly less productive but not terrible. 

PFF has the Bears rated as the 2nd best defense (by grade), behind only PIT and tied with DET. 

The only weakness is the leaky run defense, when they overpursue. The LBs and Safeties have to be on the same sheet of music on those outside zone runs. It always seems like the offense has extra blockers or ones where they can take out two defenders when the runner cuts back.