Moore - 55 snaps
Kmet - 54 snaps
Odunze - 47 snaps
Allen - 41 snaps
Swift - 38 snaps
Johnson - 22 snaps
Carter - 0 offensive snaps

Bad:

Everett - 20 snaps (good for the offense, but this looks like a terrible signing, should've kept Bates)
Herbert  - 0 offensive snaps (has to be on the trading block?)
Scott - 2 snaps (disappointing 4th Round pick)
Velus - healthy scratch (they have to be preventing his trade value from falling any further)
Amegadjie - 0 snaps this season (waste of a 3rd Round pick when they needed a Day 1 contributor)

12 hours ago, adam said:

Bad:

Everett - 20 snaps (good for the offense, but this looks like a terrible signing, should've kept Bates)
Herbert  - 0 offensive snaps (has to be on the trading block?)
Scott - 2 snaps (disappointing 4th Round pick)
Velus - healthy scratch (they have to be preventing his trade value from falling any further)
Amegadjie - 0 snaps this season (waste of a 3rd Round pick when they needed a Day 1 contributor)

I wonder what the deal is with Scott?  After the last preseason game, it was mentioned on the Score that he must be in the doghouse because he played the entire game.  

Velus- how can he have any trade value? He has no hands, no position, and no confidence.  Right now, I'll take a bag of balls haha.  All kidding aside, I root for him to get his chance to shine and it happens for him.

Amegadje- with his injury, I think the Bears projected his absence the first 3-4 games. We have cleared those, so if a door opens, he better be ready. Not being available early on is crucial for a high pick, but securing the LT position is worth it even if it takes a year.  I'm okay with this so far. 

Yeah I wonder what's going on with Scott.

Velus is fast, but hasnt done much else. Maybe this speed HB thing works out for him. I dunno.

As for Amegadje, I think he was like a lot of mid round OL picks, who spend a red shirt year in the weight room and learning. I see him as competition for Braxton Jones. I think we figured Jones would hold it down until Kiran could take it from him (if he does).

We knew he was injured as I recall, and i remember hearing that he would have been a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick if he was ready to go, so it's a good future move, but it does seem like we could use him now.

Im very interested to see what happens when Ryan Bates is ready to get on the field too.

11 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I wonder what the deal is with Scott?  After the last preseason game, it was mentioned on the Score that he must be in the doghouse because he played the entire game.  

Velus- how can he have any trade value? He has no hands, no position, and no confidence.  Right now, I'll take a bag of balls haha.  All kidding aside, I root for him to get his chance to shine and it happens for him.

Amegadje- with his injury, I think the Bears projected his absence the first 3-4 games. We have cleared those, so if a door opens, he better be ready. Not being available early on is crucial for a high pick, but securing the LT position is worth it even if it takes a year.  I'm okay with this so far. 

Yeah, Scott is baffling, even after the acquisition of Allen. Carter is getting the offensive snaps over Scott. 

For Amegadjie, he better be really good then because you don't draft a guy knowing he is going to miss a quarter of the season to then have him on the bench, especially with the issues in the interior. They could've drafted a G or C. Another odd positional pick for Poles there.

11 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Yeah I wonder what's going on with Scott.

Velus is fast, but hasnt done much else. Maybe this speed HB thing works out for him. I dunno.

As for Amegadje, I think he was like a lot of mid round OL picks, who spend a red shirt year in the weight room and learning. I see him as competition for Braxton Jones. I think we figured Jones would hold it down until Kiran could take it from him (if he does).

We knew he was injured as I recall, and i remember hearing that he would have been a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick if he was ready to go, so it's a good future move, but it does seem like we could use him now.

Im very interested to see what happens when Ryan Bates is ready to get on the field too.

I can see that for 4th rounders, but not pick #75.  These guys went right after Amegadjie and are starting or playing significant snaps for their team:

Matt Goncalves - IND
Christian Haynes - SEA
Zak Zinter - CLE
Dominik Puni - SF

Kiwan, if not coming off an injury, would have went in the second round. He has a high ceiling potential. He drafted him in the 3rd round because of valve. He has a starter at LT so letting him sit and learn his first yr makes sense. He hasnt played yet because of his injury recovery. I would say with Jenkins injury history, he will get starter snaps. Every team is different , to say these later picks are starting as later picks might be because of injuries not necessarily because they earned it, 

Its a little premature to say he's a wasted pick. As far as drafting a OC not one of those mentioned were OCs. Only one later center is starting right now and that is because of injury, B Limmer of who we just played against. 

He had 2 starting OGs in Jenkins and Davis and brought in Bates and Shelton before the draft. Now in hindsight, Davis sucks, Shelton is not very good and Bates is injuried. Going in the draft, we needed more bodies at OT, so he drafted a OT. All of that made sense at the time but now is in question because of the results of the players he brought in.

Scott isnt seeing time because he is the backup to Rome and DJ and those 2 are much more valuable as starters. Carter as got snaps bevause he is the backup to Allen. I suspect because of schems Everett has gotten more snaps because of schemes. Havent said that you would think Scott would have gotten limited snaps at this time. Because of our running game being bad up to this game, more snaps have had a FB in place. It just may be a scheme related reason. 

Everett was an inexpensive backup with a history of being productive, that wasnt a bad signing even if he has limited snaps. 

4 hours ago, adam said:

For Amegadjie, he better be really good then because you don't draft a guy knowing he is going to miss a quarter of the season to then have him on the bench, especially with the issues in the interior. They could've drafted a G or C. Another odd positional pick for Poles there.

a lot of non first round linemen sit for their rookie year and add weight in the weight room. Its not so weird to draft a guy for the next year.

Hopefully he gets into the mix this year, and establishes himself as a starter, but if that happens next year in camp, thats OK.

It feels to me like Poles has been working toward next year as the real window.

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

a lot of non first round linemen sit for their rookie year and add weight in the weight room. Its not so weird to draft a guy for the next year.

Hopefully he gets into the mix this year, and establishes himself as a starter, but if that happens next year in camp, thats OK.

It feels to me like Poles has been working toward next year as the real window.

Poles actions is all pointing to 25 and 26 to make a run. Now if we win this year its just a bonus. 

2 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Poles actions is all pointing to 25 and 26 to make a run. Now if we win this year its just a bonus. 

I totally agree. And that doesnt mean we go 3-14 either. As we ascend we will win games too - thats gotta be part of the development. But i think next years roster will have many fewer holes.

That said, we are far enough along that if we can get some play from the OL - maybe when Bates comes back, maybe if Kiran steps in somewhere. Maybe as Pryor continues to get better, or even as the coaches stop calling such aggressive schemes, and just ask guys to block the guy in front of them instead of running multiple gaps and then being asked to get across a defenders face and then turn him inside rather than just trapping him - maybe we will put together more complete games and win more reliably.

31 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Which was the right decision - don't do anything in '24 that might put '25 and '26 and beyond at jeopardy.  The one spot they might have done that is being cheap on the oline.  Hopefully not though and they have a lot of options and ways to potentially fix it next year - both via draft and free agency (knowing that Keenan will give you flexibility).  I also want to be cautious that he holds / sticks to his guns and keeps his draft picks at this year(s) deadline (unless a total stud olinemen was available).  

You can get good players with that Panther(s) pick and they are also cost controlled - than leverage the Keenan flexibility when he leaves so you can see what else you do there (as I presume Keenan will be one and done and than become a comp pick a year down the road).  

36 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Which was the right decision - don't do anything in '24 that might put '25 and '26 and beyond at jeopardy.  The one spot they might have done that is being cheap on the oline.  Hopefully not though and they have a lot of options and ways to potentially fix it next year - both via draft and free agency (knowing that Keenan will give you flexibility).  I also want to be cautious that he holds / sticks to his guns and keeps his draft picks at this year(s) deadline (unless a total stud olinemen was available).  

You can get good players with that Panther(s) pick and they are also cost controlled - than leverage the Keenan flexibility when he leaves so you can see what else you do there (as I presume Keenan will be one and done and than become a comp pick a year down the road).  

I agree - but it's not as easy as being cheap or not, it's more a matter of being disciplined so you dont end up with a guy who is better than what you have, but not ideal on a four year deal.

The Bears used to do that all the time. They'd have a hole (or many of them) and theyd sign the best free agent that year who played that position. Let's say he was a 7/10 and he got on a 4 year deal. But now, for the next three years, if an 8 or a 9 comes along, you cant draft or sign them.

So if Poles didn't think anyone was worth riding with as the long term solution, then he didnt sign them.

Of course you cant wait for perfection in everything or you will never build a roster, but he's done pretty well I think is being disciplined and waiting for the draft and market to come to us.

Plus, free agent OL are almost always overpaid due to the scarcity of available talent in free agency. it's a draft thing. I'll bet our 1st round pick goes to OL, maybe one of our seconds too.