Power Rankings

adam

CBS traditionally hates the Bears, I was shocked to see them at #14 on their Power Rankings, I was thinking they were between 15-20 right now based on their record. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings/

ESPN has the Bears at #20
NFL.com has the Bears at #22
Yahoo has the Bears at #18

So an aggregate has them at 18.5 which really feels spot on.

Bears are slowly creeping up the charts.

After Week 5, DVOA is up to 20th (last week 23), Offensive DVOA 26th, Defensive DVOA 8th, ST DVOA 8th.

They have currently played the 2nd easiest DVOA schedule and going forward they have the 7th most difficult.

The division games and SF are the toughest games going forward. JAX, WAS, NE, and ARZ are the easiest, and ironically, the next 4 games. So the Bears really need to win 3 out of the next 4, and hit the gauntlet of death at 6-3. If they do that, they have a shot because even 4-4 should be enough for a WC slot at 10-7.

They always play DET well, GB looks off this year, MIN can't maintain this level for 18 weeks, and SF looks like a totally different team without McCaffrey, who may be back by then, but who knows. MIN is the only team with a better defense (so far) than the Bears. HOU and TEN are better defenses than all future opponents than MIN and SF, so that is promising for the Bears. Especially if the offense improves. 

6 hours ago, adam said:

Bears are slowly creeping up the charts.

After Week 5, DVOA is up to 20th (last week 23), Offensive DVOA 26th, Defensive DVOA 8th, ST DVOA 8th.

They have currently played the 2nd easiest DVOA schedule and going forward they have the 7th most difficult.

The division games and SF are the toughest games going forward. JAX, WAS, NE, and ARZ are the easiest, and ironically, the next 4 games. So the Bears really need to win 3 out of the next 4, and hit the gauntlet of death at 6-3. If they do that, they have a shot because even 4-4 should be enough for a WC slot at 10-7.

They always play DET well, GB looks off this year, MIN can't maintain this level for 18 weeks, and SF looks like a totally different team without McCaffrey, who may be back by then, but who knows. MIN is the only team with a better defense (so far) than the Bears. HOU and TEN are better defenses than all future opponents than MIN and SF, so that is promising for the Bears. Especially if the offense improves. 

Im curious to see where we're at once we start playing in our division , it should be ready for prime time at some point this season. (like this week)

3 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Im curious to see where we're at once we start playing in our division , it should be ready for prime time at some point this season. (like this week)

Not that they are watching what the Bears are doing but by the time we play them our division rivals will have missed out on the easy games against a rookie QB.  The Vikings game against their aggressive defense will be a bellwether for Caleb's progress.  Fields and Getsy were completely lost against them last year but even then on film review you could see WRs wide open on numerous plays.    

5 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Not that they are watching what the Bears are doing but by the time we play them our division rivals will have missed out on the easy games against a rookie QB.  The Vikings game against their aggressive defense will be a bellwether for Caleb's progress.  Fields and Getsy were completely lost against them last year but even then on film review you could see WRs wide open on numerous plays.    

If I'm not mistaken, Fields and the Steelers will play LVR & Getsy this weekend. It should be interesting. I still can't believe the Raiders hired Getsy. I see where WR Adams has requested a trade. He wants to get the hell out of LV. I wonder why? LOL

28 minutes ago, Pixote said:

If I'm not mistaken, Fields and the Steelers will play LVR & Getsy this weekend. It should be interesting. I still can't believe the Raiders hired Getsy. I see where WR Adams has requested a trade. He wants to get the hell out of LV. I wonder why? LOL

He  signed there to play with his college QB Derek Carr. Now that he is in New Orleans and the Raiders don't have any hope to win anything meaningful, he wants out.  I don't blame him, he is 31 and probably wants a shot at a ring. The Raiders would be better off getting draft capital to help rebuild too so it could be mutual.  

26 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

He  signed there to play with his college QB Derek Carr. Now that he is in New Orleans and the Raiders don't have any hope to win anything meaningful, he wants out.  I don't blame him, he is 31 and probably wants a shot at a ring. The Raiders would be better off getting draft capital to help rebuild too so it could be mutual.  

Crazy thing is, he makes 35 and 35 mil the next two seasons.  Nobody wants to pay that...

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

Crazy thing is, he makes 35 and 35 mil the next two seasons.  Nobody wants to pay that...

The key is after this year, the contract is not guaranteed.  Sounds like he will be traded to the Jets.  Will it be a one year and cut situation is to be seen. 

Week 7 Power Rankings

ESPN: #16
NFL.com: #13
Yahoo: #14
33rd Team: 13th
PFF: 12th

For the first time in a long time, these feel about right. I can see a case for us to be as high as 12th or as low as 16th. It just feels weird to be in the top half of the league in all power rankings. 

It is crazy to think we had to endure a 5-21 run to get to 9-5 in the last 14 (10-7 in last 17). If the arrow stays at the same rate, the Bears should consistently win 2 of 3 for the remainder of the season.