Official Week 7 Bye Week Open Thread

adam

I like that our early schedule has easier teams, gives us a chance to get CW up to speed. The coaches have time to figure the best way to use our players. Injuries is everyone's worst nightmare and we have been good as far as major injuries to star players. When our schedule hits the division we may have the best QB in it.

8 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I like that our early schedule has easier teams, gives us a chance to get CW up to speed. The coaches have time to figure the best way to use our players. Injuries is everyone's worst nightmare and we have been good as far as major injuries to star players. When our schedule hits the division we may have the best QB in it.

I agree. It also helps with the team building. Just think if they had two tough games instead of CAR and JAX, and it was SF and MIN or something like that with 2 losses. They would be 2-4 and not feeling very good.

we either got really lucky with the schedule, or the league wanted to give us time to build.

I suppose another explanation would be to delay divisional games so more teams stay mathematically alive longer to prolong interest.

Jordan Love first drive, almost a pick 6 lol. I am telling you, he is probably the luckiest QB in the NFL over the last year and a half. I have never seen so many near INTs either get dropped by a DB or somehow miraculously caught by a receiver. Eventually the average will catch up to him. 

He had 11 INTs in 579 passing attempts last year. This year he has 148 attempts and 7 INTs. One every 52 attempts to one every 22. 

10 minutes ago, adam said:

Watson tore his achilles, like Rodgers, career probably over, if it is the same side as his knee injury. 

The way he was playing, the Browns might improve with his absence from the starting lineup. Talk about a bad investment! I was shocked when they gave up so much to get this guy and then paid him a huge contract. 

The DET vs MIN game was awesome. The NFL should almost play 3x vs Division teams when they go to 18 games. 9 Division games, 4 games against another division, 4 against division from the other conference, and 1 game against a random opponent based on record. 

3 hours ago, adam said:

WTF happened in the GB game? They gave Doubs a catch when he clearly didn't "survive the ground", which gave them 6 extra yards right before the game winning FG. Unbelievable. 

Love is the luckiest quarterback in the NFL. HOU dropped a game ending INT on the Packers final drive of the game. Houston mismanaged their last drive which gave GB enough time + an extra timeout to drive down the field.

HOU was missing 5 starters on defense + no Nico Collins. Stroud was terrible. Collins might be more of a difference maker than I ever gave him credit for last season.

Matt Lafleur has been padding the hell out of Jordan Loves stats the last 2 years in goal line situations. It's almost all pass plays down there. Last year, the Packers only had 4 rush TD's all season. This year, Jacobs has just 1 touchdown on the ground. That's not even counting goal line, either. That's ALL touchdowns. Anytime they are down inside the 5, you can rest assured Love will be throwing something off play action that is wide open at least once a game.

And of course, the Packers win on a GW FG with a guy they just signed off the street the week before. So frustrating the Bears couldn't make up any ground in the division on their bye. 

11 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Love is the luckiest quarterback in the NFL. HOU dropped a game ending INT on the Packers final drive of the game. Houston mismanaged their last drive with 2 shitty run plays that drew negative yards, followed by a poorly designed pass play on an out route that was thrown short of the sticks and out of bounds, which gave GB plenty of time with an extra timeout.

HOU was missing 5 starters on defense + no Nico Collins. Stroud was terrible. Collins might be more of a difference maker than I ever gave him credit for last season.

Matt Lafleur has been padding the hell out of Jordan Loves stats the last 2 years in goal line situations. It's almost all pass plays down there. Last year, the Packers only had 4 rush TD's all season. This year, Jacobs has just 1 touchdown on the ground. That's not even counting goal line, either. That's ALL touchdowns. Anytime they are down inside the 5, you can rest assured Love will be throwing something off play action that is wide open at least once a game.

And of course, the Packers win on a GW FG with a guy they just signed off the street the week before. So frustrating the Bears couldn't make up any ground in the division on their bye. 

The Bears are going to have to take care of business head to head. If they want to make the playoffs, they have to at least split the division games and go 3-3. 

SF does not look as scary as they did last year. Aiyuk is now out for the year, and McCaffrey may never come back. Purdy looks very pedestrian when he doesn't have 4 Pro Bowlers to throw to. I believe the Bears get a mini bye before playing SF (coming off Turkey Day in Detroit). So that game is more winnable than it looked like before the season.

NE looks horrible, even with the QB change to Maye. That has to be a dominant win for them.

So the WAS game is actually a pretty big deal, it might be the difference between 9 and 10 wins at the end of the season. 

The games in the back half of the schedule are gonna be tough, but iron sharpens iron. We need to get beat up a couple times to know how to be tough enough to win.

It's gonna be difficult, but the schedule gods gave us this first half of the season for Caleb to learn. Then we will see where we are in the second half.

I predict we will give them some tough games, pull a few out and still also get spanked a few times. Maybe a playoff berth, but even so, likely to bow out early. ANd that sets the stage for a real football team to begin work next year, knowing what it takes, hungry and committed.

And as Ive said all year, with this roster, I dont want to put any ceilings on who they are in december, so they could get ahead early on my prediction and make more noise in post season than Im "expecting"

In an case, it's all really good for us long term.

Every year is different but the end of last year we should have beat Detroit twice and lost 17-9 to GB , beat Minny. We competed with those teams last year and will again this year. By the time we get to division , we my have the best QB playing. Darnold is pedestrian, Goff can be raddled an Love likes to turn over the ball. 

We seemed to be blessed this year with injures( none serious so far) and other teams are losing players. The schedule was given to us to develop a rookie QB and he is getting better. I think we win all  of our home games this year that would put us at least 3-3 in the divsion. So far we are 8-0 with the end of last season. I think we end up with a winning record and could be playoff bound. 

Jayden Daniels hurt could be benifical but I prefer he plays.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Every year is different but the end of last year we should have beat Detroit twice and lost 17-9 to GB , beat Minny. We competed with those teams last year and will again this year. By the time we get to division , we my have the best QB playing. Darnold is pedestrian, Goff can be raddled an Love likes to turn over the ball. 

We seemed to be blessed this year with injures( none serious so far) and other teams are losing players. The schedule was given to us to develop a rookie QB and he is getting better. I think we win all  of our home games this year that would put us at least 3-3 in the divsion. So far we are 8-0 with the end of last season. I think we end up with a winning record and could be playoff bound. 

Jayden Daniels hurt could be benifical but I prefer he plays.

I hope he plays too, I am going to the game in DC lol. Either way, they better win with me in attendance. 

• adam unfeatured and unpinned this topic