NFL to return to england

flea

The National Football League is coming back across the pond. After playing a highly-successful game in London last October, the NFL announced today it will return to the United Kingdom for a competitive game in 2008 as part of the league’s International Series of regular-season games.

Details about the game – including the venue and competing teams – are expected to be confirmed during Super Bowl week (January 28-February 3) in Arizona.

RUMOURS ABOUND.

The Bears are being metioned on message boards

The National Football League is coming back across the pond. After playing a highly-successful game in London last October, the NFL announced today it will return to the United Kingdom for a competitive game in 2008 as part of the league’s International Series of regular-season games.

Details about the game – including the venue and competing teams – are expected to be confirmed during Super Bowl week (January 28-February 3) in Arizona.

RUMOURS ABOUND.

The Bears are being metioned on message boards

I'm sure most of the teams will be flying around in the rumors. I hope the Bears don't go, that would suck for the travel.

Since Dallas is being proclaimed "America's Team" and New England is getting so much hype, it is a shame we can't ship them off to play the game. (Have not checked the schedule so I do not know when they are do to play each other again).

I am hoping the Bears are not exported for a game.

the 2008 UK game will not be the Bears.

The home team will be either the Bucs, Saints, Seahawks or Chiefs. It can't be a team in the same conference, so our only chance would have been the Chiefs, but we're not playing them.

just worked out who the opponents could be based on next years schedules and the possible match ups are:

If Bucs, could be against Raiders or Chargers

If Chiefs, could be against Bucs or Saints

If Seahawks could be Patriots or Jets

If Saints, could be Raiders or Chargers

The home team will be either the Bucs, Saints, Seahawks or Chiefs. It can't be a team in the same conference, so our only chance would have been the Chiefs, but we're not playing them.

just worked out who the opponents could be based on next years schedules and the possible match ups are:

:sleep

Good info. I would say it would be either SEA vs NE or NO vs SD. All the other games would be pretty boring.

Good info. I would say it would be either SEA vs NE or NO vs SD. All the other games would be pretty boring.

I agree. "Great" offense of NO vs the "Great" D of SD would be a fun game to watch (if it comes in here in Chicago).

SEA vs. NE seems like it'd be cool, but it'd be more intriguing if the game was in Seattle. It'd be interesting to see how the Pats would handle the 12th man and the cross country trip (even though you're going to get a cross ocean trip with any match up).

Imagine NYJ/OAK :sleep :sleep :sleep

Sucks to be the Saints. They lose out on a home game, but I thought that they wanted to help out New Orleans by putting the people in the seats. I guess that the whole Katrina thing has lost its luster and the economics is starting to catch up with the city. I just think they should have picked a team that doesn't have a large fan support. Like Tampa. They couldn't even fill a playoff game. I'm glad it's not the Bears that have to travel, but it would be a national televised game. This is what the NFL is doing to New Orleans :fight and :bang :P