McNabb?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Just reported on SC the Vikings, Bears, and Falcons (I think ATL was the 3rd team) all want McNabb. However, a journalist from Philly says they will keep him 1 more year. To make the Eagles change their mind, what would you give up for him? I'd sign and trade Rex and trade our 2nd and one of our 3rds.

Signing & trading Rex I don't think will work. Kolb is the starter there if McNabb goes, and Rex wants to start somewhere.

But, I would love to see the Bears deal fo McNabb as long as they don't give away the bank.

Just reported on SC the Vikings, Bears, and Falcons (I think ATL was the 3rd team) all want McNabb. However, a journalist from Philly says they will keep him 1 more year. To make the Eagles change their mind, what would you give up for him? I'd sign and trade Rex and trade our 2nd and one of our 3rds.

Why are you even including Rex in the discussion? He's a free agent. We have no claim on his rights whatsoever.

How many times have you traded the Bears 2nd and 3rd Round picks (and either Anderson or Brown) since the season ended? Just wondering

How many times have you traded the Bears 2nd and 3rd Round picks (and either Anderson or Brown) since the season ended? Just wondering

Sorry I'm trying to think of ways to make this team a contender, jagbag.

Fine. Since I haven't traded away our 6th and 7th, let me take back the 2nd/3rd trade idea for McNabb and say that we'll trade our 6th and 7th for McNabb. Yes, b/c that will definitley land him in Chicago.

Sign Rex, 2 weeks later put him in the deal. Is that not possible?

Its not that its impossible its just that its way too unlikely. Before Rex would agree to sign here he would sit down and discuss his roll with JA and Lovie and I dont think they would lie to him and he wouldnt sign here if he knew he was gonna get traded right away.

Sign Rex, 2 weeks later put him in the deal. Is that not possible?

Technically it's possible but highly unlikely. First off, we'd have to eat his signing bonus. Why would we do that? Secondly, why wouldn't the team we were dealing with just sign him? Why would they give up something to get him when he was just available?

More importantly, NFL teams, more then any other sport, put a premium on "team." Telling a guy "we want you" then dumping his ass two weeks later is not good for team morale, and it's not good for the system.

Sorry I'm trying to think of ways to make this team a contender, jagbag.

Fine. Since I haven't traded away our 6th and 7th, let me take back the 2nd/3rd trade idea for McNabb and say that we'll trade our 6th and 7th for McNabb. Yes, b/c that will definitley land him in Chicago.

LOL, jagbag. Ok.

While you are trying to think of ways to make the team a contender, try and think within the rules, and try to understand you cannot sign and trade players as if this was the NBA.

LOL, jagbag. Ok.

While you are trying to think of ways to make the team a contender, try and think within the rules, and try to understand you cannot sign and trade players as if this was the NBA.

I know you can't sign and trade, but there isn't a rule against trying to sign a guy, then a few days/weeks later, trading him.

It's a pointless argument. There is technically no rule to prevent it, but in reality, you simply will not see it. There is ZERO reason for a player to agree to this. Rules were created in the NBA for such deals, but do not apply in football.

Hey, there is no rule that says I can't hook up w/ Angelina Jolie, but......

Wait! My rule book says you can't hook up with Anjelina! Only I can! ;)

It's a pointless argument. There is technically no rule to prevent it, but in reality, you simply will not see it. There is ZERO reason for a player to agree to this. Rules were created in the NBA for such deals, but do not apply in football.

Hey, there is no rule that says I can't hook up w/ Angelina Jolie, but......

I know you can't sign and trade, but there isn't a rule against trying to sign a guy, then a few days/weeks later, trading him.

There is no rule that technically prevents it, but if the player doesn't like it, he just fails to report. Teams put contingency clasues in their trade deals about this. An example is Darwin Walker who was traded to the Bills and refused to report. Then the Bills made a deal with us, so he reported so they could complete the deal. If Walker had not liked that deal either, he would have reverted back to the Eagles.

In this case, Grossman could fail to report and the whole trade would get cancelled.

The bottom line is that you just can't treat players like commodites to that extreme. It's impractical.

what the hell is a jagbag?

It's a local sports radioism. I believe it refers to the scrotum of someone who masturbates. I'm not exactly sure why that would be a bad thing inherently though, I've always figured it came from general 7th grade mentality of sports radio.

I believe the translation into British would be a "wanker bollocks". Unfortunately that doesn't rhyme. ;)