Jonathan Vilma

GWolfe25

Jonathan Vilma according to ESPN and many other sources was given permission to seek a trade to anyone besides the Patriots. I for one am a huge fan of Vilma and thinks he would be amazing alongside Urlacher. Although you would be moving him from his MLB position to an OLB position but with his skill and youth I really think he would still shine in Chicago. Do you think there is any interest from the organization and what do you think it would take to get him?

Jonathan Vilma Can Fly Away

I heard he will struggle in the 4-3 defense. Plus, if we trade him, we probably give up a 2nd or a 3rd. I'd rather just keep Hillenmeyer, Williams, Okwo, and Urlacher and then whoever we draft.

I heard he was a player that shines in the 4-3... I do think however think we would lose pieces that we need to help our team but maybe NY will let him go for cheap, I mean come on its the Jets...

:bears

I'm not sure what I'd give up, but I wouldn't mind seening him in navy blue and burnt orange...

Jonathan Vilma according to ESPN and many other sources was given permission to seek a trade to anyone besides the Patriots. I for one am a huge fan of Vilma and thinks he would be amazing alongside Urlacher. Although you would be moving him from his MLB position to an OLB position but with his skill and youth I really think he would still shine in Chicago. Do you think there is any interest from the organization and what do you think it would take to get him?

Reading the article link of the original post it would appear that if a team came to terms with Vilma with a contract to his liking, the Jets might take a 3rd round pick. Maybe we offer them our 2nd 3rd round selection for their 4th round selection (simular to the trade for T Jones with us, LOL).

Or, since the Jets run a 3-4, would M Anderson fit their scheme?

I would love to see Vilma in a Bears Uni but suspect that JA is more than happy with Williams and Okwo replacing Briggs.

First and foremost, I hope we resign Briggs. That being said, I think we owe it to ourselves and to the guys we've drafted to find out what they can do. Jamar Williams has looked good in limited time. We drafted Michael Okwo in the 3rd round, and considering his injury wasn't that bad to begin with, he ought to be ripped and ready to go.

In terms of upgrading a position, linebacker is WAY down on the list, even if Briggs leaves. If we can do that while addressing OT, OG, RB, WR, QB, and SS, then I'll be happy.