Drafting Our New Strong Safety

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

Only thing i can say is when u have Adam Archulletta and Dannael manning starting at either safety position you need a new one. Manning is by far the worst and most useless player on our team. And Arch is the worst player when hes on the field.

Guest TerraTor

manning is absolutely horrid. He cant cover a soul, looks pathetic trying to "strip" people, refuses to take decent tackling angles, and gets totally burnt every time hes on the field... See Also: Reggie Bush swing pass, Minnesota Game (Peterson), Super Bowl. Hes almost as useless as Dante Wesley was

How about Woodyard? I know he's listed as a LB, but it seems with his lack of size, and good speed. He could be a good fit. Granted his hands aren't superb...but I think he can tackle. Something Archeletta and Manning know very little about...

Josh Barrett:6'2 225 4.35

AZ State

Kenny Phillips: 6'2 212 4.55 (un)

Miami

Quentin Demps: 6' 203 4.37

UTEP

Barrett May not last till 2nd Round

Manning has shown good coverage skills at FS and if he could tackle, no one would be complaining at all.

I dont think he has done as bad as people make him out to be either. He was in a difficult position last year after Brown went down. Manning does better when he takes a back seat to a better safety. When he has to step up and anchor the secondary he cracks.

How about Woodyard? I know he's listed as a LB, but it seems with his lack of size, and good speed. He could be a good fit. Granted his hands aren't superb...but I think he can tackle. Something Archeletta and Manning know very little about...

In our system, Woodyard would be more of an MIKE/WILL... similar to Rod Wilson.

manning is absolutely horrid. He cant cover a soul, looks pathetic trying to "strip" people, refuses to take decent tackling angles, and gets totally burnt every time hes on the field... See Also: Reggie Bush swing pass, Minnesota Game (Peterson), Super Bowl. Hes almost as useless as Dante Wesley was

Horrid is too harsh. You were saying the EXACT same things about Peanut Tillman not that long ago. The tough part about being at that position is that you only make the high-light reels for being on a great play or terrible play. Not much in-between.

Right now Manning is a mediocre to average FS. He has the speed & a great jump but he's terrible at reading defenses and the quarterback. This would go back to the notion that he's not that damn smart, which is why he flunked out of Nebraska . . . it might have been Oklahoma. Either way, how damn stupid are you for that too happen???

Manning has blazing speed, and for whatever reason, when Mike Brown is on the field he looks much better.

As for the "missed strip," before that happened Babbich huddled up the defense and yelled, "Get the ball! Get the ball!" Horrible mistake on Manning's part, but you can't hold a grudge against a guy for too long for doing what he was told.

Josh Barrett. I like him a lot athletically but he seems a bit raw (i.e. late reacting) in how he plays the position. Definitely worth a look on day 2. Had he stayed healthy ASU would have made a bigger finish at the end of the year, he was that important to their defense.