Getting feeling next season already lost.

butkusrules

We are rebuilding folks.

Ive never seen out WR corps as depleted as they are right now- and they are most likely going to get worse when Berrian skips town.

We have 1 unproven injury prone WR in Bradley and Hester who even if he becomes great diminishes our Speacial teams which has saved us in the past.

Then our Oline blows even more now then at end of season we lost 2 starters and word is we are not going after any Marquee names in that field. No Fanaca.

Our D line has been injured. T. Harris coming off major injury as is dusty devorchak. Ogunleye while he had a great season is one year older and A. Brown was just paid so who knows whether he will have drive.

RB? We have 2 complimentary RB's and a 1st rd bust.

Safety. We have no cemented safety- no Mike Brown replacement.

LB. urlacher coming of NECK !!!!! surgery. Despite Bears assurances, if you know anybody who has any spinal cord, back , neck surgery you know it is a scary proposition. briggs most likely not coming back. While we have Jamar williams he is not good enough to carry that squad, hillenmeyer either.

QB; status unchanged and all three played last year to a 7-9 record.

Oh wait TE is good.

We are rebuilding folks.

Ive never seen out WR corps as depleted as they are right now- and they are most likely going to get worse when Berrian skips town.

We have 1 unproven injury prone WR in Bradley and Hester who even if he becomes great diminishes our Speacial teams which has saved us in the past.

Reason to be concerned, but not so hard to replace a shitty Moose who was slow and couldn't catch and a Berrian who was a solid guy but no world beater. Make a pickup of Booker or any of the other 3-4 good quality guys out there, and pick up another if we lose Berrian.

Then our Oline blows even more now then at end of season we lost 2 starters and word is we are not going after any Marquee names in that field. No Fanaca.

I am not convinced we will not go after a quality player or players at this and other positions. JA has been aggressive in FA in the past....

Our D line has been injured. T. Harris coming off major injury as is dusty devorchak. Ogunleye while he had a great season is one year older and A. Brown was just paid so who knows whether he will have drive.

Harris and Dusty will be fine, and we have Garay and Israel to back up at tackle. We are set at DE, we have to have one of the best D lines in football when healthy. If everyone stays healthy the Dline will be solid at worst.

RB? We have 2 complimentary RB's and a 1st rd bust.

I agree here, and hope we pick someone up to compete for a starting job.

Safety. We have no cemented safety- no Mike Brown replacement.

Certainly not a strong spot, but Manning, Arch, McGowan, and Payne should be able to cover it if Brown doesn't come back. Wouldn't hurt to have some more bodies.

LB. urlacher coming of NECK !!!!! surgery. Despite Bears assurances, if you know anybody who has any spinal cord, back , neck surgery you know it is a scary proposition. briggs most likely not coming back. While we have Jamar williams he is not good enough to carry that squad, hillenmeyer either.

Hillenmeyer has been proving naysayers wrong for years, we have okyo, wilson, and wiliams to compete for Briggs spot if he is gone, and the jury is out for Urlacher.

QB; status unchanged and all three played last year to a 7-9 record.

Pray either Grossman or Orton go to the next level........

Oh wait TE is good.

We are rebuilding folks.

Snap out of it ButkusRules! :angry: In today's NFL we can go from worst to first, just ask the Puckers. And most of our guys have been to the mountaintop and just missed the brass ring, so there should be some fire to get back. Kool aide or bust! :drink

Good points CHile! I always like your optimism!

Even from my somewhat pessimistic view, it's not lost. We may be quasi-rebuilding. But it's not lost. If we can get a legit RB, shore up the O line, get some kind of vet WR, and have our secondary healthy and Arthuletta free, we can compete. Qb is a question mark. I personally do not like or trust Rex, but I think Orton can be a good manager given the chance. I think the overall goal will be to get back to prime form ina season...but we can do much better than last year and at least resonably vie for a playoff berth. NY did it.

Snap out of it ButkusRules! :angry: In today's NFL we can go from worst to first, just ask the Puckers. And most of our guys have been to the mountaintop and just missed the brass ring, so there should be some fire to get back. Kool aide or bust! :drink

I'm getting the feeling, too. I hope we have a good FA signing year (Berrian, Faneca, and maybe Bryant Johnson) and a good draft (Otah, Flacco, Adarius Bowman). If we can do that, we'll win 6-8 games. Have another good FA year and draft next year, like a RB (Knowshon Moreno?), and we become a 10-12 win team.

wow man....what a downer....

chill out free agency is just about to start and we have a long way to go before the season starts....they have plenty of time to work out some kinks....we're not in rebuilding/white flag yet......

I know I am a downer and I talk no comfort in feeling this way. I hate it. But it is what it is. I sit here in my office with my Bears Flage hanging behind me contemplating a bad bad season.

Tell me something good. Tell me we get 1 of our 3 major fa? At least tell me Angelo has some plan other then saving money.

pleas talk me off the ledge. All I hear is negative.