Update on Williams

Connorbear

Thanks for posting that Connor. I've been wanting to find something out about Williams. The guy ought to be pretty damn cheap. I checked PFT, and they don't have him ranked as one of the top 10 FA linebackers http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/28...gs-linebackers/

The bottom guy is speculated to make 2.5 million guaranteed, and Williams is below that.

The guy is young and has never missed an NFL game.

One thing does concern me: Jamar Williams is injury prone and is inexperienced so it makes sense we're bringing someone in for him. Understood. But what about Okwo??? How bad is he that we're not even considering him as a possible replacement?

Thanks for posting that Connor. I've been wanting to find something out about Williams. The guy ought to be pretty damn cheap. I checked PFT, and they don't have him ranked as one of the top 10 FA linebackers http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/28...gs-linebackers/

The bottom guy is speculated to make 2.5 million guaranteed, and Williams is below that.

The guy is young and has never missed an NFL game.

One thing does concern me: Jamar Williams is injury prone and is inexperienced so it makes sense we're bringing someone in for him. Understood. But what about Okwo??? How bad is he that we're not even considering him as a possible replacement?

Okwo hasn't played a down in the league. Jamar is the heir apparent unless we sign someone else.

Peace :bears

Okwo hasn't played a down in the league. Jamar is the heir apparent unless we sign someone else.

Peace :bears

Dvoracek hadn't played a down in the league, and really all you heard was how damn good he could be. We've heard that Jamar could be that good. We haven't heard a damn thing about Okwo. As a 2nd year 3rd round pick, you'd hope he could at least compete for the starting job. Instead it sounds like he'll be competing for Brendon Ayanbadejo's job.