Briggs to SF?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I think that's wrong. I just heard Zac Zaidman on WSCR Chicago an hour ago saying that San Fran has no intentions of going after Briggs. He went on to say that most of the teams who were rumored to be after him, like San Fran, run a 3-4 scheme. Briggs is at his best at the weak-side linebacker spot in a 4-3.

Zaidman went on to say there are rumors that Briggs has "Overestimated his value." In other words, his asking price is too damn high.

Who knows though.

I think that's wrong. I just heard Zac Zaidman on WSCR Chicago an hour ago saying that San Fran has no intentions of going after Briggs. He went on to say that most of the teams who were rumored to be after him, like San Fran, run a 3-4 scheme. Briggs is at his best at the weak-side linebacker spot in a 4-3.

Zaidman went on to say there are rumors that Briggs has "Overestimated his value." In other words, his asking price is too damn high.

Who knows though.

I heard the same thing. This could get interesting.

Peace :bears

I've been saying for the last year that Briggs has trouble getting off blocks, more trouble than Urlacher does yet he never gets any press about it. Briggs almost always shies away from contact with pulling guards by just diving out of the play and makes little effort to even hold his ground much less get to the ball carrier. He doesn't even fight off Fullbacks. He's at his best in space where his athleticism lets him get to the ball carrier. That doesn't mean nobody will want him but I don't think he fits any scheme.

I also think with record cap space available for so many teams and the lack of day-one interest in Briggs that nobody views him as a cornerstone type player that you build a defense around. Don't worry. Rosenhaus is a good agent and if nothing else he drum up some visits for Lance even if teams are that interested in him at his asking price. He'll have to do something if nobody has Lance in for a visit this weekend.