Berrian staying in Minny tonight

bradjock

He's flying to OAK tomorrow. Not a big deal at all IMO

Him not leaving Minnesota indicates they are giving him an even better offer. They gave him a proposal, he said, "I'll see what Oakland has to offer," and tomorrow they are going to counter with bigger money.

He's leaving that Bears, so in the big scheme of things it's really not a big deal what he does, except that Minnesota is a rival. I'd much rather see him sign with Oakland and let him enjoy the same success Randy Moss had there.

Him not leaving Minnesota indicates they are giving him an even better offer. They gave him a proposal, he said, "I'll see what Oakland has to offer," and tomorrow they are going to counter with bigger money.

He's leaving that Bears, so in the big scheme of things it's really not a big deal what he does, except that Minnesota is a rival. I'd much rather see him sign with Oakland and let him enjoy the same success Randy Moss had there.

First off, do we know the real reason he's staying in Minnesota? Maybe he couldn't get a flight to Oakland tonight, or bad weather up there kept him there.

I understand he's probably all-but-gone, but I wouldn't say he won't be a factor in Oakland. They have a good back, a good TE, an average #2 in Curry, and a young, potential-filled QB in JaMarcus Russell. If they can improve their OL and get a good DT, they have a good player at every position.

Bernard Berrian is never going to go after Travaris Jackson's off-target passes so if he ends up in Minny I view it as an opportunity for our safeties to knock him on his butt. Of course first we need some safeties capable of doing that.