Porter's Deal

Connorbear

Signed by the Jags for 6 yrs, 30 million with a 10 million signing bonus. Fairly comparable to the Bears offer to Berrian for 5 yrs 25 million with a 8 million signing bonus. I think Minny is going to offer probably 5 yrs 30 million with a 12 million signing bonus and he will sign on the dotted line.

Free agent WRs left that interest me:

Bryan Johnson (meeting soon - hopefully we sign him)

Reche Caldwell

Drew Carter

DJ Hackett

Jabar Gaffney

Keary Colbert

Marty Booker

Robert Ferguson (if we are desperate)

Javon Walker (is he a drillrod; can he stay healthy?)

I am really hoping we can sign Johnson. I saw that Wilford signed a 13 million deal with the Jags. I would think Johnson's contract would be comparable. Johnson has 210 receptions with 9 TDs in 5 yrs. Wilford 141 receptions with 15 TDs in 4 yrs.

Peace :bears

Signed by the Jags for 6 yrs, 30 million with a 10 million signing bonus. Fairly comparable to the Bears offer to Berrian for 5 yrs 25 million with a 8 million signing bonus. I think Minny is going to offer probably 5 yrs 30 million with a 12 million signing bonus and he will sign on the dotted line.

Free agent WRs left that interest me:

Bryan Johnson (meeting soon - hopefully we sign him)

Reche Caldwell

Drew Carter

DJ Hackett

Jabar Gaffney

Keary Colbert

Marty Booker

Robert Ferguson (if we are desperate)

Javon Walker (is he a drillrod; can he stay healthy?)

I am really hoping we can sign Johnson. I saw that Wilford signed a 13 million deal with the Jags. I would think Johnson's contract would be comparable. Johnson has 210 receptions with 9 TDs in 5 yrs. Wilford 141 receptions with 15 TDs in 4 yrs.

Peace :bears

Two guys you left off were Donte Stallworth & Brandon Lloyd. Stallworth is great with the run after the catch. Other then Mark Bradley on occassion, that's something the Bears have not had. Brando Lloyd is more of a speedster like Berrian who can stretch the field.

The kicker is, while I really like Berrian, I'm not certain he's better then Stallworth or much better then Lloyd. Yet he's going to make twice as much.

Either way, the Bears had better make it a priority to sign ANYBODY at WR. If we enter the season with Bradley & Hester as our 2 starters . . .

Two guys you left off were Donte Stallworth & Brandon Lloyd. Stallworth is great with the run after the catch. Other then Mark Bradley on occassion, that's something the Bears have not had. Brando Lloyd is more of a speedster like Berrian who can stretch the field.

The kicker is, while I really like Berrian, I'm not certain he's better then Stallworth or much better then Lloyd. Yet he's going to make twice as much.

Either way, the Bears had better make it a priority to sign ANYBODY at WR. If we enter the season with Bradley & Hester as our 2 starters . . .

I think a lot of people overrate Berrian around here. Stallworth is absolutely better than Berrian. I would love to go after Lloyd and Stallworth as well. I would really like to get Walker because when hes healthy he is an absolute number 1 receiver.

I think a lot of people overrate Berrian around here. Stallworth is absolutely better than Berrian. I would love to go after Lloyd and Stallworth as well. I would really like to get Walker because when hes healthy he is an absolute number 1 receiver.

Stallworth is better than Berrian when healthy. Stallworth has been no where near as healthy as Berrian so far in his career.